Revision of membership

babyzak said:
I was a member of the MP3 hub before it broke off into this Lossless hub (This was when Maniac618 ran the Hub).

It was Maiden hub with both lossless and mp3. :)

babyzak said:
When this hub started chat was a Blaze ( Not Bayley :D ) all the time ,even during tour breaks. I flet like a "family" everyone here for a common love Maiden and GOOD Music, and everyone did what they could to help the cause

It's normal that we got little bit bored with bootlegs and trading.

babyzak said:
I would say that maybe for the next couple weeks , anyone who has been InActive for a while,has to Reactivate there membership with BoBo.
Block access and have them PM about Re Entering.Just Like when Hub was started. Im not saying don't let them in, just review there contributions and there devotion to the HUB

I had similar idea in my mind last few days. Not only me to decide, but group of 5-6 hub members.

babyzak said:
Like I said earlier there are 30-35 who always give, and Im not talking about Stuff ( which is always good :) ), but give there TIME and EFFORT
24/7 and don't ask fo much back expect the other people to do the same

smiley32.gif

I will form a group that will make decissions about membership in the hub. Secret of course. So you can't influence their decisions. ;) :p

Hi all,

Just got back to the hub after quite a long break, and saw this topic on Maiden World. Well, I don't know if I have the right to say anything here ? I have not been contributing so much, even if I tried to find new Maiden stuff to bring. It is not as easy as it seems as so much has been shared yet. Not sure I will have much free time to spend on the hub in the next few monthes neither, but hopefully I'll have some and I'll do my best to chat more often...

I will be looking for you decision anyway.

Cheers to all. And by the way, completetly off topic, but I hope to meet some of you guys in Paris and/or Barcelona !

Off topic again : I saw Ead666 called me a "french legend". That was worth coming back to the hub LOL

Almost 100 members and only 20% of them have posted in this topic.

Group has been formed and we will make decissions next few days. Members of the group are long term hub members. It's easier for them to give advices about everyone becasue they are here from begining. Another reason is that I can contact them almost every day in the hub.

I'll just add my 2p.

I'm personally not trading anywhere near as acitvely as I used to. Mainly cause I got a new job a couple of months ago, which involves a fair bit of traveling.

Even if I were trading as much as I used to,I would probably find it hard to bring "new" Maiden stuff into the hub, since virtually everything is or has been shared before. Plus noone seems to like the other bands I'm into - I might be getting old ;-)

Anyway, I will await your decision with anticipation. I am confident Bobo and the others will do what's best for the hub, and that must be the important thing.

Still, I hope my previous contribution counts for something, especially when I - along with others - vigorously fought the mp3 war :)

GreenStreet said:
Still, I hope my previous contribution counts for something, especially when I - along with others - vigorously fought the mp3 war :)

If you check my posts you will see I wrote about you and some others from early days. :)

Well, I've been away since i moved home, and don't have a Internet that works properly (to tell the truth, i was using dial-up for a year), and i just got myself a good internet now.

It's Ok to do a "cleaning" at the members of the Hub, but the solution of how "score" each is very difficult.

Solutions:
- Ratio: I do not think it's a good idea. Taking me as an (bad) example, my internet conncetion is a 1Mb/128Kb, so, to have a 1:1 ratio is very difficult to me, as i cannot leave my computer on 24/7/365.
- Number of releses: It's good to see who is contributing more, but we all know that this ppl release it, someone that have the fastest upload speed will be the "seeder", as everybody will wants to donwload from the fastest one.
- Talking at the main chat: really, i do not talk a lot as i turn on my computer when i leave to work, and when i get back i need to use it to study to my MBA degree.

I think that 2 things that could be implemented are:
- A minimum amount of Gb shared. I do not think that share 5 Gb, 10 Gb, or even 20 Gb is a big issue for everybody.
- Everything downloaded on the HUB should be shared for at least 3 moths or more. But this one will add too many effort to control it, but, as a community we need to trust each other. It's not difficult to see that once a gig is released too many ppl download it, but when you do a search, only the same 3 or 4 ppl still have it shared.

To end, i think that it's a good idea to do this cleaning, it will make the hub healthier. And that's the opinion of someone who's not one of the most active members.

Aces said:
Well, I've been away since i moved home, and don't have a Internet that works properly (to tell the truth, i was using dial-up for a year), and i just got myself a good internet now..

