now thinking

Ivan said:
last avatar was better

6.gif

MaidenMadness said:
prog rock/metal is not for everyone

most people find it hard to listen to it
well imo they dont know what are they missing

They are musically....... erm :? .......Naive do you mean. Like they are not "able" to appreciate the music, rather than just not "liking" it.

Bockaaarck said:
They are musically....... erm :? .......Naive do you mean. Like they are not "able" to appreciate the music, rather than just not "liking" it.
well i must admit prog rock/metal isnt an easy genre to listen to cause you have to have patience to listen to the whole album and view the album as a whole
while in lets say power metal or hard rock you can say that album has 3 good songs but the rest are fillers here you do not view the album through the songs
you must have patience to endure long instrumental parts which sometimes contain some really weird music and often are saw by most nonprog fans as pure wanking and needless showing off you must have patience to listen to the whole album before judging it
dunno what would be the term for the people not able to get into prog

MaidenMadness said:
well i must admit prog rock/metal isnt an easy genre to listen to cause you have to have patience to listen to the whole album and view the album as a whole
while in lets say power metal or hard rock you can say that album has 3 good songs but the rest are fillers here you do not view the album through the songs
you must have patience to endure long instrumental parts which sometimes contain some really weird music and often are saw by most nonprog fans as pure wanking and needless showing off you must have patience to listen to the whole album before judging it
dunno what would be the term for the people not able to get into prog

That's kind of what i meant, for instance the "Mars Volta" have become really popular over the last year or so. And they are really quite progressive in their music. I wonder how many of the people who listen to them listen to the "strange" bits and think "I'll just pretend i didn't hear that, and wait for the catchy chorus to kick in....."

Bockaaarck said:
That's kind of what i meant, for instance the "Mars Volta" have become really popular over the last year or so. And they are really quite progressive in their music. I wonder how many of the people who listen to them listen to the "strange" bits and think "I'll just pretend i didn't hear that, and wait for the catchy chorus to kick in....."
the joke's on them
catchy chorus's are rare in prog :D
i have one mars volta album
they're not bad but i'm on the YES matter currently
need to get more of YES! :fist:
i have one of their two-cd albums
it has 4 songs
each has about 30 minutes
now take that and give it to somebody used to 5 to 6 minute power metal songs
or to somebody used to 3 or 4 minute mainstream pop songs
they will go beserk after 20 minutes :D

MaidenMadness said:
the joke's on them
catchy chorus's are rare in prog :D
i have one mars volta album
they're not bad but i'm on the YES matter currently
need to get more of YES! :fist:
i have one of their two-cd albums
it has 4 songs
each has about 30 minutes
now take that and give it to somebody used to 5 to 6 minute power metal songs
or to somebody used to 3 or 4 minute mainstream pop songs
they will go beserk after 20 minutes :D

It might be worth you trying to find a cheap copy of "Yestory", think that's what its called. I've been lucky and seen them live twice. Trust me MM, you would love it, it would be great if you could see them :D

Back