zanimljivosti u vezi Maidena

Terry Butcher, former England captain, and current manager of Sydney FC, Australia has issued the following commentary to Classicrockmagazine.com:

"I first got into when I played for Ipswich Town in the 1980s. Paul Mariner, who was also at the club, was a huge fan and took me along to see them at the Gaumont in Ipswich. We had a private box, where we could consume lots of alcohol..."

Steve Harris has always been the driving force behind the band. He’s got such a single-minded focus and vision of what the band should sound like, and what they should be doing. He’s an amazing guy, and been so crucial in taking the band to their prominent place in metal. They’ve influenced so many others, and been responsible for some of the best music of the last two decades. You have to wonder where we’d all be without them – and where Maiden themselves would have been without Steve!

Steve also gave me the privilege of playing for the Iron Maiden football team on more than one occasion. He’s a huge football fan, as everyone knows, and there have been a few of us old pros who got the chance of being part of the Maiden set-up, thanks to him. I remember one match, when Steve paid for myself, Dave Watson (the former Sunderland and Manchester City defender) and Neil Webb (ex-Nottingham Forest/Manchester United) to go out to Italy, when Iron Maiden FC were playing against a team that included a few former Italian internationals. We won 6-1. And Steve also allowed me to fulfil one big ambition. In 1998, when Maiden released the Virtual XI album, there was a huge party at Steve’s house in Essex. Now, he’s got a full size football pitch there, and I played for Maiden that day. I got the chance to walk straight off the pitch, still in full strip, and right into his pub to have a pint – I’ve always wanted to do that. So, Steve, thanks for making an old player’s dream come true.

For me, Steve Harris is also one of the most down to earth guys around. Despite the success Maiden have had, he’s so unassuming – a lesson to others. Maiden remain my favourite band, and one of the big regrets I’ve got of now being based in Australia is that I’ll miss their UK tour in December. Hopefully, I’ll catch up with them over here in ’07."

Tonight (Friday 15th) on VH1 UK there will be a one hour special featuring IRON MAIDEN in Stockholm.

Starts at 11.00pm and will be repeated on Saturday and Sunday (check listings for times).
:)

The latest issue of the Decibel Magazine features a 10 page special on Iron Maiden. It includes quotes from band members and also from members of Unearth, Into Eternity, Trivium, Mastodon, In Flames, Cannibal Corpse and The Haunted discussing Maiden's influence on the modern extreme metal scene.

Read on for an excerpt.

Many thanks to DecibelMaiden for the head's up

"How Iron Maiden sidestepped American music martyrdom and salvaged heavy metal through its darkest times for future headbangers

Somewhere in the middle of the audience, nearly an hour into Iron Maiden's gig at Long Island's Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, a fan begins facing a large sign toward the band that reads: "PLAY CLASSICS." It's clear, the youth—or, in this case, the middle-aged rocker attempting to relive his glory years—are getting restless. In a break between songs, frontman Bruce Dickinson, as charismatic as he is short, spots the sign and beckons it to him. Their Pavlovian responses triggered, the thousands of fans separating the placard from their idols hand it to one another until it finally reaches the stage. Dickinson takes it and shreds it ritualistically. The audience cheers and Maiden charge into the next brand-new song. Play classics? Surely not a band as consistently progressive as Iron Maiden.

Nevertheless, Iron Maiden's current tour has proven challenging to some of their stalwart fans. There are so many anthems to choose from, it's easy to forget that, in order for those songs to have become classics, they had to make the tour circuit at some point. Rock radio never really supported Maiden in the States. Neither did MTV, other than on Headbangers Ball. And the mainstream music press mostly sought to demonize the faux devil worship of their early career.

Unlike Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and especially Metallica, who all received a modicum of attention from those outlets, Iron Maiden made their name through relentless touring and word-of-mouth—their legend was borne from the bleachers. Now, for the first time on any tour, they're playing every note, from start to finish, of their latest album, A Matter of Life and Death [Sanctuary]. It has taken them years, but by the turn of the century their brazen leadership earned them kudos from Rolling Stone as the "most influential English hard rockers of their generation." And they're risking fans both new and old.

