A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH

Na TROBB coveru mozes osjetiti cijelu atmosferu pjesme, dok na albumu vidim samo sliku i nista vise.

uf pa ovaj cover od Benjamina mi je puno bolji nego od albuma....cover od Benjamina po mojem mišljenju je sličan Fear Of The Dark coveru i Live After Death.....kažem Fear Of The Dark samo zato jer je drvo slično kao i na Fear Of The Dark coveru.

ne znam meni je ok ali nekako mi je de ja vu (već viđeno), iako je sličan FOTD i LAD opet je drukčiji i to je ok, ali od albuma cover je nešto apsolutno novo, i WOW, nikad viđeno kod maidena, zbilja novo, ovo na coveru TROBB kao da su igrali na sigurnu kartu, iako izgleda predobro ipak mi je AMOLAD bolji, tenk i sve to

ma ja se nikad nisam razočarao, svaki maidenov cover je bio genijalan. al ja ipak mislim da onaj tenk neće biti cover albuma. ne znam zašto, imam osjećaj da je to varka, jer je eddie bio uvijek u prvom planu kaj se covera tiće a ovdje je samo dio crteža...ono nemam pojma al ipak...:p

GrimReaper said:
ma ja se nikad nisam razočarao, svaki maidenov cover je bio genijalan. al ja ipak mislim da onaj tenk neće biti cover albuma. ne znam zašto, imam osjećaj da je to varka, jer je eddie bio uvijek u prvom planu kaj se covera tiće a ovdje je samo dio crteža...ono nemam pojma al ipak...:p

Ja mislim da je ono definitivno novi cover i da se nece menjati ... 100% ;)

Adrian Smith and Dave Murray. Exclusive interview in London. www.rafabasa.com

With a single listening of A Matter Of Life And Death, i wanted congratullate by the album, although I have not found it easy to listen, as it does not catch you at first. He is very dangerous, progressive and experimental. Do you feel the same?

Adrian Smith: Yes, you have said the exact words. It is an different album from which people expect from us. There is much to discover in the first listening, which is not easy to assimilate. We are very proud of it. We wanted to work in something in which we were really interested, and with "A Matter Of Life And Death" we achieved it.

The best way for you would have been to published another "The Number Of The Beast", even another "Brave New World".

Adrian Smith: Yes, without a doubt it would be the easy way. With this new album without a doubt we showed a new IRON MAIDEN, with hardly accessible songs, strongly progressive.

Dave Murray: You know, people grows, changes. I find interesting to be a progressive, complicated group. The songs are not easy to play, everything is a challenge for me as a musician. Of course, as it happens to many albums, it is difficult to assimilate it on the first listening, but as you get introduced to the melodies you'll end up enjoying it.

Adrian Smith: Although it seems a complicated album, is a full hymns disc, i hope that be memorable. I can imagine the audience singing it straight away.

Speaking of the straight away, do you think that it will be easy to export all the sound, mood and instrumentation straigh away, will be easy to interpret? And sincerely do you see people singing and jumping?

Dave Murray: Yes, it is something inherent to Maiden fans. Still and thus I do not believe that it will be the typical concert where people become crazy and end up with a pain on the neck, but but I believe that the performance will be more powerful, dramatic, and of course we will be there for making that people enjoy the maximum of it.

In "A Matter Of Life And Death" there are few songs that can be played on the radio, or which can attract new fans. One of these would be "Different World". Which is the song you feel more proud and which one you think that will be sung by the audience from the start?

Adrian Smith: Yes, "Different World" is the song more easily accessible, and surely the one that more will be sung in direct. I cannot say a song of which i feel proud, because I feel proud of many of them, like "Out Of The Shadows", "The Legacy" or "The Reincarnation of Benjamin Bregg", powerful and with unusual chords.

Dave Murray: It is a varied album, with more direct parts, and their more complex and progressive parts, ballads... We are very proud of the whole the album.

Indeed with "Out Of The Shadows", and in special its instrumental part, you have been able to surprise to me as i thought that no longer you would be able to do it. If you were looking to surprise, you did it.

Dave Murray: Yes, it happened so while we were recording, which thus you have liked?

Adrian Smith: Are you talking about the instrumental part that we play in the middle of the song?

Yes, exactly. It is completely different from what i listened in Maiden up 'til now.

