The Formula One Thread

:shock:

Jaguar will disappear from F1 at the end of the season after Ford announced they were putting the team up for sale.

Ford have also put engine supplier Cosworth on the market, raising questions over the future of Minardi and Jordan too.

wicker nomad said:
:shock:

Jaguar will disappear from F1 at the end of the season after Ford announced they were putting the team up for sale.

Ford have also put engine supplier Cosworth on the market, raising questions over the future of Minardi and Jordan too.
somebody will buy them. after all f1 is the best advertising a car company can do.

Bernie Ecclestone has refused to rule out making the leading teams run three cars next season.

Ecclestone is determined to ensure Ford’s decision to sell off Jaguar and Cosworth will not affect the size of the F1 field.

He said: "I'm sorry that it's happened because we don't need to lose the Ford Motor Company, but there could be an upside.

"There are provisions for the teams to run three cars and that would perhaps give us 20 competitive cars on the grid next season."

Ecclestone added: “I would rather see three Ferraris, McLarens or Williams running at the front than a Jaguar fighting it out with Jordan and Minardi."

The F1 supremo said he was not surprised by Ford’s decision to pull the plug.

He said: "It was inevitable and it wasn't really a shock to me.

"They couldn't afford to run around at the back of the grid and in my opinion shouldn't have run this year at all."

schummi failed
but still ferrari won
so we could rephrase the famous gary lineker sentance to sound like this: formula one is a sport where 20 cars race around the circuit and the winner is always ferrari

MaidenMadness said:
schummi failed
but still ferrari won
so we could rephrase the famous gary lineker sentance to sound like this: formula one is a sport where 20 cars race around the circuit and the winner is always ferrari

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Well Said

Happy with a lowly 3rd do you think :?

31275_2.jpg

Back