The Member Diary

rockin_plumber said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: HOW MUCH A MONTH

We haven't upset the neighbours LOL .....................:err:

Its £825 a month :|

Its difficult matey, there are lots of positives and negatives to think about.

Here's some of the stuff that seems quite good

1)Miss_Bocky can walk/cycle to work - saves fuel money and is healthier

2)To go shopping for groceries and stuff, we can walk in to town - saves fuel and is healthier

3)Its a 15 minute walk from the centre of town - compared to where we are now, where there is nothing. It just means we'll be out of the house doing a lot more walking and wandering, which i think will be better for us physically and mentally. It also means less driving about, which saves time and some money as well

4)Location in relation to work - for me its the right side of town for Bristol, Swindon, Gloucester. Cardiff, and if i get a job in Bath i can walk or get the bus. I can walk to the train station in 30 minutes or cycle there. I could get the train to Southampton, Salisbury, Reading, Bristol, Cardiff, Taunton, Exeter etc. So for getting to another job when this contract finishes it has some positives and to option to walk to work, or get the train could save some money

5)It would be a 6 month tenancy initially, so if it really worked out to be too expensive or whatever, we could aways move again ( :roll: )

6)Its in a beautiful building in a lovely part of town with a fantastic view. It will be great in the summer to look out over that golf course across to the countryside

The one big downside is the cost of renting it, its expensive :|

We want to move because there is just nothing where we are now. I think as autumn and winter have drawn in we have suddenly realised that once it gets dark here, there isn't even really a pub we can wander along the road to, and that's a bit rubbish.

If we were living in that part of Bath we would at least be able to see a bit more life, get out a bit more and meet people. Its very difficult to do that where we are now, they do have a bit of a village mentality here :err:

I don't know what to think really, but we have realised if we do move in to Bath we are going to have to pay more than we do now. We could pay the same as we are paying in rent now where we ware and get somewhere that's a bit shitty. Or we stump up the extra moolah and get somewhere that you don't feel depressed about going home to after a hard days work.

Its makin my brain hurt :(

I finally completed my research project today. It is done at last!! After museum closures, bad weather, and logistical crap, I finally went to the museum and did the writing part. I had to go back today to get my references. I finally typed it up and I "shipped" (the term I use for emailing reports and papers) it off to the professor. I now have no work to do this semester even though I have to talk about the project tomorrow in our last class. Wish me luck with the grade guys!!

Can't believe what we did tonight :shock:

I was upstairs cleaning, Mr wicky asleep on the sofa at 7pm, doorbell went...

Half of mr wickys family :shock:

We had both completely forgotten they were coming :shock: :oops:

They must have been able to tell we'd forgotten....mainly by my face looking like this ... :shock:

They've only just gone :|

metalwarrior220 said:
I finally completed my research project today. It is done at last!! After museum closures, bad weather, and logistical crap, I finally went to the museum and did the writing part. I had to go back today to get my references. I finally typed it up and I "shipped" (the term I use for emailing reports and papers) it off to the professor. I now have no work to do this semester even though I have to talk about the project tomorrow in our last class. Wish me luck with the grade guys!!

Bet of luck my friend, with all the study work you've been putting in i'm sure you'll do fine :banana: :D :banana:

wicky said:
Can't believe what we did tonight :shock:

I was upstairs cleaning, Mr wicky asleep on the sofa at 7pm, doorbell went...

Half of mr wickys family :shock:

We had both completely forgotten they were coming :shock: :oops:

They must have been able to tell we'd forgotten....mainly by my face looking like this ... :shock:

They've only just gone :|

LMAO LOL LOL LOL poor Wicky and Mr_Wicky, i hope you still had a nice night at least :)

Bockaaarck said:
Here's a map thingy of where it is:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...t=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=7612542&encType=1

In the pic its the crescent at the bottom of the pic and where there's four cars parked in a row (two dark one, a gold/beige one then another dark one), then there's a little silver or white car parked, thats outside the front of the house. The apartment is on the top floor of that building and you can see for miles :shock: :shock: :shock:

And as indicated by Miss_Bocky, there is a Golf Course just over the road, which we can use to get some exercise, to which the only answer could be "Yes dear..."

LOL

you could live move in a castle then bocky :shock: 8) :shock:

it looks very amazing 8) 8)

a bit expensive but you'll spend less in fuel than today :D

and the point for the decision is that you'll can play golf :D :D :D :D :D

you'll take the right decision :grouphug:

Bockaaarck said:
I may just have put myself forward to do the Bruce Air to Warsaw and Prague :err:
:shock: I have been soooo tempted to book that one :err:

Don't think mr wicky would be too happy though :(

I made my program for the great dinner

:err:

to start :

11631.jpg

in the middle :

s_4831.jpg

some cheese with traditionnal bread 8)

and surely a magnum to finish :D (a double chocolate coz it's a special day LOL )

happy december, 31 :|

btw i 'll start with a big whisky coca to forget :fist:

Saw a really good band down the pub last night :D
They played everything from Motorhead to Muse , Bowie to Velvet Revolver, really enjoyed it :banana:

I spent all day putting music onto my best friends hubbys laptop 8)

We have a new convert :shock: He heard a song from AMOLAD at work, when someone said who it was he was gobsmacked, he's never heard any maiden before :shock:

He asked me if I could put all their songs on for him :banana:

its fucking snowing again .. which is totally shafting my plans for the night.
woe is me.
I think I'm finally due for some good fucking luck.

Back