Why Maiden?

Hi all. My first post :)

It was over 20 years ago when we moved to new neighbourhood and first
friend I hook up with pushed me three LPs to listen; some LP from GirlSchool , Destroyer from KISS and The Number Of The Beast.
I was 10 years old or so and have never listened anything out of my
parents LP shelf. When The Prisoner opened up I was on ecstasy,
I turned volume up big time, opened ours flat door so that hole building
could hear what I hear LOL
I recall drawing hundreds of Eddies on my every frikin school book :trooper:
Nevermind KISS and GirlSchool 8) but Maiden ROCKS still :headbang:

ThePrizoner said:
Hi all. My first post :)

It was over 20 years ago when we moved to new neighbourhood and first
friend I hook up with pushed me three LPs to listen; some LP from GirlSchool , Destroyer from KISS and The Number Of The Beast.
I was 10 years old or so and have never listened anything out of my
parents LP shelf. When The Prisoner opened up I was on ecstasy,
I turned volume up big time, opened ours flat door so that hole building
could hear what I hear LOL
I recall drawing hundreds of Eddies on my every frikin school book :trooper:
Nevermind KISS and GirlSchool 8) but Maiden ROCKS still :headbang:

great post man and welcome on this board :headbang:

Thanks mates !

By the way I have The Prisoner in my cellphone as a ringtone with
the opening speech and all. Its kinda funny when my cellphone
starts yelling WE WANT INFORMATION LOL

ThePrizoner said:
Thanks mates !

starts yelling WE NEED INFORMATION LOL

Welcome to ThePrizoner :fist:

ThePrizoner said:
Thanks mates !

starts yelling WE WANT INFORMATION LOL
hahaha LOL i have that ringtone too!

For me the reasons i listen to Maiden are many. I first discovered them when i was only about nine years old and they blew me away :shock: I had never heard anything like them before and from that moment i know i would follow them for a long long time.

I love the musicianship, i love the quality of the song writing, i love the commitment of the band and i love the way it takes me back to my youth.

So i guess those are the main reasons :)

I first started listening to Iron Maiden when I was about 17. I was astonished by the quality of the guitar solo's and the songs.

I never get tired of listening to the great stuff such as "Stranger in a strange land", but the brilliance of Iron Maiden in shown in the fact that they keep producing good stuff.

I thought Dance of Death rocked, and then I heard A matter of life and death....superb.

Personally speaking, I just hope Maiden never retire...

In the late 1970s I was heavily into punk, as were all my friends. I'd heard a couple of Rock tracks from the likes of Deep Purple and Black Sabbath and I thought they were OK but not enough to really convert me. I was at some guys house (friend of a friend) in 1980 and he put the first Iron Maiden album on and as those opening chords of 'Prowler' rang out I started thinking, 'Hey, this is really good!'. The longer the track went on, the more I was impressed but that was nothing compared to when the solo started. To this day I remember the tingle that ran down my spine when I first heard that solo. Jesus these guys could play and what an incredible instrument a guitar was. That was a turning point in my life. All of a sudden I realised that the vast majority of musicians in punk bands were completely talentless in comparison to Maiden and I wanted to hear more of this incredible sound. All my punk gear was sold and I donned denim and leather. I've never looked back. I still love that first Iron Maiden album and 'Prowler' still has a special place in my heart. I saw Maiden live for the first time in 1981 on the Killer world tour and it remains one of the best shows I've ever seen. Over the years my musical tastes have expanded a little, especially since I started playing the guitar myself, but I have remained a Metalhead at heart ever since that fateful day.

My friend first played maiden to me but i was just like blaaah i not listening but then i downloaded run to the hills and trooper just to show my friend and i was like cool sound when i listened deeply without maiden im nothing! :D

I think that I am listening to Iron Maiden all my life :D
My dad was a huge heavy- metal fan, especially Iron Maiden- it was his number 1 when he was young, so when I was a little girl and also when I was a VERY llittle girl my parents turned on Iron Maiden's tapes and often I fell asleep with Afraid to shoot strangers (Btw, it is still my fav song!) :) So, I am a dad's daughter :D

UP THE IRONS! :edmetal:

saw the video for women in uniform and lost my friken mind...
Had to go order it at an import store...yes kiddies no internet back then...
Bought notb day it came out without even hearing it....
When I heard bruce start singing, the first scream f*cked me up so bad I'm sure my life changed forever...

about 4 years ago when i was 14 i spontaneously bought FOD from my local music shop
wasnt until about a year later when my mate got RIR that we really got into maiden tho

grew up with music, but never really got into a band

about 6 years ago? I started learning the guitar and I was watching some music channels (my sis was into all teh new rock stuffs) and Number of the Beast came on.

Brought the greatest hits, dance of death and the first album

Never looked back :banana:

Friend brought me Best of the Beast album, I liked it and downloaded first individual songs then whole albums (now I have Number of the Beast, Peace of Mind, Killers, and Powerslave too).

Back