After a critically stale slot on 2005's Ozzfest bill (the most vocal detractor being the self-proclaimed "real iron maiden," Sharon Osbourne) playing their '80s classics, the band members began complaining in the press that American "package" tours made it difficult for them to win new fans. With each member of Iron Maiden now middle-aged, and a lineup consisting of Dickinson, founding bassist Steve Harris, guitarists Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, and Janick Gers, along with drummer Nicko McBrain, they knew what they were talking about.

After Dickinson left the band to concentrate on his solo career in the mid-90s, Maiden released two albums with ex-Wolfsbane frontman Blaze Bailey. Despite standout tracks and hummable hooks, these albums failed to reach younger American fans interested in grunge and alt-rock. Now seven years after Dickinson rejoined the band, A Matter of Life and Death is Maiden's highest Billboard-charting album yet, debuting at No. 9. Resistance should be futile…

"The US is kind of a work in progress, really," says Dickinson. "We're still, let's face it, obviously a very big, obviously a very influential band. And it seems that people are rediscovering us with the new record. And fortunately, it's a complete reinvention, because the album is very different to anything we've done before. There's absolutely no attempt to pander toward the media expectations or commercial expectations. There's no attempt to have five-minute catchy songs, to have singles or anything else like that. It's Iron Maiden music, sort of taken to the nth degree."

Bassist Steve Harris, the group's de facto leader, agrees, unwavering in his pride. "If people come to the show and they don't know the album," he says, "they're gonna be in trouble. But I think it's fresh, and I think it's a challenge, and I think it's a challenge for the audience also. I think it's important to do things like that every now and again. Just mix things up and do something different."

On the night of the last show of Iron Maiden's ongoing World tour, MTV will air a special show featuring Brauce Dickinson's Bruceair Flight 666 from Oslo to Stockholm, as well as Slayer, Motörhead and more!

Nuclear Blast Germany reports:

Metal is back! With might. With MTV Special – Music Of The Beast screaming guitars will reign at MTV on December 23rd during a two hour metal special.

From 7:30 PM on, Markus Kavka will present clips of stars such as Slayer, Motörhead and Sepultura, as well as the youngsters Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium and Killswitch Engage...

As a highlight there will also be the visitors top 3 of the best metal videos of all times: from December 3rd until December 20th visitors will be able to choose their favourite clip at www.mtv.de/rockzone out of the following:

* 1. BLACK SABBATH - 'Paranoid'
* 2. BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE – 'Tears Don’t Fall'
* 3. MANOWAR – Gloves Of Metal
* 4. METALLICA – 'St. Anger'
* 5. SYSTEM OF A DOWN – 'Chop Suey'
* 6. TOOL – 'Sober'

Furthermore, MTV Special – Music Of The Beast has filmed BRUCE DICKINSON during his craziest fan-contest ever. The IRON MAIDEN singer is flying a couple of fans from Oslo to Stockholm to see a Maiden show there by his own!

This is real enthusiasm for the fans!

It will get really serious (?) when Metal-freak and journalist Simon Gosejohann tries to find out about real Metal clichés: Is it true that Metal fans are only drinking beer out of cans? And are Metal fans macho? Is headbanging the only thing they can do? Answers you will find on MTV Special – Music Of The Beast. "Wimps And Posers Leave The Hall! Metal Rules!"

MTV Special – Music Of The Beast: Saturday, December 23rd - 7:30 - 9:30 PM

Widely reputed as legendary, Iron Maiden's performance began at exactly two minutes to midnight. This was in celebration and promotion of their latest release, Powerslave, which featured the song 2 Minutes to Midnight. A widely known event occurred during the song "Revelations", when lead singer Bruce Dickinson, playing the guitar, threw his instrument up in the air, which proceeded to hit him on the forehead, opening a deep cut and soaking his face with blood. Dickinson went on as if nothing had happened. The British group was the only non-Brazilian act to play just one concert at the festival (at its opening night, headlined by Queen), since they were already booked for the days ahead and couldn't stay in Rio for longer. All the other international acts performed twice.

