Cheer Cyrus Up!

Cyrus said:
Let me ask you something then. If I'm such a nice guy and all, why am I constantly lonely? :) I have tons of friends, mostly back in Norway, but I have yet to find that special someone. I'm not particulary talking about a girlfriend or whatever. More of a soul-mate if you want. Someone who completely understands me. Someone you don't have to talk to, just to entertain them, but you can enjoy the silence together :)

Music is actually one of the things that makes me happy :banana: I could never live without that! :D

Sometimes the person who seems to be the most surrounded by friends can be the loneliest of all. Kind of like the 'Sad Clown'. I prefer a term I read in a Vonnegut book 'Dupras' (it means a soul mate, but not just in a romantic sense) -to the term soul mate. As to why you haven't found that soul mate-don't you think there might be more than one? I've known more than one person who I have felt that way with. But that is something that is hard for anyone to find. The funny thing is-it might be someone you'd least expect. I have a saying I like to use 'Silence is comforting among friends".

. I have a saying I like to use 'Silence is comforting among friends".[/quote]

good reflections. You're in the right

fam12.gif

SexyDevilGirl said:
...As to why you haven't found that soul mate-don't you think there might be more than one? I've known more than one person who I have felt that way with. But that is something that is hard for anyone to find. The funny thing is-it might be someone you'd least expect. I have a saying I like to use 'Silence is comforting among friends".

I'll let you know when/if I find my first one :p

SexyDevilGirl said:
Please do- I know you will. If I can-you definately can. I just miss mine :cry:

Oh my god it's the depression in this time !! you can't cheer Cyrus and be sad in the same time. You must to give the example !!!!

We're going to finish like that......... :cross:

SexyDevilGirl said:
Please do- I know you will. If I can-you definately can. I just miss mine :cry:

Come to think of it, I suppose I do have a friend I could call a soul-mate. She knows everything about me, and I can talk to her about everything I want. She was the first girl I really loved I think.

But she lives in Norway and I rarely see her :cry: I talk to her on occassions on MSN, but that's not the same as being near her.

Where is your soul-mate?

Cyrus said:
Come to think of it, I suppose I do have a friend I could call a soul-mate. She knows everything about me, and I can talk to her about everything I want. She was the first girl I really loved I think.

But she lives in Norway and I rarely see her :cry: I talk to her on occassions on MSN, but that's not the same as being near her.

Where is your soul-mate?

He was killed a few years ago. :cry:

Cyrus said:
I'm very sorry to hear that :( :grouphug:

Thank you, I miss him so much. I wasn't told about his death until a few months later-so I missed his funeral . He was in the army, and was killed.

SexyDevilGirl said:
Thank you, I miss him so much. I wasn't told about his death until a few months later-so I missed his funeral . He was in the army, and was killed.

Have you others you really connect with?

Cyrus said:
Have you others you really connect with?

A few, but unfortunately all my friends are so different from eachother that they don't get along :(
And none of my friends like Metal (which is the music I'm most passionate about). I end-up missing a lot of concerts I'd love to go to.

SexyDevilGirl said:
A few, but unfortunately all my friends are so different from eachother that they don't get along :(
And none of my friends like Metal (which is the music I'm most passionate about). I end-up missing a lot of concerts I'd love to go to.

Tell me about it! I know exactly how you feel! I have to change personalities when I'm around different friends. It's hard work :|

I don't have any friends who like metal either. One of my mates used to like metal, but he went over to punk and nu-metal :x

Cyrus said:
Tell me about it! I know exactly how you feel! I have to change personalities when I'm around different friends. It's hard work :|

I don't have any friends who like metal either. One of my mates used to like metal, but he went over to punk and nu-metal :x

I don't change personalities, I can't. I just like a lot of different things-so it's good that I have friends that are different from eachother. I wish they could be open-minded enough to get along though-it's hard when you are caught in the middle. I end-up defending people against judgemental bullshit. I also end-up having to make dinner for people like three times a week; because I can't have them all over at once. It's a lot of work making people happy. :|