Dave Murray: Yes! There are many things in this album that you don't expect of IRON MAIDEN. That's what makes the album very interesting, which causes that on the first listening it can explode in your head.

On the album we discovered a new dimension in the sound and the way of composing of IRON MAIDEN. Do you think that still you have something to learn like musicians?

Adrian Smith: Of course, we are always learning. He is interesting to play new things, to write more complex material. I never liked progressive rock when i was young. When you create your own style it beams with more direct groups like Thin Lizzy. But to write complex music is easier, there are no rules, i believe that is more complicated to obtain a specific riff, that hooks, rocker without ending up being very pop.

You are saying that it is easier to compose a progressive album of long songs than one with direct and catchy songs?

Adrian Smith: Yes. When i was young, as I have commented to you, i listened groups like Thin Lizzy or UFO. They influenced me to try and write accessible songs and easier to listen to them. But this way you feel froze, very forced to do it when composing. Now I write on the opposite way completely, letting the music flow, without barriers, which makes easier and natural.

You have never composed a song together. There are no songs in " A Matter Of Life And Death" in which they have taken part more than one guitarist. Is always the guitarist of the turn and Steve Harris, then with Bruce Dickinson in some occasions. There is some explanation for this?[/b]

Adrian Smith: Yes, we have tried to sit and write together, but always we end up playing blues or things of the sort.

Dave Murray: (Laughter). Yes, it is certain.

Adrian Smith: Is complicated. However with Steve and Bruce always there is a kind of tension, to finish things quickly and well done. Dave and I get on very well, and we like to chat a lot. With Janick it is not possible either because he is too relaxed.

Perhaps too calm like composing with him.

Adrian Smith: Yes (laughter), too much.

Dave Murray: It goes very well to work with Steve or Bruce. Sometimes the voices come with a new melody. With Adrian, we play guitar together very well, but at the time of composing at the moment we will follow thus, although one never knows that it will wait to us in the future.

Adrian Smith: If you look to the past, in the history, you will see as this way to compose is often repeated, as for example it happened to Led Zeppelin. It is always easier to work with a guitarist and the singer, is the most classic way to compose. When the guitarist composes, he urges the vocalist to sing, to create a melody.

And how it was to record so complex songs almost in a single take, with the group playing together and in direct in the studio? It seems a method more applicable to albums like "The Number Of The Beast".

Dave Murray: From our first album we like to record as if we were playing live. We like the visual contact in the studio. This is the way as it would have always be recorded. Music nowadays has much dependency on computers. We of course used it, but not in the recording process, we made it in the traditional way. In fact for us now it would be very complicated to record separately, sat each one in a single room. When you record a song you have it to interpret together. The songs need this movement, not a metronome.

This way to record is reflected on the final result of the album? Can you distinguish when an album has been recorded with the musicians separately?

Dave Murray: Yes, of course it is possible to distinguish when the instruments have been recorded separately and packed. In IRON MAIDEN however the recording is 'old school' (laughter).

About Kevin Shirley. He is responsible for your new musical direction?

Adrian Smith: Yes, partly I believe that yes. To work with him is different. He works much with the technology but at the same time he likes that the group play its music, in an organic, natural way. And he likes to quickly obtain the results, until the point of the impatience. He gets a great sound in an almost spontaneous way. We are not a group of great productions. Well, "A Matter Of Life And Death" yes it can sound like a super-production, but if you look back and listen what we did with Martin Birch, you will see that it sounds very direct and present. We used neither metronomes or big machines. Much of the music of the eighty now sounds old fashioned, basically because it abused clichés. However, much of what we did twenty years back as what we can play nowadays on the scene will be never sound out of place.

Speaking of the sound of the productions of Martín Birch, you know that there are many fans that misses it. What would you say to them? After listening "A Matter Of Life And Death" I doubt that you reconquer them.

Dave Murray: They would have to give it a try. You cannot try to sound like the eighty all life. Obvious those albums sounded more direct, were more easily assimilable. Now the productions are more elaborated, we want to have a 2006 sound. With Kevin Shirley we have another identity, we sound fresh, and we took advantage of the technology of nowadays.

Still and thus you are conscious that many followers of the group (at least old followers) dislike the course undertaken by the band, of the new productions, the new album covers...

Adrian Smith: Yes, fans of heavy, specially those of Maiden have very diverse and enthusiastic opinions.

Love 'em or hate 'em.

