Why Maiden?

After being a metallica fan, i got sick of all the same shit all the time. Their music doesnt change, as soon as i heard Iron Maiden i was freaked out and just fell completely in love with The Irons!!!!!
Steve is just the greatest :evil: :evil:

I Bought the killers cd first because purgatory was on tony hawlk and then i got the Seventh son of a seventh son cd that was the cd! then i got the rest of the cds none of the new stuff (BNW DOD) just dont like it

i like to head bang i just cant do it listening to bnw or dod

Ive only recently been hooked, i borrowed Edward The Great off a mate of mine, LOVED it, baught DOD and went to see them at cardiff. Still got that ticket from that momentous day! I now own copies of Number of the beast Dance Of Death and Iron Maiden. Thought about SSOASS but i got half the songs off Eddy The Great. Can n e one reccomend another album? (lookin for a copy of Best of The Beast, the double disk set, like tryin to find rocking hoarse shit. :D )

DancerOf Death said:
Ive only recently been hooked, i borrowed Edward The Great off a mate of mine, LOVED it, baught DOD and went to see them at cardiff. Still got that ticket from that momentous day! I now own copies of Number of the beast Dance Of Death and Iron Maiden. Thought about SSOASS but i got half the songs off Eddy The Great. Can n e one reccomend another album? (lookin for a copy of Best of The Beast, the double disk set, like tryin to find rocking hoarse shit. :D )
You have to get Piece Of Mind!! :D

wicker nomad said:
You have to get Piece Of Mind!! :D
i recently bought ssoass
i must say its my new favethough i do have the original records of can i play with madness, the evil that men do and the angel and the gambler. bet i could get a bit for them on ebay, but i wont, they r too precious
manic recomends :
brave new world
somewhere in time
no prayer for the dying
or like wicky said peice of mind

i listen helloween for a 3 months and one friend told me that i had to listen one album of iron maiden, and i start to listen, first i heard 7th son of.., then no prayer, and then tomorow i heard 8 albums, i realised that IRON MAIDEN is what i need

'bout five years ago my music taste was limited to the mainstream, 'cause it was all that came from radio. I hadn't herd amazing guitarsolos, mindblowing screaming or massive music-epics - Maiden had it all. I always thought that Heavy Metal was dark, boring and growling, but I was blown away 'bout it's greatness. It had it all. Without Maiden I wouldn't have learned how beautiful music can be.
That's why Maiden.

the first band i ever liked was motorhead then i got into classic rock and then strayed to hiphop/rap era
then i rediscovered maiden when i got best of the beast..i mean i knew some of maidens stuff before( fear of the dark album ) but when i first heard them i didnt like them.....in fact i couldnt see what was such a big deal about them
and best of the beast just blew me away and i needed more and when the first interest in maiden started fading away they announced a concert in croatia and i was hooked

It all really started in the year 2000. Before that time I used to listen to Deep Purple, Guns'N'Roses, Nirvana some Queen songs but didn't know anything about Iron Maiden except the name - that such a band exists :D Then my colleague from school brought a cd to school and said that he had just discovered that (rather late :D ) He borrowed me "Fear of the dark" album and it all started. I went home and listened to the cd. What was my firs oppinion? Pretty strange! I said that music is really ok, they play really well, lots of guitar solos and nice riffs - what I like, but Bruce's voice annoyed me very much! I said that everything is ok except the vocalist and that "he sings like a gay" LOL Yeah strange but true. After some time I went back to listening to that cd and realized that it's the music I really like. Finally I got used to Dickinson's vocal and now I cannot imagine Iron Maiden without Bruce! :D He is the best, I love his vocal and don't think that he sings like a fag anymore! :withstupid:
Then I started to borrow more Iron Maiden cds. Next were No Prayer For The Dying, Live After Death, Iron Maiden and all the rest.
Now I can't forgive myself that I didn't know them the long time before...
Iron Maiden was also one of the reasons why I bought the electric guitar and started to play :guitar:
Listening to the Iron Maiden launched my adventure with heavy metal which still continues...
Oh what a beautiful story it was - wasn't it? :D

This will sound so lame...I heard them on a music channel...

And that was when I was 11...I'm now 13 (almost)

two years ago friend's sister gave me tnotb and tbotb just to hear it, and i liked it very much.
a month later they had a concert in croatia and my father took me there, all the rest is history :)

Heard them at a friends house early 1999/2000, not looked back since :banana:

Best band I've ever heard ever

i was 16 when i listened to TNOTB. till this day they stayed the best metal group i've heard :cheers:

ewil said:
(...) amazing guitarsolos, mindblowing screaming or massive music-epics - Maiden had it all. I always thought that Heavy Metal was dark, boring and growling, but I was blown away 'bout it's greatness. It had it all. Without Maiden I wouldn't have learned how beautiful music can be.
That's why Maiden.
I wouldn't say it better myself :suck:

The story goes like this : my uncle, who is motorcycle (or should i say biker) freak, took me to a biker feast back in 1996. I remember it as it was yesterday. That were 2nd biker days (26.-28.07.1996 - I still have flyer) here in Pula (Istra, Croatia); and, as all bikers have, those also had many bands playing. I particulary remember one band who played Iron Maiden covers, and I was like, WOW what is this (strange, considering I was 9 years old - but I grew up listening to Hendrix, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, WASP etc... )... That was my first contact with Iron Maiden
Since I was still a child, I couldn't buy CD or something like that, so my 2nd contact happened when I was 14 years old. I heard the same song in a club, got to know who Maiden are what do they do etc, and saved for my very first Maiden album. In a little while I bought it. It was BNW (I picked it because of the cover LOL). Since that day, since the moment I had BNW in my hands and in my player, I'm a total MAIDEN FREAK ...
It wasn't the first metal group I listened, for example I was listening Helloween earlier (still a fan), but IM is purely, simply ... PERFECT!
THEY'RE GODS.

Live to ride, ride to live.
Live to listen IM, listening IM to live ...
UP THE IRONS

And yes, we all ARE blood brothers (and sisters)

A swedish mate of mine showed me fear of the dark on his mp3 and it totally blew me away, I was like THIS IS ...................................AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL :banana: :banana: :banana: LOL LOL LOL

Back