SexyDevilGirl said:
I don't change personalities, I can't. I just like a lot of different things-so it's good that I have friends that are different from eachother. I wish they could be open-minded enough to get along though-it's hard when you are caught in the middle. I end-up defending people against judgemental bullshit. I also end-up having to make dinner for people like three times a week; because I can't have them all over at once. It's a lot of work making people happy. :|

It shouldn't be hard work making people happy, it sucks all the fun out of it. And your friends should be more considerate I think :)

Cyrus said:
It shouldn't be hard work making people happy, it sucks all the fun out of it. And your friends should be more considerate I think :)

That's not possible, people tend to be too self-centered. I think that's why my friends are drawn to me in the first place, I have a generous nature. But that's alright with me. I enjoy making people happy, I like entertaining and making people laugh (although I'm not that funny). It makes me happy to make people happy. and I believe in Karma (alright don't make fun of me).

Man, I used the word happy there alot :err:

SexyDevilGirl said:
That's not possible, people tend to be too self-centered. I think that's why my friends are drawn to me in the first place, I have a generous nature. But that's alright with me. I enjoy making people happy, I like entertaining and making people laugh (although I'm not that funny). It makes me happy to make people happy. and I believe in Karma (alright don't make fun of me).

Man, I used the word happy there alot :err:

I'm like that myself. I enjoy in giving. But sometimes it can backfire tho. When people take advantage of my kindness and stuff. But still I can't help not being nice to them.

This has happened so many times, especially with some of the girls I live with :cry:

Cyrus said:
I'm like that myself. I enjoy in giving. But sometimes it can backfire tho. When people take advantage of my kindness and stuff. But still I can't help not being nice to them.

This has happened so many times, especially with some of the girls I live with :cry:

But don't assume they may not appreciate it. People have the tendency to not thank one another. I feel someone has taken advantage of me when they act as though they are entitled to my generosity-you know- you do something nice and they complain or act as though it was not good enough. For example- I gave Iron Maiden tickets to a couple of my friends. Niether had ever been to a concert. They don't listen to Maiden-but they wanted to go to see how it was (I had extra tickets). One girl had a blast, she jumped up and down, sang along (I told her what to sing) she loved it! And thanked me a lot, told me she really appreciated it and would never forget that night. The other girl-she complained! Said the music was crazy, loud, and the people were goofy. She also made fun of Bruce's pants
:x

SexyDevilGirl said:
But don't assume they may not appreciate it. People have the tendency to not thank one another. I feel someone has taken advantage of me when they act as though they are entitled to my generosity-you know- you do something nice and they complain or act as though it was not good enough. For example- I gave Iron Maiden tickets to a couple of my friends. Niether had ever been to a concert. They don't listen to Maiden-but they wanted to go to see how it was (I had extra tickets). One girl had a blast, she jumped up and down, sang along (I told her what to sing) she loved it! And thanked me a lot, told me she really appreciated it and would never forget that night. The other girl-she complained! Said the music was crazy, loud, and the people were goofy. She also made fun of Bruce's pants
:x

Don't that make you feel sad tho? That you did such a nice thing for your friend and she didn't appreciate it.

I would break my back for my friends, and it does really upset me sometimes when they don't see what I'm doing for them. I'm not nice for selfish reasons, that's just the way I am, but it's always nice to get some appreciation for it as well :)

Cyrus said:
Don't that make you feel sad tho? That you did such a nice thing for your friend and she didn't appreciate it.

I would break my back for my friends, and it does really upset me sometimes when they don't see what I'm doing for them. I'm not nice for selfish reasons, that's just the way I am, but it's always nice to get some appreciation for it as well :)

It didn't really bother me too much that she didn't appreciate it. It bugged me that she made fun of Maiden and their fans. It made me happy that the other friend had the time of her life.

Back