Bruce Dickinson is set to appear on the new live album "Execution - Live Reunion" by Tribuzy. The live show, which was recorded on November 11 and 12, in São Paulo, Brazil, will be released on CD with a DVD to follow. The album will feature special guest appearances from Ralf Scheepers, Mat Sinner,
Kiko Loureiro, Chris Dale, Roy Z and Roland Grapow and our own Bruce Dickinson. The album features eleven tracks, including "The Means",
released in Asia as a bonus track from the album "Execution".
"Execution - Live Reunion" is scheduled for release January 2007 in South America and Asia and March 2007 in Europe, Canada, US and
Australia.

Maiden croatia said:
http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

meni jako zanimljiva stranica, obožavam akustične maidene...

ali ima tu još dosta toga za popravljat, ali to sam već rekao.
hvale vrijedan pokušaj

Locomotive Records has set a January 30 North American release date for "The History of Fear", an unauthorized biographical documentary DVD of Iron Maiden.

The DVD starts in the 1975 East London neighborhood where the band originated. After hitting the skids with local acts Gypsy's Kiss and Smiler, bassist Steve Harris knew he had to take that next step and transcend his working-man existence. What he and his Maiden bandmates have accomplished in the years since is no less than staggering: 14 studio albums, four "best-of" compilations, nine live albums and four boxed sets — a mammoth 70 million records sold. Complete with interviews, behind-the-scenes footage, extensive discography and digital fan quiz, this is the Iron Maiden story.

To pre-order "The History of Fear", visit Amazon.com.

According to a story on gamesarefun.com, The Trooper will feature in the XBox 360 version of Guitar Hero 2 as a downloadable extra.

Read on for the article

Guitar Hero fans anxiously waiting for the 360 version of GH II will be happy to hear that it will include at least 10 exclusive songs not found in last year's PS2 version, with more on the way via XBL Marketplace downloads.

Today, Red Octane revealed five of the ten new songs:

Alice Cooper - "Billion Dollar Babies"
My Chemical Romance - "Dead!"
Deep Purple - "Hush"
Pearl Jam - "Life Wasted"
Rick Derringer - "Rock N Roll Hoochie Koo"

Team Xbox is also reporting on three more songs that will be in the game but have not been officially announced:

Iron Maiden - "The Trooper"
Rancid - "Salvation"
The Toadies - "Possum Kingdom"

Yep, it looks like Red Octane was finally able to get the license to use an Iron Maiden song. That's something they had been trying to do for awhile, as Ted Lange (Guitar Hero II's associate producer) stated in our interview with him back in October, so it's good to see they're having more success now.

Sources: Gamesarefun.com

Canada's Dose.ca recently conducted an interview with Bullet For My Valentine drummer Michael "Moose" Thomas. In it he talks about opening for Maiden on the US leg of the tour:

"I wish the crowds could have been a bit nicer to us — especially in Quebec City. They weren't very nice … It's not very nice when you're trying to do a set and, all through it, 15,000 MAIDEN fans are chanting for MAIDEN to come on. [But] you've got to laugh. You can't be upset for a long time."

Long and short of it is that many Maiden fans don't want to see bands like Bullet For My Vallentine, they want to see bands like Judas Priest.
I know Maiden want to build a nice pot of money to retire on and want to build the fan base by touring with "nu metal band of the moment a-z" but it seems to me that the majority of the people who go to these gigs are Maiden fans already and this kind of band aren't going to eep us happy.

Watching the six members of Iron Maiden on stage, it's hard to believe that are all are swiftly approaching their 50th birthdays (except one, who's already passed the landmark). But appearances bely the facts as one of the world's most successful heavy metal bands continues to record and perform with the vigor of men half their age.

Late 2006 has seen Maiden promoting their latest album "A Matter Of Life And Death", culminating in a sold-out arena tour of Europe and the U.K. Alternating between galloping bombast and subtle acoustic sections, heads-down metal and quiet reflective pieces — all with Bruce Dickinson's infamous "air raid siren" vocals over the top — accurately reinforcing the band's live sound is a major challenge for any system. But with XTA on board, the band's passionate fans can fully enjoy the diverse range of Maiden's sonic spectrum....

