about Maiden in general chat

wicker nomad said:
Cardiff :D Looks like it's going to be the best choice for a maiden worlders meet up :wink:

Might have to be Cardiff...
Weighed up the options....
Miss_rockin works Fridays.... so little_rockin would be home alone :err:
So near to Xmas Tesco wont give her the time off....

Xmas bonus is handed out the day we finish work for Xmas....
So the 22nd wouldnt be a good day to have off work :err:

The 11th @ Cardiff looks like a Deffinate for rockin :D

:? What a dilema..........

On the Trivium website was a tour poster and they had the 23rd Dec @ EC
as a date with Maiden

:?

It is Saturday and Saturday is good :|

rockin_plumber said:

as a date with Maiden

That would be awesome. I would go that

rockin_plumber said:

as a date with Maiden

But going to London the Satyrday b4 Xmas would be a bad idea :|

Cardiff is back on for rockin then :banana: :banana: :banana:

rockin_plumber said:
But going to London the Satyrday b4 Xmas would be a bad idea :|

Cardiff is back on for rockin then :banana: :banana: :banana:
Yes! :banana: :banana: satyrdays can be bad :p

I was going to nag you to death about Cardiff LOL

wicker nomad said:
Yes! :banana: :banana: satyrdays can be bad :p

I was going to nag you to death about Cardiff LOL

satyrdays :err: Is that how you say it down there LOL

Its Cardiff definately now....

:err: looked @ the trains....

Coming home looks bad :err:

one leaves Cardiff @ 9:40 and takes 8.5 hours to get here.... :shock:
:err: Stops @ Westbury for 5 hours :|

Or there is one @ 4:30 in the morning which takes 2.5 hours.....

Looks like my mate is driving 8)

i think all the worst about the tourdates
i think its unfair that they decided to neglect everybody thats not in western europe for the european leg of the tour....

when you have a tour who's most eastern locations are dortmund and milano that tells you everything

as far as i am concered if iron maiden wants to make money on western european based fans then as far as i'm concerned they don't even need to bother to ship the original cds, best of compilations, dvds, rererere...releases of singles over here to nonwestern europe countries

they can sell them to western europeans as far as i'm concerned
i'll download my iron maiden stuff

after all why should i give money to a band that doesn't give a fuck about us fans that are not based in western europe :|

Snake said:
Kevin Shirley's sixth studio diary updating us on how Maiden's 14th studio album is coming along has been posted. Bruce has now only got one song left to sing and seven out of ten songs have got their final mixes done. Read on for the latest news from the recording.

Many thanks to dogigniter

"Hi there, Maiden fans. An update so soon - well, let me tell you, it may have been a short week, but it has been extraordinarily productive!

Got in early Monday morning from Italy and sailed right into Paddington on the Heathrow Express and was hard at work by 10am. 'Arry came in about noon - and then the rest of the week is a blur.

Wing Commander Biggles came in a couple of times - to sing a couple of songs, to work on some lyrics and melodies - Steve writes the melodies and Bruce writes lyrics to fit the meter. Steve whistles the tune and Bruce scratches his head and concentrates, searching pages and pages of ideas and lyrics he's got prepared. By the way, when Bruce does a vocal, it's entirely physical! I don't have a great view of him, because that would be weird just staring at him singing, but I can see him enough to see that he moves like he's on stage - with a fixed microphone tho, of course. His arms windmill around, and when he gets back into the control room, he's covered in sweat! He says he gives his abdominals a serious workout each time, and the vocals on this album are bitching!!!! Actually, the whole thing is - no kidding!!! The drums are gigantic - 'Arry's bass goes up your ass, it's so biting and heavy, and all Three Amigos have pulled out serious melodic solos, and I love the songs!

Anyway, Biggles has only ONE song left to sing - and I have already got final mixes of SEVEN - yes, you read that correctly - seven songs are in the can, from an album of ten. We have been working chronologically the whole time - and the order we've recorded the songs - and mixed them, is the running order for the album. Bizarre, yet utterly true and seriously satisfying! I haven't been this excited since Silverchair's Frogstomp........ well, then I did enjoy the Led Zeppelin DVD and live albums ..... and then I loved producing the Black Crowes and earlier Maiden albums too .... and I had a kickass time getting Joe Bonamassa's new album done (by the way, if you're a fan of the blues at all - of Jeff Beck, Peter Green, etc - check out Joe's album. It's called You And Me and we did a cracking cover version of a Led Zeppelin blues track - Tea For One) .... but still, I am very excited!

Jan came in - did some gorgeous harmonics on the quiet section of the track we call "Billy Bunter", well, that's it's working title! He added some melodic lines to a sing-along bit and Adrian came in and had some nice lunches - and put down a terrific acoustic guitar track over one of Bruce's songs, Song #6, which could conceivably get a few spins on the radio even!! Steve put down some tasteful synths and sang ONE backing vocal; and really did a sterling job on the keyboards, ably assisted by long time Maiden stalwart, Michael Kenney - the live keyboard player, bass and guitar tech, and general all-round whiz-kid! I'm normally pretty feisty about the keyboards, as I don't love them -but these have really enhanced the few sections where they've been played! Actually, there hasn't been a fight on this entire session! Amazing! Adrian did burst a blood vessel and yell at Jan for having a giggle with me while he was trying to listen to one of his solos on a B-side track, but we put that down to the time of the month - and then 'Arry and I had that little "rockabilly" exchange back when - but it's been a seriously fantastic session! And you'll get to hear all of that!

So, that's where we're at. We've moved our mastering date forward, because as we'll finish well ahead of schedule, we can get some other things done - I'm gonna produce a quickie 10 day album in Las Vegas with indie-rockers Supagroup, I'll also fit in some surround sound mixes for future live releases, and I've got a couple of things to do for a little Jimmy Page thing that's going on in the background. You might wonder what all these rock stars do, when not dancing and prancing around the stage, but succesful people work very hard - and all the time too! It's exhausting!

So, I hope you've enjoyed this little peek into our week that's just flown by. All the boys are home today and I'm working in the studio on my own - making sure the rock/metal is just the way you like it! It doesn't sound like anyone else, and we like that! We don't listen to any current stuff and compare it in the studio - we like to make the music sound like music we want to hear. And I know you'll love it!

My son Josh's 18th birthday is 06.06.06.

Could I be parent of the Beast? I'd better check under his hair...........

Your order for Iron Maiden: Death On The Road (3 Discs) has been posted.

Please note PLAY MAIL ORDER will show on your statement.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

Please check the following order information:

Title: Iron Maiden: Death On The Road (3 Discs)
Price: £0 .00
Delivery Cost: FREE

An Email I recieved today

:shock: :shock: :shock: Has it been fixed now

rockin_plumber said:
Your order for Iron Maiden: Death On The Road (3 Discs) has been posted.

Please note PLAY MAIL ORDER will show on your statement.

Please allow 3-5 days delivery.

Please check the following order information:

Title: Iron Maiden: Death On The Road (3 Discs)
Price: £0 .00
Delivery Cost: FREE

An Email I recieved today

:shock: :shock: :shock: Has it been fixed now

Its taken three months for Play.com to send me..................

ANOTHER FUCKED COPY OF THE DVD :x :x :x
FUCKIN BASTARD FUCKWITS :x :x :x
CANT THEY FUKIN SORT THIS OUT :x :x :x

Back