Welcome Back :D

Aces said:
- Everything downloaded on the HUB should be shared for at least 3 moths or more. But this one will add too many effort to control it, but, as a community we need to trust each other. It's not difficult to see that once a gig is released too many ppl download it, but when you do a search, only the same 3 or 4 ppl still have it shared..

Thats a good idea but may not be pratical..some people have limited HD space. I think that 2 weeks is good to be shared then it should be available if someone ask for it to be shared. What i do is leave the folder stating what it is and leave a message PM if needed to be shared.That way people know I have it but its not taking up space. I feel every member who is NOT SHARING SOMETHING NEW should share at least 1 item thats requested.

PS What your Hub Screen Name?

Great discussion and the timing, of course, is perfect.

I have been away for a while and I consider myself guilty as not contributing as much as I could.

I mean, 7 total items maybe is not completely lame, but not that good either... I used to help more with sharing stuff as well, but right now my internet connection is not as good as 1 year ago.

Anyway, I will completely understand if I "don´t make the cut", so to speak.

But given the chance I´m willing to contribute more, making some new dvds transfering from some VHS tapes I recently got in a new trade here in Brazil.

Cheers!

i dont think that ammount of GB would work
its too easy to leech 20GB and then keep it shared forever the same shows

number of releases is the most important thing IMHO, there are some guys that dont share anything since the begining of 2004, 2 years without sharing anything is pretty bad

for example:
last time i shared a maiden bootleg was 10/09/2004, quite long time, but thats 'cause i stopped trading maiden and CDs... but since that i shared many other bands audio/dvds, its not a big deal to ask in the main chat if anyone is interested in band X or Y to contribute a little bit..

danmaiden said:
number of releases is the most important thing IMHO, there are some guys that dont share anything since the begining of 2004, 2 years without sharing anything is pretty bad..

I TOTALLY AGREE ..I Dont understand how you cant bring ANYTHING to the hub..The Hub is almost 3 years old and some people bring nothing in 3 years??? :? I think this is one of the Problems BoBo will be taking care of..

danmaiden said:
. but since that i shared many other bands audio/dvds, its not a big deal to ask in the main chat if anyone is interested in band X or Y to contribute a little bit..

Again I Totally agree, your quite smart you know that :D , My Share has MANY bands that people may like I add a least 2 a month ,Most I don't list because it woul make the list too long and then BoBo get s mad
But I always Leave a mention in main chat.

If EVERYONE did a LITTLE more we wouldnot have this BIG Problem

The number of GB shared means nothing. Take a look at the hub right now and you will see some really big shares but which are only stuff shared by others hubbers before, with nothing new ....

Like Dan and BabyZak mentionned it, the most important thing is to know which hubbers do things for the hub, bring to to the hub, and which ones are here mainly for leeching, and don't care about looking for new stuff for the hub.

Once again, i read that some hubbers argue that the hub has everything and that nothing new can be found ...
Please, stop with this because it is totally wrong ... and a quite bad excuse to not take the time to look for new stuff. I mean, the hub is not a supermarket where you come from time to time to take only things you need and then disappear for months 'till you need again new stuff..
The hub is (and always been) a place where people worked hard to share new stuff, rare stuff, new hub releases (DVD etc...), to talk and share ideas and point of view on main chat, to learn technical things(thanx to Bobo and Gebs !).
There are plenty of other Maiden audio bootlegs and DVD out there ..
So please, stop telling that the hub has everything and so that nothing new can be brang ... Just take the time and open your eyes ... That is what the hub was made for .. and not for staying sit on your chair waiting for that other work for you ..
The purpose is not that each hubber shares hundred of new stuff, but that, at least, takes really part of the hub rather than to be like a ghost..
Sharing few stuff from time to time, talk on main chat, writing reviews, making covers, bringing new ideas for the hub, etc....

Indeed BabyZak, i don't understand that in 3 years, some hubbers have shared 0 (or maybe 1 or 2) bootlegs on the hub .... but took the time the get almost all the stuff shared on the hub ....

If you look at the forums on IMOC or MAIDEN FAN UNITED some of the people bring more to the Chat Forums then some Hub members bring to OUR Hub :( They bring Cover art, Magazine interviews, links to COOL sites, Links to YOURTUBE videos, helpful advise, There is a lot of EFFORT by some these forum Chatters..this effort is Needed in the HUB..and its needed NOW.

babyzak said:
If you look at the forums on IMOC or MAIDEN FAN UNITED some of the people bring more to the Chat Forums then some Hub members bring to OUR Hub :( They bring Cover art, Magazine interviews, links to COOL sites, Links to YOURTUBE videos, helpful advise, There is a lot of EFFORT by some these forum Chatters..this effort is Needed in the HUB..and its needed NOW.