Read on for the rest of the article...

Supplied by ML Executives, the band is touring with an EAW KF760/761 line array, featuring six XTA DP226s, four GQ600 dual 30-band graphic EQs and AudioCore control software. The PA comprises main left/right arrays with further arrays flown outside each of the main hangs to ensure adequately wide sound coverage. These are complemented by SB1000 subs, KF300 infills and Turbosound TMS-3 ground rows.

FoH engineer Doug Hall has been working with Iron Maiden since the early 1980s. "There are few venues we haven't played multiple times, so the rooms are all pretty predictable in that respect," he says. "We've got one GQ600 on the main drops, another on the hard left/right drops and a third on the TMS-3s, just for tweaks and fine tuning."

The fourth GQ600 is running as twin mono units. "One channel is on Bruce's lead vocals, just to get the gain really up there," Doug continues. "The other is on the KF300s, which we're just running vocals through. But I only ever have to make a couple of tweaks. Mike Hackman voices the rig with AudioCore, he's the line array wizard!"

"One XTA DP226 covers each of the four main PA hangs," adds system tech Hackman. "We're running low mid/high on the KF760s and mid/high on the KF761s, with separate EQ on the front end. We've got the same low band running through all the boxes, which means that on the second input channel we can EQ the 760s and 761s individually.

"Doug runs the subs on a mono aux, so that's run through another DP226, together with the KF300s," Mike continues. "While the last is on the TMS-3s, which are only pushing the sound back 30 feet or so, just to catch the front rows."

Everything is controlled via a wireless PC and Audiocore and Mike is happy to admit his enthusiasm for XTA products, the combination of great sound and ease of use meaning that the EQ and time alignment of the system is both fast and intuitive.

"The combination of the EAW line array, the Lab Gruppen amps, the DP226s and AudioCore works really nicely," he says. "AudioCore is the best software to work with and the 226s are very easy to use, either from the front panel or with the software. If you want to just turn a pot, you can.

"The functions in AudioCore are superb," he continues. "When I'm setting the system up it's really easy to just concentrate on one part of the rig and then copy everything over to the rest of it. That gives me a really good starting point for the rig as a whole. It's great, I love the XTAs. They're easy to work with and they sound really transparent."

"Anything you plug into the DP226s is going to sound better," adds Doug Hall. "And the GQ600s work really well, the high frequency trim is a really nice feature. They work just perfectly."

upravo sam cuo da je nicko jednom imao nezgodu tj automobilsku nesrecu te da je udario u čovjeka...ne vjerujem ali mozda vi vise znate

Pilgrim said:
upravo sam cuo da je nicko jednom imao nezgodu tj automobilsku nesrecu te da je udario u čovjeka...ne vjerujem ali mozda vi vise znate
vjerovao ili ne, istina je, doduse, udario covjeka na parkingu, mislim za vrijeme Death on the road turneje......

Snake said:
vjerovao ili ne, istina je, doduse, udario covjeka na parkingu, mislim za vrijeme Death on the road turneje......

Da, imao je problema sa parkingom jer mu navodno čuvar nije dopustio da se parkira na V.I.P. parking jer mu nije vjerovao da je bubnjar poznate metal grupe iron maiden, a ovaj ga je uvjeravao i uvjeravao sve dok nisu popustili živci i onda je dao malo gasa ˝zgazivši˝ ga.Čovjek je ipak u godinama i živci nisu više kao prije, a pošto je bubnjar nadam se da nije prejako stisnuo gas. :D

*Wratchild* said:
Da, imao je problema sa parkingom jer mu navodno čuvar nije dopustio da se parkira na V.I.P. parking jer mu nije vjerovao da je bubnjar poznate metal grupe iron maiden, a ovaj ga je uvjeravao i uvjeravao sve dok nisu popustili živci i onda je dao malo gasa ˝zgazivši˝ ga.Čovjek je ipak u godinama i živci nisu više kao prije, a pošto je bubnjar nadam se da nije prejako stisnuo gas. :D

LOL LOL LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back