about music news in general

The other day BLAZE BAYLEY updated his site , thus:

Hello everybody.

This is just a quick update to let you know that work is picking up again and we'll be back out there soon.

Currently there are no dramatic changes in Debbie's condition, but she has definitely made some progress along the slow path to recovery and we are all very excited about what seem tiny and small steps, such as moving her feet voluntarily in response to Blaze asking her to, and things like that. Definitely voluntary movement and not just any kind of random muscle reflex.

Another development you may notice is a new shop on the site. It's properly SSL encrypted and a bit more sophisticated than the old one, payment still handled via PayPal.

Meanwhile...we are rehearsing a new set with which to begin the 'Tour That Will Not Die' proper which begins on 4 October at Beverley's Metievel Festival. Then off to Ireland to raise some Hell over there.

Unfortunately we have had to postpone three UK shows through what can only be described as unavoidable circumstances. However, any tickets already purchased will be valid for the rescheduled shows.

Apart from that....we are booking shows in the UK, Europe and elsewhere, which will be listed on the tour section as soon as they are rock-solid confirmed! The rest of 2008 will see us doinf quite a few shows and 2009 is getting busier and busier...which is bloody great! :)

See you on the road!!

Although it would appear she has taken a turn for the worse. :(

Hello again.

At 7pm on Tuesday 23 September Debbie suffered a stroke in hospital. This meant that she has been rushed back into Intensive Care and is once again critically ill. Blaze is with her at the hospital most of the time, so once again if you are trying to contact him, please be patient. He, Debbie's family and friends, and the whole band as well, very much appreciate all of the support that has been sent, especially the huge number of emails and messages sent through the website and MySpace site.

We will let you know of any more developments.

27 September 2008
Sadly I have to let you all know that Blaze's wife Debbie has passed away in hospital this morning. I know that Blaze has always appreciated the massive amount of supportive emails and letters for Debbie and he, and many were passed on to Debbie in hospital.

Blaze is understandably not here to write anything so if you don't mind, I would like to write something here about Debbie. I didn't meet Debbie until I auditioned for the band in September 2007. She was always a very genuine person who laughed easily and enjoyed life and she and Blaze were obviously a very strong couple that loved each other totally. I know she was also extremely proud of Blaze, and should have been very proud of herself for helping Blaze 'come back' from what was a dark period for him.

When I learned that Debbie - the singer's wife- was the band manager, with no previous experience, I had to admit that I was sceptical. I have seen Spinal Tap...and been in enough bands to know that often a situation like that doesn't work! But, I was so very impressed with her. She grabbed the job and ran with it...surpassing everybody's expectations (apart from Blaze's who knew what she was capable of) with her abilities, proving to be both tough and strong in all aspects of the job and life. She shared the same ups and downs, slept on the same airport floors, spent hours and hours in negotiations and ALWAYS cared about the welfare of 'her boys' before everything else. She was bloody brilliant and I am just glad that we all told her that on several occassions. Debbie was also a very supportive friend whatever personal circumstances were happening, and she was always there when you needed her.

On 5 July we all went to the Iron Maiden show at Twickenham and were fortunate enough to be at the aftershow party. Debbie was like a proud Mum as Nico, Dave and I were buzzing to be in the company of some of our heroes.

debbie.jpg

She looked so happy that my girlfriend took this photo on her phone and immediately sent it to her. The album was two days away from release and everything going so well. She had been instrumental in turning around the band's fortunes since 2007. The next day she fell ill.

Blaze has lost his wife, her family have lost a daughter and sister, the band has lost its manager and we have all lost a very good friend. The world is a poorer place for it.

Larry

RIP :cross: :(

So so sad :cry: :cry:

I have sent an email to Blaze, don't know if he'll read it, but I know he read the ones when she was ill, I dunno didn't feel right just sittin here playing stupid games on facebook....

:cry: :cry: :cry:

This very sad, she seemed so lovely when we saw Blaze in Exeter, poor Debbie. This is tragic for her family and for Blaze.

That poor man never seems to have anything good happen to him.

RIP Debbie :grouphug:

Thats so sad :(

If the gigs are still on, I might go to the gig he's doing in Shrewsbury

Poor old Blaze :( :(

AC/DC have just announced UK dates:

Apr. 14 - London, UK - O2 Arena
Apr. 18 - Dublin, IRE - O2 Arena
Apr. 21 - Manchester, UK - MEN Arena
Apr. 23 - Birmingham, UK - LG Arena

8)

afraidtoshooteddie said:
AC/DC have just announced UK dates:

Apr. 14 - London, UK - O2 Arena
Apr. 18 - Dublin, IRE - O2 Arena
Apr. 21 - Manchester, UK - MEN Arena
Apr. 23 - Birmingham, UK - LG Arena

8)

Do we think they are gonna announce more :?

What annoys me is why dont bands do gigs on a Friday/Saturday or Sunday anymore :|

At least if its a Friday or a Sunday I only need to 'waste' 1 day holiday...

But otherwise its 2 days :|

IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH :x :x :x :x :x

Yes I wanna see em..........
But do I wanna see em THAT BADLY :?

i bought 3 tix yesterday for their Paris gig next february, 25th at Bercy :banana: :banana:

1 for me, 1 for missy, and 1 for killy 8) :banana:

rockin_plumber said:
Do we think they are gonna announce more :?

What annoys me is why dont bands do gigs on a Friday/Saturday or Sunday anymore :|

At least if its a Friday or a Sunday I only need to 'waste' 1 day holiday...

But otherwise its 2 days :|

IT PISSES ME OFF SO MUCH :x :x :x :x :x

Yes I wanna see em..........
But do I wanna see em THAT BADLY :?

Scheduling sucks :(

rockin_plumber said:
Have you seen em b4 mate??

yeah 2 times

first one during the razor's edge tour and the 2nd time during the ballbreaker tour :banana: :banana:

and you rocky ??

Back