13/6 France 2, England 1 [RESULT IN] Damn it

Manowar

As much as I want to say England will win, I think France will top it.

Who do you guys think will win ?

Maniac618 said:
I'm english, but France will win at least 2-0. :cry:

Whatever happened to blind patriotism? :D

If we win we'll probably play Spain in the quarters, if we lose we'll probably play Portugal.

So... losing may be the better thing to do, playing Portugal at home can't be nice :wink:

I doubt France will repeat the results from Japan/Korea. They will win. It will be hard though. England will wait for them and play on counter-attacks.

BoBo said:
I doubt France will repeat the results from Japan/Korea. They will win. It will be hard though. England will wait for them and play on counter-attacks.

:banana: :banana:

BoBo said:

but when england go into attack play, they loose defence

IT'll be a tough game and could go either way but I think England will just come out on top...

...I'm biased of course though. LOL

Unless Sven sorts his formation out, France'll win. We could push for a win though. I think a draw would actually be realistic.

Here's the formation he should use:

GK - James
LB - Cole
RB - Neville
CHL - King
CHR - Campbell
A flat midfield, none of this diamond nonsense:
LW - Scholes
RW - Beckham
CML - Gerrard
CMR - Lampard
FL - Rooney
FR - Owen

Bring on Heskey (yes, Heskey) later in the game to hold up the play for the final half hour.

What do you think?

rockin_plumber said:
I think he should play Carragher instead of King but thats the only change.

I dunno, King's faster. And he's had a better season. Sure, Carragher has experience but he's still playing against a bloody fast set of players.

To be perfectly honest, I think Sven should've got Upson in - undoubtedly the best left-footed centre-half in the country. (Yes, I'm a Birmingham fan, shut up :p )

By the way... I'm not gonna do a big post like for the other threads cos we all know England and Frances teams etc. :)

But for the English viewers, it's being shown on ITV1

Or in your local pub probably :D

Back