A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH

od duran durana me uopće nečudi kaj su zaradili vise love...

ali ovo za kraljicu je predobro... LOL
kak to da nemaju titule?
ko ima, robbie williams ili neko drugi. hmmm :?
nemrem se sjetit

arijana1807 said:
od duran durana me uopće nečudi kaj su zaradili vise love...

ali ovo za kraljicu je predobro... LOL
kak to da nemaju titule?
ko ima, robbie williams ili neko drugi. hmmm :?
nemrem se sjetit
Elton John i Paul McCartney

ugodnog li iznenađenja:
novi spot za different world nije samo sniman u studiju, nego je animiran.
nešto kao wildest dreams. na službenoj se stranici može vidjeti kratki isječak, ali daje nadu

Iron Maiden's A Matter of Life and Death album has been certified gold in Greece.

Maiden has six dates remaining in its successful sold-out North American tour and will travel to Japan before heading to Europe to bring "A Matter of Life and Death" to the rest of the world.

QUEBEC OCT 8 – 4pm EST

So we went off to the Boston Airport to pick up out new transport for the next week or so – and what a beauty it is – 9 seater Gulfstream 200. We started travelling by private plane a few years ago and it makes a massive difference to the comfort and ability to tour. We really don’t want to be crammed on a tour bus anymore- did enough of that in the past – and as we all know with all the security aspects flying commercially is a real pain. The first time we toured over here by private plane was when Bruce flew Steve, Nicko and l in his own Cessna and that was great fun as we got to see USA and Canada from coast to coast at 1500 feet. Dave, Jan and H – the tres amigos – went scheduled as the Cessna was only a 5 seater!! Since then we have gone by jet. We need a 9 seater for whole band, myself , our tour manager Ian and his assistant Gaddsy. So anyway got on the plane to be told there was an hour delay due to the amount of air traffic heading for Philly so we sat back and had something to eat and drink. The pilot used to fly F16s which of course fascinated Bruce and l have to say the take off and landing was by far the fastest any of us (except Bruce!) had experienced.

Got to gig at about 6. checked in with Dickie our Production Manager – everything fine. Had a look at hall – we have played here a few times but not in winter with the lawns closed off. In America the “sheds”, as they tend to be known, are permanent auditoriums with large stage and generally good backstage facilities . They have a roof covering anything up to 12,000 seats with a lawn behind which can hold up to another 10,000 or so quite often. The Camden one holds about 7,300 seated and in the winter a wall is put up behind the seats cutting off the lawns and enclosing the venue. This was the same at Hartford which was also a shed. Verizon in LA coming up Oct 21 is a shed too but because of the good Californian weather the lawns can remain open to give it a total capacity of about 16,000.

Anyway this show has been sold out for a week or so. I walked round outside with the audience and had a beer just getting the feel. You can often tell how a gig will be by the atmosphere of the audience beforehand and here there was a very good “up” vibe – so l reckoned it would be a really good night.

Watched all of Bullet for my Valentine who went on at 7.30 and did 40 min. They played really well and went down well with the crowd, the majority of which was in to see them. Check them out if you get chance.

Anyway we went on at 8.35 to an enormous cheer. It really was a good gig – thank you Philly. Even better l found out after that the band were really happy with the onstage sound so what the crew did must have worked. The onstage sound from monitors and to some extent PA is crucial – if you cant hear yourself play or sing it is very tough and hard for the guys to enjoy it. So that was great news. Unfortunately the major “special effect “ didn’t work due to power problem which is a real shame as its just brilliant. I wont specify so as not to blow it for the rest of you (although no doubt the whole detail of our show is probably on the web somewhere by now!) but l felt sorry for the Camden audience to have missed it. But they sure seemed to enjoy it a lot anyway.

After the show it was straight off stage into the cars and off to the airport to fly up to Quebec though we had to land in Montreal on the way for customs clearance which fortunately at that late time was pretty quick. This way we can have a full day off without travelling – a Sunday too which is always good. We had a bit of wine on the flight and as the onstage sound was so improved the band were in great spirits and we had a good laugh between us on the 2 hour flight. I guess we got to the hotel at about 2am but not so sure.

Had a good lie in then got up and went to breakfast at the top of the hotel – beautiful views of the city, the Heights of Abraham and the St Lawrence Seaway from there – this is such a beautiful city, we really like it here. I told you about the audiences yesterday – mad for it!! And if you are reading this hello to the Quebec Beaver club and yes l will be wearing your “Where Beavers Dare” T shirt for the gig!!

