about Maiden in general chat

afraidtoshooteddie said:
This is getting rediculous now. :|

Not only is Steve's daughter and her band Supporting Maiden on the new tour, No doubt still supporting their own as-yet-unreleased album. :|
But now his Son's band have been added to the bill. :| :| And although they do have an E.P. out (available through the bands Myspace page,) they hardly sound like a very exciting act to warm up the crowd. The singer sounds like he'd rather be anywhere other than behind the mic.
Why can't Maiden take out a decent band with them? Perhaps someone befitting the era they are covering with the 80's theme of the tour? Saxon are about. The Almighty are gigging this year too. Motorhead are always on tour. Diamond Head have a new album to promote. Or Fastway, Or Girlschool. or anyone, other than the Cheap-as-chips option of getting the kids to work for 'exposure' and put the pennies in daddys pocket.
For the ticket price for the tour this year I'd like to see better. :2c:
Looks like it was a joke between his son and his friends LOL

Ben said:
Avenged Sevenfold supporting Maiden at Twickenham..

Enjoy :err:
I think we are all past hoping Maiden will have decent support :( It must only be a matter of time before they tell us we have to suffer Lauren again too :|

Saying that Avenged Sevenfold are better than a lot of bands they could of had....Luke will be happy when I tell him, he likes them :)

Ben said:
Avenged Sevenfold supporting Maiden at Twickenham..

Enjoy :err:

:( :( :(

How hard would it be for them to set up an Internet poll to ask the Fans who they'd like to see with them?
Megadeth did it. Thunder did it. Why Can't Maiden do it?

afraidtoshooteddie said:
This is getting rediculous now. :|

Not only is Steve's daughter and her band Supporting Maiden on the new tour, No doubt still supporting their own as-yet-unreleased album. :|
But now his Son's band have been added to the bill. :| :| And although they do have an E.P. out (available through the bands Myspace page,) they hardly sound like a very exciting act to warm up the crowd. The singer sounds like he'd rather be anywhere other than behind the mic.
Why can't Maiden take out a decent band with them? Perhaps someone befitting the era they are covering with the 80's theme of the tour? Saxon are about. The Almighty are gigging this year too. Motorhead are always on tour. Diamond Head have a new album to promote. Or Fastway, Or Girlschool. or anyone, other than the Cheap-as-chips option of getting the kids to work for 'exposure' and put the pennies in daddys pocket.
For the ticket price for the tour this year I'd like to see better. :2c:

hmm maybe its just me .. but if I had to choose inbetween my children's bands and Motorhead/Girlschool .. I'd have to pick my kids.
I fucking love those bands .. but I think that 'd love my kids a bit more.
They've been doing this so long it doesn't even matter anymore. People are going to still go see Maiden, no matter what the situation.

I'm not going to the gig, but come on..Dream Theater supported Maiden a few years back..now Aveneged Sevenfold :| What a yawn :|

Ben said:
I'm not going to the gig, but come on..Dream Theater supported Maiden a few years back..now Aveneged Sevenfold :| What a yawn :|
To be fair I think we were in the minority that were happy it was DT :err: One thing with support bands for Maiden is the fans are all different ages, and into different bands, we'll never get any support that makes everyone happy.....

I'm not happy, or pissed off, i'm indifferent :err:

Could make for an interesting listen.....

Former IRON MAIDEN/WOLFSBANE singer Blaze Bayley will be IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's guest on Friday, February 15 during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio show, aptly named "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show". This will mark the very first interview that Bruce and Blaze have ever done together. Listen to the program live via the Internet between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. U.K. time at BBC.co.uk.

afraidtoshooteddie said:
Could make for an interesting listen.....

Former IRON MAIDEN/WOLFSBANE singer Blaze Bayley will be IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's guest on Friday, February 15 during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio show, aptly named "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show". This will mark the very first interview that Bruce and Blaze have ever done together. Listen to the program live via the Internet between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. U.K. time at BBC.co.uk.
That could be good :D Can you remind me again nearer the time....I got a head like a sieve :oops:

afraidtoshooteddie said:
:( :( :(

How hard would it be for them to set up an Internet poll to ask the Fans who they'd like to see with them?
Megadeth did it. Thunder did it. Why Can't Maiden do it?

or Golden earing :D 8)

Kevin Shirley said:
Great to be in a sparkly, if still under construction, studio - albeit with half of my gear having given up the ghost, with the latest round of shipping having taken its toll on it's fragile electronics. Mixing some live Iron Maiden for future bonus disc material, or whatever it's for. A particularly well performed show, particuarly badly recorded, which makes the job a little more taxing, but at least I can take as long as it needs

afraidtoshooteddie said:
I don't get Sky News on telly any more :|
:(

I didn't even realise we've got sky news on freeview :shock:

I would have been ok today watching sky news in the living room, but tomorrow would have been tough with Jake home, this way we will both be happy 8)

Back