AMEN to that Zak ! I totally agree with you ..
Ryan works a lot to collect and confirm all Maiden dates, collect tickets gigs etc...
Deathbather created a thread about best Maiden DVD versions, in which i work too. These were very good initiatives that could be brang to the hub too .
Bobo and some of us have shown the way in the past by showing what kind of things could be done for the hub : sharing dvd/audio, writing reviews on MWL, making covers .... but unfortunately, initiatives from other hubbers are quite rare...

ead666 said:
The number of GB shared means nothing. Take a look at the hub right now and you will see some really big shares but which are only stuff shared by others hubbers before, with nothing new ....

Like Dan and BabyZak mentionned it, the most important thing is to know which hubbers do things for the hub, bring to to the hub, and which ones are here mainly for leeching, and don't care about looking for new stuff for the hub.

Once again, i read that some hubbers argue that the hub has everything and that nothing new can be found ...
Please, stop with this because it is totally wrong ... and a quite bad excuse to not take the time to look for new stuff. I mean, the hub is not a supermarket where you come from time to time to take only things you need and then disappear for months 'till you need again new stuff..
The hub is (and always been) a place where people worked hard to share new stuff, rare stuff, new hub releases (DVD etc...), to talk and share ideas and point of view on main chat, to learn technical things(thanx to Bobo and Gebs !).
There are plenty of other Maiden audio bootlegs and DVD out there ..
So please, stop telling that the hub has everything and so that nothing new can be brang ... Just take the time and open your eyes ... That is what the hub was made for .. and not for staying sit on your chair waiting for that other work for you ..
The purpose is not that each hubber shares hundred of new stuff, but that, at least, takes really part of the hub rather than to be like a ghost..
Sharing few stuff from time to time, talk on main chat, writing reviews, making covers, bringing new ideas for the hub, etc....

Indeed BabyZak, i don't understand that in 3 years, some hubbers have shared 0 (or maybe 1 or 2) bootlegs on the hub .... but took the time the get almost all the stuff shared on the hub ....

Seb said it all here, I totally agree. There is always upgrades, new sources, different versions, etc available. You just need to find them. In some cases it's very easy to find, for example in Dime can found tapers realeses of uncirculated or new sourced shows. Take it from Dime and share it in hub (everybody can't dl things from dime) > easy way to contribute, just for one example.

I agree bringing new stuff to the hub is most important. As i speak for myself i am now a member of the hub for a year or so.. I brought not very much (5 releases till now) into the hub but also haven't got equal time as members which are member since the beginning.

Also the last 3-4 months i did not have found for trading, I moved to a new house and was on vacation for a month, and i had to finish a study in the evening hours. But now all is over and i will start trading again.

Now that the new tour begins i will have a chance to bring more new stuff into the hub, and i will try to tape den bosch also.

I do have a big share, and i do share stuff that has been released before that nobody has in it's share.. i know it's not important, but i do upload all the time and bought 3 extra harddisks since i'm member of this hub.

I will respect the disiscion that will be made about the membership

I can see your worries here. And I understand it's not the best situation.
But I can only speak for myself: You guys all know I used to spend a lot of time on the hub when I still had the time.
Right now my life is way to busy to be there all day, hanging out with you guys. I don't think I actually qualify as "leecher", as I hardly have the time to come to the hub at all ;) But I'd find it kinda sad to have my account suspended.
And I'm not sure if it makes the hub more lively when you kick out all the non-active members. Just my two pennies.

bean1234 said:
As i speak for myself i am now a member of the hub for a year or so.. I brought not very much (5 releases till now) into the hub but also haven't got equal time as members which are member since the beginning.

5 Releases in a year ..that not bad :) We have members that have been here longer and shared much less.

bean1234 said:
Now that the new tour begins i will have a chance to bring more new stuff into the hub, and i will try to tape den bosch also.

Your making an effort, and you have a plan of what will help the hub
:)

bean1234 said:
I do have a big share, and i do share stuff that has been released before that nobody has in it's share.. i know it's not important, but i do upload all the time \

Your sharing alot in your share, your sharing requests, youtr bring what you can into the hub .

I think your doing a good job IMO :banana:

As long as you always try to do a Little better ..The hub Will always get better

Back