Got problems again with IT. Its wireless only but l can get on with a vodaphone G3 card. Can get on internet and open VPN but my Outlook which l use for emails just wont bloody well open so frustration again. So this and the photos may be a bit late though l am going to try and use a portable hard drive and get Gaddsy to send them. Here's hoping.

Enough for now. As no gig til tomorrow you wont hear from me til sometime Tues at the earliest.

- Rod

Quebec

QUEEC CITY OCT 10 - 12 NOON

Well l was right - what a gig. If any audience on the rest of the tour matches all our good friends in Quebec l will be surprised but delighted! Sold out a few days ago, the 10,500 capacity venue was rammed and rammed with the loudest Maiden fans on the planet. Everything worked today - on stage sound was good for the band, lights looked superb, band played really well, all production worked precisely - all ok as it should be after the three warm up shows (dont get me wrong, not that these warm up shows werent important, every show is, its just you have to start somewhere and iron out the gremlins a bit).

We arrived in Quebec from Philly at about 2am. l went to bed as work to do in the morning but all the band except H went out and had a good time at a local bar. l was up early and pretty well spent all day doing emails and the same the following day until going to the show at about 5. Its a very busy time for me with the album and tour doing so well - enjoy every minute of it though. Very exciting time.

The evening before the show Jan, Ian, Dick and Gaddsy went out for dinner and were walking to the restaurant when an unmarked police car pulled up having recognised Jan and being Maiden fans like most of this city l think. They got chatting and Ian asked them for a lift to the restaurant. They agreed but as they couldnt all fit in the the policeman called his policewoman wife to come and assist - which she did in a marked car!! Ian suggested they arrest Jan and cuff him and put him in the car. Just then a passing fan asked for Jan's autograph - Jan responded saying he was just being arrested, the fan just looked at him and said "well can you sign it before they handcuff you"!!! l will put pics up recording the Gers arrest. Anyway they got to the restaurant and apparently had a great meal after signing more autographs.

After the show last night we all ended up in the hotel with the Beavers - you may recall the "where beavers dare" T shirt l put up amongst the pics the other day. Basically the beavers are a Maiden loving club of about 50 great guys in their 20s who come to most of the Canadian shows and make a special T for the event - they print one each and some for me and the band, which l wear with pride. The shirt for this tour is brilliant as you will see when l get the pics - "these beavers dont run"!! They had all booked into the hotel and were all in the bar so we took a group shot with Dave, Steve, Jan and the beavers which they are sending me to post here. We all had a good laugh in the bar. Like most Maiden fans they were a great group of guys (and a gal!) and l spent most of the time chatting to them. They took pains not to be too enthusiastic and gave the band some space and l definitely respect that. Its cool spending time with fans but not if they get too much in your face and too pushy. They even bought me a beer or two - thanks fellas.

Anyway its diary and email time again after a good breakfast. We leave for Montreal about 3 - should be another great show tongiht. l believe its now sold out with about 13,500 more wonderful Quebecois - will they be as good as last night?? As that great man said "only time will tell"!!! See y'all later.

- Rod

Montreal

NEW YORK OCT 11 12 NOON

So yesterday we left the hotel at 2:30 to fly down to Montreal where we will do the show then fly straight off to New York to save having to travel on a day off tomorrow. Got to airport to find our plane had shrunk phenomenally - a different and very small jet but these are pretty short flights today so l guess Ian is trying to save us some money - either that or no-one else would take us! We couldnt get all the baggage in the hold so Nicko's golf clubs were blocking off the narrow aisle. It was an eight seater so Gaddsy had to sit on the toilet at the back - but at least he could move his arms and legs unlike some of us!!

Arrived in Montreal about 4.30 . l went off with Bruce and Adrian to do Musiqueplus, a big French speaking music show. They have about 120 fans in the studio and basically ask some questions, translate to French and play some of our videos. Went fine. Rest of band went off straight to venue to do a sound check - my God, Iron Maiden doing a sound check - a rare event so rare they wouldnt even let me take any pics. Usually our crew do it but the band are still not happy with onstage sound and overall sound so of course they want to make this (unusual and unrequired) effort. As soon as we had finished TV we rushed to venue so Bruce and H could join in the sound check. Worked out quite well as they got about 30 minutes all together. A lot of the kids at the tv studio wanted autographs but we just had to get out so we could sound check before doors opened at 6.30, so if you were one who was disappointed sorry about this but hope you understand - same for fans waiting outside venuw when we arrived.

