Why Maiden?

What made you pick Maiden from a whole load of metal bands around?

Maybe some of you have some interesting tales to tell? :)

When I was 9 my next door neighbor gave me a black and white small poster of Iron Maiden with Paul Di'Anno, and Dennis Stratton on it and I haven't looked back since. :)

MP

I heard Powerslave back in 1984 when I was 6 years old...and now, 20 years later they are still my #1 :banana:

I was about 6 or 7 years old when my mate gave me a copy of NoTB, and I have been hooked ever since :D

My first meet with IM was with Number....
Since, I'm totally addict... but it's so good...
:trooper:

When I was around 12, I heard one of my cousins listening to NOTB and I was like "hey, who is this? They sound good" and the rest as they say is history.......... :)

When I was 9 or 10 (back in the dark ages!) my best mates brother played Iron Maiden and Killers non stop....I am forever in his debt :D

wicker nomad said:
When I was 9 or 10 (back in the dark ages!) my best mates brother played Iron Maiden and Killers non stop....I am forever in his debt :D

and doesn't it feel great to have discovered them so early on in our lives? :banana:

Well, when I was living in Saudi Arabia back in 1994, I was hanging out with some of my friends in the compound. He put in a video, and it had the music video to Be Quick or be Dead on it. A few months after I returned to the U.S, my friend was playing this awesome song(NOTB) so I asked who it was and he showed me the cover to Number of the Beast. Shortly afterwards I bought Killers, but i was still on an Ozzy/Dio/Sabbath kick at the time. Finally my friend gave me a copy of Somewhere In Time and I've been hooked on Iron Maiden ever since! :metal:

When I was four years old I herd my step father play Killers and even at that young age I liked it. And I never looked back.

The End.

I got into playing the guitar, then started listening to metallica then i got introduced to iron maiden from one of my mates, after hearing alex the great i was stunned and didnt stop going round to listen to it then eventully fell in love with maiden!!
Up the Irons!!!

Back