Dave Murray: Exact! There is no average term.

Adrian Smith: It is normal that these things happen when you are successful.

Still and thus you know that your fans defends you almost with as much force as your detractors criticize to you.
[/b]

Dave Murray: Yes, without a doubt they are the best ones. But really we did not pay much attention to the critics.

They are your gasoline nowadays? You have a great standard of life, a superb status within music. You do not need more money to live calmly. It is by them who you take this risk? Because "A Matter Of Life And Death" is a dangerous album. What is your motivation to follow ahead?

Adrian Smith: For us is very rewarding to be in a position in which we sell all the tickets of our concerts, but also is motivating to record the album that you want to record and the way that you want. To really do what you want, this is the best position that one can be. We like to raise us the scene, to work hard. This is our gasoline, the motivation in itself.

A simple question but I must do. What hides behind the title "A Matter Of Life And Death"?

(I still stare Dave Murray that does not respond to me)

You do not know the answer (i ask Dave Murray)?

Dave Murray: Yes, yes, i was thinking about the answer....(laughs)

Adrian Smith: I asnwer this for you (laughs). The album deals with many subjects: war, religion, conflicts, all these things. We do not want to get anybody depressed, but when we compose music the letters flowed by themselves. A matter of life or death (laughter).

Dave Murray: There are some who says that behind the title hides the soccer (laughs).

Adrian Smith: Yes! Everything comes around because there was a trainer of Liverpool, Bill Shankly, that said "soccer once is not a question of life or death, is more important that it". It could certainly have connection, yes.

Dave Murray: Certainly it is a great title, gathers perfectly what hides the content of the album: war, religion... But are many more things that are a question of life or death also. The title can be applied to many situations of life...., of death... or of matter (laughter)

We can wait for a stage scenario in the "Paschendale" style on the "Dance Of Death" tour?

Adrian Smith: It would be great either, it would fit very well with the new subjects.

Because listening to the new album, with its long compositions and instrumental moments, it seems obligatory to accompany it a great stage scene, of a great assembly a-la-Maiden.

Dave Murray: Completely in agreement. In fact we are planning a great show, great, great spectacle. We don't know yet what scene is definitively going to be , but we will emphasize much visually. Surely that will be explosive, people will return to house with the eyes like plates.

And covered in blood.

Dave Murray: (laughs) Completely.

In reference to the set list, we can wait for few surprises, i imagine. For that enough the tour of "Early Days".

Adrian Smith: You talk about playing old songs?

Yes, but not typical that of always.

Adrian Smith: Yes, the tour of "Early Days" was made partly for that reason. But surely we will play old material. Right now we do not know which will be those songs, but i'm sure that an idea is already made. In all ways, and obviously, the concert will be based on "A Matter Of Life And Death".

After the tour of "Dance Of Death" you announced that you would not return to make great tours, that would only play in great venues or summer festivals. Nevertheless you embark on another tour through theaters, shorter than usual, yes. Is this your way of dealing things with more calm?

Adrian Smith: Yes, definitively. In the past we made tours of 12 or 13 months. After 6 months almost you do not know nor where you ggoing to play, everything becomes very automatic. With this type of tour which we undertake we enjoyed every second, each concert is intense, precious. With time you realise that you prefer the quality over quantity.

Personal commentary: thanks to come to Barcelona.[/b]

Dave Murray: Right! We played in Barcelona! Will you coming to see us?

Of course, for the fifth time.

Dave Murray: Then we see ourselves there (laughs).

What you can say of the features of the singles b-sides? I have understood that they will be basically cover versions.

Adrian Smith: Yes, they are a tribute to the groups that have influenced us in the 70's. Simply they are some songs recorded very quickly.

Like all the album. Problems with schedule or desire to finish?[/b]

Dave Murray: It happened this way. It has been a natural process, the way in which we have played the songs in the studio. It is not that we have set out to go fast, we never said ourselves "come on, hurry up, hurry up". We simply have been very concentrated and fresh, and things came out like this. Kevin Shirley also has collaborated with its mixings, have been a multitude of factors that have favored to all come out so fast one and well. A luck.

There are constants rumors about your separation. In fact several radios already have commented that you will separate after this tour. Some message to calm down your followers?

