The Member Diary

Re:

Ben said:
just thought i'd make a post explaining my whereabouts as I've not been posting much lately!

i found out i'm going to be losing my job in february next year, i work in a warehouse as a picker, picking stock for the other teams of the store to work. anyway, theyre doing away with the picking, so all the stock up there will be delivery. saves them money, but at the same time, jobs will be cut. mine included. :(

i'm quite happy as i've wanted out of there for a while now, i had alot of overtime which was cut recentley, so i'm down to part-time contract hours (which at this time of year as you can imagine is REALLY crap :| kinda glad i started my christmas shopping earlier this year, as i could see it coming).

so, i've been down the jobcentre alot, started over with my CV, which is now alot more full and i've been applying for jobs left, right and center! i think i've got plenty of time to find one in the 2 months i've got..just seems a bit tricky :|

while it has got me down as i REALLY dont want to be unemployed, and i'm worried i might be, i think if i keep my head up and keep my eye out for jobs, keep applying etc, i'll eventually get an interview :) some of you probably know, i want to work in a hospital/or in some form of care, so i've been applying for hospital jobs - online applications only, meh, but its better than doing nothing :|

if anyones got any tips for me on finding jobs etc, i'd be really greatful! :)

Ben, let us know what's happening, have you got something lined up, it's about now your job was due to come to an end, any news? :?

rockin_plumber said:
Walking to town today I saw this sign that said...........
"Pavement ahead closed. Please use other side"

It made me cross. :x :x :x :x :x
LOL LOL LOL

I've had a bit of a manic week :( Luke hurt himself lifting his amp last weekend (he knows he shouldn't lift it on his own too :roll: ....he's got a hernia :( we've all had a really bad cold,swollen glands, sore throat,the works :|

Lets hope next week is a bit better!

Well folks, since starting me new job at the end of October last year things have been pretty manic. There's always a period of 6-8 weeks as you're finding your feet in a new organisation. Well I've been there about 4 months now and i certainly should know who does what, when we do this or that and how we should be doing it all. However; this time it just doesn't seem to have gone that way

The whole thing seems like its running on a razors edge, balancing on ledge ( LOL...... :cry: ) and it's very stressful indeed. There are three of us in the organisation doing the job we do and we're spread across the country (Bristol, Manchester and Warrington)so it's really difficult to keep up with each other. The other issue is we seem to be the whipping boy, if someone want's something done, we get it, if extra reports need to be run, we get it, if something is really urgent and business critical, we have to deal with it....etc....etc..

I have been starting work before 6am most mornings for the last 6 weeks or so, normally finishing if I'm lucky by 6pm and then end up doing work at home foe an hour or so. The real issue is we just don't have the resources to do all the different jobs we are being asked to do and it worries me quite a bit.

Its the first time in ages I have felt close to saying "You know what, if you want this done so much, you fuckin do it, i'm off...." not so easy to do that in the current economic climate. And as i'm working on a government contract it's probably more secure than private industry work at the moment.

I'm stressed, depressed and really worn out......I am keeping my eyes open for other jobs but a lot of them seem to be London based or need a higher level of 'clearance' :err: than I currently hold. So its a bit of a no win situation at the moment, Miss_Bocky is a bit worried about me I think, and I don't like that at all.

Still, no point moaning about it, I've got some plans and ideas so fingers crossed I can work something out :)

Always look on the bright side :D

If it helps Im pissed off at work at the mo as well mate :|

My boss is a C*N*

Were on a 4 day week at the moment.....
Fair enuff to keep the work going....
Unless ur the boss's blue eyed boy... then you get 5 days :x
He doesnt normally give us more than 48 hours notice were on 4 days that week either :x
When I ask he says I will tell you tomoro (C*N*) :x :x :x

And today I find out the blue eyed boy was in Friday again........
Commisioning an LPG installation.......
And he doesn't even have the fukin relevent CORGI qualification to do it :|

I do...... So it SHOULD have been me doing the job on Friday when I was sat at home NOT GETTING PAID :|

I have to go and do my refresher course on Wednesday......
Maybe he should send him to do it instead :|
Either that or fail it on purpose then he can't do any LPG :evil:
Things may get said tomoro morning if Im in a shit mood :|
If not I will stew all day and that aint good :|

Very frustrating rockin, especially when you want to work but your stuck at home cos some knob end is calling the shots.

Bit like you matey, I don't mind working hard as long as I get a thank you for it and get paid what the job is worth.

We'll just have to keep at it matey and hope we get some reward and recognition for it.

rockin_plumber said:
miss_rockin said I'm too immature and if I don't grow up it's gonna erect a barrier between us.

LOL LOL LOL she said erect.

erect :err:
LOL LOL :banana: LOL LOL :bananabang: LOL LOL

Had a lovely day :banana:
I let Jake have the day off school today :err: 2 reasons....he had a school sports thing to go to in Exeter and was going to be running around outside all day, the heat got to him on sunday, I didn't want him getting heatstroke!..... and it was so lovely I wanted him to be able to enjoy the pool! we've been in it nearly all day :banana:

I look like a prune now though LOL

i was in a shop today for an inventory and i saw a man with a red tshirt with AIG on the front and rooney on the back

i said *damned* and told :

"you can't imagine when i will tell that that rocky :( "

and let me tell you rocky: each time i passed near him, i told :

"hey man, are you walking alone ? " LOL LOL

i think he hates me now LOL

Frenchy said:
i was in a shop today for an inventory and i saw a man with a red tshirt with AIG on the front and rooney on the back

i said *damned* and told :

"you can't imagine when i will tell that that rocky :( "

and let me tell you rocky: each time i passed near him, i told :

"hey man, are you walking alone ? " LOL LOL

i think he hates me now LOL

LOL LOL LOL Legend Frenchy

Me and Luke are going to see Harry Potter today :D Before the kids break up,so will be nice and quiet :banana:

I picked little_rockin up from his friends tonight and beeped the horn by mistake. :oops:

He turned and looked at me for an explanation. :err:

I said, "Ooops, I did that by accident." :D

He replied, "I know that, Daddy." :)

I replied, "How did you know?" :?

He said, "Because you didn't say wanker afterwards." :shock: :shock: :shock:

rockin_plumber said:
I picked little_rockin up from his friends tonight and beeped the horn by mistake. :oops:

:shock: ....... LOL LOL LOL

rockin_plumber said:

LMAO! LOL LOL it does seem to be one of your favourite words! LOL

yesterday, i went in a town called Gasny, and this town is twinned with Castle Donington 8) 8)

but as Formula one, i met some tractors :(

Back