Revision of membership

BoBo

Active Member
danmaiden said:
as bob said
its too difficult to define what is really "contributing" or not
someone that has shared 3 "special ultra rare" dvds or 2 or 3 master recordings could think he has done too much already for the hub sharing that.. and if you say "you wont come here anymore" the person will get insulted and bash the hub for everyone.. and thats bad

a share ratio would be ok, but 1 master in 2 months would be the same as 1 "traded" dvd in 2 months? need to think about it
It's hard to establish some rules and I don't want to do it. Everyone is in plus as member of the hub because everyone has downloaded few times more then uploaded.

If I have some ~80 Maiden releases which include masters, DVD editing, trades I think I have done a lot. I didn't trade last 6 months because MaidenEssex is on trading break. I could say easily say that I have done enough and I should just wait until someone else brings stuff, but I don't want to do it. When MaidenEssex starts to trade again I will continue to do one trade every month or two and bring the rarest stuff to the hub.
 

danmaiden

Member
BoBo said:
It's hard to establish some rules and I don't want to do it. Everyone is in plus as member of the hub because everyone has downloaded few times more then uploaded.

If I have some ~80 Maiden releases which include masters, DVD editing, trades I think I have done a lot. I didn't trade last 6 months because MaidenEssex is on trading break. I could say easily say that I have done enough and I should just wait until someone else brings stuff, but I don't want to do it. When MaidenEssex starts to trade again I will continue to do one trade every month or two and bring the rarest stuff to the hub.
i know what you mean
i think that you, as the hub "owner", only put guys there that are supposed to never think that theyve done "too much" or "enough".. but it seems its not working like that
 

BoBo

Active Member
No. Means there wil lbe no specific rules, but people should think how much do they do. If they don't want to change then it's time for good bye.

Maybe we can establish "great council" (LOL) that will decide for each case.
 

ead666

Member
BoBo said:
No. Means there wil lbe no specific rules, but people should think how much do they do. If they don't want to change then it's time for good bye.

Maybe we can establish "great council" (LOL) that will decide for each case.
LOL "great council" sounds good to my ears LOL

What do you mean by "It's time for goodbye" ?
 

Paule

New Member
Hi,

Just in case you are wondering:
I've been offline for a long time and that Im back online now has nothing to do with this topic. I have seen it after loggin in to hub.
The reason why I have been away was that I just got tired of bootlegs and trading and all the stuff, after a few months I made a few trades again, but I noticed I still was tired and got offline again. I'm now listening again to many bootlegs and I'm again looking at other lists to get some new stuff. So I think it is really time to get back to business, but something is sure: I will trade less in the future and only trade for stuff that I'm really interested in.

Anyway back to topic.

It is a very good idea to review the member list and kick those accounts that do nothing for the hub.
I don't like a ratio of downloads/uploads, news or contribution to maiden-world live. This will only bring up useless discussions like: is a rare show more worth than a new DVD? I think it can also be the beginning of thousends of useless post in the forum or the chat, because a few people may post the same news over and over again just to get some credits (I guess you know that from other forums).

But I expect that everyone is contributing to the hub in one way, in the way he/she likes and the time allows. It can't be that some hubbers download all shows and in exchange they don't even make some covers or do a trade to bring a new show on the hub or do something else. Even on Dime you have to share the stuff you download.
I think it is best to review every member who seems to do nothing, give him a warning and if he doesn't change kick him.
Hope you understand me, I expect not much but I expect to see the good will, that we can see the member wants to contribute to the hub in any way - if not good bye.


@BoBo you posted a list of how many boots where shared by any hubber. I'm not sure if this is a good idea. It looks like the hub is all about sharing some stuff, but we all know the hub is much more (even if i haven't done more than sharing some shows)!!

Cheers
Paule

PS: hope you can follow my mind, it's bit dificult to write it in english
 

Fromm

Member
A nice discution this has lead too, and alot of great possibilities how to solve the missing life in the hub so far. Its always hard to throw people out.
For the last 3 months or so, i have been less active in the hub chat, mainly due to 2 reasons


1. Work and study
2. The screw with no end, people get busy, and when i write something, no answer, and then other people come online, and they get no answer, and suddenly you have a dead hub.

How to solve i don't know, but i know i will try to be more active in the chat, i hope that i can help bringing back at least some life in the chat.

Also if people wanna have some help before sharing a release, i guess i can put up an FTP account on my computer, so you can transfer the shows directly to my share, and then announce that its shared afterwards. My DC++ computer is online 24/7/365 (almost) :). That might be nice for people who release shows and is only online for a given time of the day, and when they log on, 10 people connects, which means that alot of people will get it slowly. Atleast this way we are 2 people to share the burden.

Laters, and Up The Irons
 
Why is it so quiet in the hub nowadays.Not that long ago it really active in the main chat.I take some of the blame myself as ive been away for a while and im not familiar with a lot of people in the hub now so i dont really say a lot.
As far as contributing is concerned im wanting to start trading again but because its been a while im a bit off the pace.Im willing to try to help the hub in anyway i can.
 

tazz1973

Member
A bit off topic... but I think it has been quiet as we are in a bit of a lull... I think this will pick up with a new tour to excite everyone again.
 