Before the show EMI presented us with a gold disc for Canada - over 50,000 (in fact more like 70,000 now) in first 4 weeks - no. 2 in whole of canada BUT no. ONE in Quebec province!!! What can we say about fans like this - thanks and WE WILL RETURN. We always do - we have played Quebec every year for 4 years and Montreal 3 out of last 4. Always great.

Bell Centre is a massive and first rate venue and it was packed with 13,000 or so fans, Great reaction, excellent gig and out front sound was definitely improved. And when the band can hear themsleves properly on stage they can play much better of course. Everyone was really happy after the show and much more confident now. We feel we have turned the corner and all will be well now. It always does of course take a few shows to get it all going, we can now concentrate on the playing not worrying about whether they can hear everything or not and in Bruce's case tearing his throat up. He sang amazingly last night - it makes such a huge difference. Audience of course were brilliant - we are always sorry to leave Quebec province.

We get straight off stage into cars to head for airport so we can hopefully get to NY while customs are still open. The band change quickly in toilets at the airport - told you we were bona fide rock stars!! Onto plane, about an hour, some beers and of course red wine for Nick. Made customs and got to hotel about 1am. In NY there are different choices of hotels and Steve, Bruce and l are at the same one so went to the bar for a quiet beer before it closed at 2am . Long day - knackered - bed. Waiter at bar was Mexican and was at our last show in Mexico City and asked for autographs which they of course did, so his boss bought us all a beer. Friends everywhere!!!

More after Nassau. just work today but then meeting up with some friends and going to a Trivium NY show - will be good to see them again, good people. Rushing to finish this - gotta go with Bruce to do ABC News. Forgot, see ya.

Guardian ForAll said:
E puno hvala baš mi je bilo drago vidjet ovo... :banana:

ma nema na ćemu. ionak sve vrijeme ulažem u traženje netom, pa uvijek nađem nešto novo o maidenima, a da bude i korisno.
tako kad sam kupovao NOTB sam naišao na tu str da provjerim limited verziju koju sam kupio.

Iron Maiden's video for its forthcoming single "Different World" has been immediately added to MTV2 and will make its television debut on "T-Minus Rock" next Monday, October 16.

The show airs on MTV2 Monday through Friday at 11:00 a.m. The video will also be available for streaming on MTV2.com and via MTV wireless on Monday as well. The stunning animated video was directed by Howard Greenhalgh — best known for Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun".

In true Maiden style and to satisfy intense fan demand, a series of short action-packed clips from the video are being previewed via their website, www.ironmaiden.com, the week up to Sunday, October 15 when the full promotional clip will be exclusively revealed first to their fans before the worldwide premiere on Monday, October 16.

Iron Maiden have five dates remaining on their highly successful sold-out North American tour. The band will travel to Japan next, before heading to Europe to bring 'A Matter of Life and Death' to the rest of the world.

arijana1807 said:
pa mogla bi :) LOL

je, ali ipak brine za reputaciju, jer ima dosta ljudi kojima bi to smetalo. a iskreno mene boli briga jer je npr Janick, sir Janick ili samo Janick, on je za mene car :banana:

srce moje priznaj da je lijepo cut da metalci imaju titulu a sva ona pop sranja i druga mutava glazba moze lizat zemlju pod njima, osim elton johna-nevolim ga, nezna, zakaj je on dobio titulu
ljepše zvuci sir janick gers!
the Sirs Iron Maiden- svi im se trebaju klanjat!
8)

arijana1807 said:
srce moje priznaj da je lijepo cut da metalci imaju titulu a sva ona pop sranja i druga mutava glazba moze lizat zemlju pod njima, osim elton johna-nevolim ga, nezna, zakaj je on dobio titulu
ljepše zvuci sir janick gers!
the Sirs Iron Maiden- svi im se trebaju klanjat!
8)
dobio je titulu za ono sto je postigao, tj za ono sto mu 90% metal scene (bolje receno muzicara uopce) moze lizati zemlju pod njim.....

enivejz, volio bi doziviti dan da neko iz Floyda i Queena dobije tu titulu......

[cavrljanje o eltonu izbrisano]

Ajde sad nastavite s temom, a o eltonu, titulama, kraljici mozete negdje drugdje.

Back