Dave Murray: Commentaries as such are always heard . It seems that there are people wishing that we split up. No, we have a new album in the market, a tour, festivals... I am wishing to go out on tour to show this album, will be a great celebration. We are not going to hang the guitars still. We have some years left ahead, we will become old men still running on the scene (laughs).

I hope it last, thanks for your time.

Thank you, we see ourselves in Barcelona.s

GrimReaper said:

E moj sinko. Ja sam cijelo ljeto 2003. ponavljao "DOD cover is fake!", pa vidis kako je ispalo. :D

Ne zelim umanjivati trud druga Snakea koji je postao ovaj interview, ali TKO JE DOVRAGA OVO PREVODIO SA NEKOG DRUGOG JEZIKA? Nisam se mogao prisiliti da to procitam, tako je ocajno ne-engleski.

Gul_Ranek said:
Ne zelim umanjivati trud druga Snakea koji je postao ovaj interview, ali TKO JE DOVRAGA OVO PREVODIO SA NEKOG DRUGOG JEZIKA? Nisam se mogao prisiliti da to procitam, tako je ocajno ne-engleski.

Mislio sam ga sutra procitati, ali imas pravo. Po prvih par recenica kvaliteta prijevoda je izmedju normalnog i onog koji se dobije online prevoditeljima.

istina, ali pazite ovo :

"Commentaries as such are always heard . It seems that there are people wishing that we split up. "
:x :shock: :x :x nail them to the :cross:

"No, we have a new album in the market, a tour, festivals... I am wishing to go out on tour to show this album, will be a great celebration. "
:banana: :banana:

"We are not going to hang the guitars still. We have some years left ahead, we will become old men still running on the scene (laughs). "

roštaj beba you make my heart sing!!!!!! LOL :suck: :suck:

Mislim da je ovo ipak prevedeno s nekim online translatorom i onda malo usminkano koliko je to pocinitelj ovog (ne)djela to bio u mogucnosti.

Gul_Ranek said:

prevodjeno je sa spanjolskog jezika na engleski..... prevod sam pokupio sa nekog foruma, veze nemam kojeg, i sam autor je rekao da je los s engleskim...... jebiga, koliko god lose uradjen, mislim da nije tesko skontati sta je "prevodioc" mislio prevesti :D

According to their official website and Maiden Norway.com, Bullet for my Valentine are very pleased to announce that they have been confirmed as main support to metal legends Iron Maiden on their forthcoming headline US tour.

As of yet, no confirmation from the Maiden camp has been posted.
"Almost a year after the original release of Bullet For My Valentine’s award-winning debut album ‘The Poison’, and after a year that has seen them supporting the likes of Metallica, Korn and Guns n’ Roses, as well as selling out their own headline tours of the UK and Japan and ripping up the circuit of Europe’s heavier summer festivals, Bullet For My Valentine are thrilled to be heading back to North America as special guests of Iron Maiden.

Says Matt Tuck, “We are stoked we are going to be supporting Maiden in the US, we're all huge fans and have so much fuckin’ respect for them - it's going to be an honour. Plus, we can't wait to meet Eddie!”

The band will then return to Europe and the UK for their own set of headline shows which will see the celebration of the end of a tumultuous year for the band.

The Welsh quartet have recently headlined The Metal Hammer Awards 2006, picking up the gong for Best UK Band in the process (adding to their Kerrang! gong for Best British Newcomer in 2005), played the main stage at the Download festival, Donington ahead of Funeral For A Friend and Guns n’ Roses, and are currently winning new friends in the US on the Warped Tour before readying themselves to play the main stage at the Reading and Leeds Carling Weekend on their return.

Charts-wise, this summer has seen the third single to be lifted from ‘The Poison’, ‘Tears Don’t Fall’ to again go top 40 and ‘The Poison’ album re-issue gain even more praise (The Sun 5/5, Kerrang 5/5) upon its release and worldwide album sales fly past the half a million mark."

The dates are as follows:

04/10/2006 USA - Hartford, CT - New England Dodge Music Center
06/10/2006 USA - Boston, MA - Agganis Arena
07/10/2006 USA - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center At the Waterfront
09/10/2006 CANADA - Quebec City, QC - Colisee Pepsi Arena
10/10/2006 CANADA - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
12/10/2006 USA - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
13/10/2006 USA - East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena
16/10/2006 CANADA - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
17/10/2006 USA - Auburn Hills, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills
18/10/2006 USA - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena

Back