BoBo

Active Member
Paule said:
But I expect that everyone is contributing to the hub in one way, in the way he/she likes and the time allows. It can't be that some hubbers download all shows and in exchange they don't even make some covers or do a trade to bring a new show on the hub or do something else. Even on Dime you have to share the stuff you download.
I think it is best to review every member who seems to do nothing, give him a warning and if he doesn't change kick him.
Hope you understand me, I expect not much but I expect to see the good will, that we can see the member wants to contribute to the hub in any way - if not good bye.
Exactly what I have said so far. We don't need new rules, just some people should realize they have not done enough so far. It's just a question how will we decide who will get warning or ban. Should be just me deciding (which I don't want to do), or I should choose few members which will decide, or every member should suggest and vote.

Paule said:
@BoBo you posted a list of how many boots where shared by any hubber. I'm not sure if this is a good idea. It looks like the hub is all about sharing some stuff, but we all know the hub is much more (even if i haven't done more than sharing some shows)!!
I have said it's not real ranking for hub members, just some general information about them. That's why I have added the list where you can see what some members do (taping, filming, DVD releases, tape transfers, ...) and what you can't see on first list.
 

KillEmAll

New Member
Good idea! I'm not too much in maiden stuff... but i've shared few dvds ;) Next one is coming. I hope, I can stay with you (hubbers).

Bobo > If you have any hosting problems, let me know

-Michal
 

Paule

New Member
BoBo said:
Exactly what I have said so far. We don't need new rules, just some people should realize they have not done enough so far. It's just a question how will we decide who will get warning or ban. Should be just me deciding (which I don't want to do), or I should choose few members which will decide, or every member should suggest and vote
In my oppinion it is best that a few members decide what do do. In a poll there will be always the same (few?) members that will give their vote. So I think it is best that these members only decide what to do.



BoBo said:
I have said it's not real ranking for hub members, just some general information about them. That's why I have added the list where you can see what some members do (taping, filming, DVD releases, tape transfers, ...) and what you can't see on first list.
sorry, after reading the thread again I have seen your post where you stated that this list is for information only and not meant for competition - Thats what I thought
 

danmaiden

Member
i was thinking about the main chat thing
well, i guess i can consider myself a "friend" of some guys at the hub
and im sure that if i grab something of their shares they wont be pissed with me, even if im not sharing anything atm
some guys are leechers and dont even try to talk and make some friends (or even trading friends) at the hub..
talking in the main chat is a big contribution to the hub IMHO :D
 

dropdeadfreds

New Member
hub

always try to share some stuff if and when i get it.

Barcelona and Glasgow will be recorded this tour by me (all going well)
and i'll share them.

:wink:
 

ead666

Member
Re: hub

dropdeadfreds said:
always try to share some stuff if and when i get it.

Barcelona and Glasgow will be recorded this tour by me (all going well)
and i'll share them.

:wink:
:banana: :banana:
 

babyzak

Member
Hello All

Its taken me a while to figure out how I felt on this matter. I myself have not taped a show in MANY,MANY Years. I have not had the time in a while (due to family situations) to properly due Mail trades.So the hub was a great situation for me,I can get new stuff.

Being one of the oldest (Not talking age :)) members of the hub .I have seen a lot of things change. I was a member of the MP3 hub before it broke off into this Lossless hub (This was when Maniac618 ran the Hub).
When this hub started chat was a Blaze ( Not Bayley :D ) all the time ,even during tour breaks. I flet like a "family" everyone here for a common love Maiden and GOOD Music, and everyone did what they could to help the cause

Today, different "feel' .... :( We have over 90 registered members..of late we have about maybe 30-40 people in the hub at any given time.
Normally the SAME PEOPLE 30-35 people with some extras

Next week I will bet after WED (for some dumb reason :D ) the member # will jump to 60 -80. Most of these RETURNING Memebers will be here for 1 reason..New Shows.

Now here was my Debate..I said I haven't taped/traded in a while, so Do I have the right to say anything? I may be wrong ..but I say I DO.
I may not bring alot of stuff into the hub..but I do what I can. I do other things to make up for my LEECHING :D , I share what I can. My point is
I do something..EVERYDAY ( Not just when a new tour Starts).

I would say that maybe for the next couple weeks , anyone who has been InActive for a while,has to Reactivate there membership with BoBo.
Block access and have them PM about Re Entering.Just Like when Hub was started. Im not saying don't let them in, just review there contributions and there devotion to the HUB

Are they willing to GIVE when there is nothing to GET? :?

Like I said earlier there are 30-35 who always give, and Im not talking about Stuff ( which is always good :) ), but give there TIME and EFFORT
24/7 and don't ask fo much back expect the other people to do the same

Sorry this RANT went so long , but I care about the hub


PS: I will be Taping Toronto in 2 Weeks... :banana:
 
Top