zanimljivosti u vezi Maidena

Maiden will be helping Derek Riggs launch his new book of illustrations. Presales of the very limited edition signed hard back art book will start September 18th.

The 180 page book covers Derek's whole career and is accompanied by Derek's story in the 50,000 word text written by Canadian rock journalist and author Martin Popoff.

Next week books will be available only from Derek and Maiden's sites. Over 200 color pictures including plenty of Eddies!

"From Here to Eternity" is often considered the fourth song in the Charlotte the Harlot saga.
upravo sam na ovo na internetu naletio, mislim da smo o tome već pričali i zaključili kao da i nije baš, ali dajte recite koja bi mogla bit treća, ako je ovo četvrta

a našao sam nešto

On the self titled Iron Maiden Charlotte made her debut appearance in the song "Charlotte the Harlot", composed by guitarist Dave Murray.
Her second song was "22 Acacia Avenue" from The Number of the Beast (this time composed by Stever Harris and Adrian Smith). The title refers to the residence of Charlotte the Harlot and is a clear sequel where Charlotte is convinced to end her prostitution. The header for the lyrics in the album booklet state 'the continuing saga of Charlotte the Harlot'.
"Hooks In You" from No Prayer for the Dying is usually considered the third Charlotte song. However the only reference to Charlotte is of having the keys for "Number 22". It is worth noting that Adrian Smith, who co-wrote the song with Bruce Dickinson had been having problems with the style the band had been changing to in the 'Somewhere in Time' and 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son' albums and may deliberately have been going over themes from older songs to change this.
"From Here to Eternity" from Fear of the Dark concerns a Charlotte being seduced by a man and his motorcycle. It is inferred in the lyrics that Charlotte dies in this song, and this may be Harris wiping the slate clean. (Composed by Steve Harris).
While the latter two songs are clearly intended to reference the former two, they do not form any sort of clear narrative with them. The third one at least sticks to the concept of Charlotte being a prostitute, but links to the Charlotte in 'From Here to Eternity' are hard to see. It is likely Charlotte's adventures will not continue, due to the style of Maiden's music changing from this point onwards.

Paul Stenning, author of the Guns 'N Roses book "The Band That Time Forgot" and the AC/DC book "Two Sides to Every Glory", has posted an unpublished excerpt from his recently released 130,000-word biography on Iron Maiden, entitled "30 Years of the Beast - The Complete Biography 1976-2006", at this location.

Commented Stenning: "I am going to show you a part the publisher did not want in the book. I'll leave you to forge your own opinion and I would like to hear it.

"Now, I normally would not include anything written by anybody else for obvious reasons, but this was different and I was intending to use it as just an extra at the end of the last main chapter. Simply, this was proof to me of Maiden's ongoing, integral relationship with fans. I thought it should be in the book but it was not, so here it is."

"30 Years of the Beast - The Complete Biography 1976-2006" is described by the author as "the remarkable true story of Iron Maiden from the year of their inception to the present day. This is a painstakingly deep and accurate history of the band, told by the author — a lifelong Maiden fan — and a whole cast of characters who were there at the time. These include: Janick Gers, Bruce Dickinson, Steve Harris, Paul Di'Anno, Derek Riggs, Neal Kay, Dennis Stratton and many more."

Despite a previous report to the contrary, the Swedish low-fares airline Flyme has decided to not go through with its takeover of the British air carrier Astraeus (whose most high-profile pilot since 2003 has been Bruce Dickinson), reports DinaPengar.se. Instead Flyme will lease two airplanes from Astraeus. Thus Flyme will not be Dickinson's new employer.

When the stock exhange opened in Stockholm today, Flyme's stock immediately took a six percent dip.

Dickinson started flying as a co-pilot for British World on charter flights around the Mediterranean and to West Africa, before the airline folded at the end of 2001.

When a number of BWA executives launched their own airline, Astraeus, in January 2002, Dickinson went with them.

"The Classic Metal Show", heard live on Saturdays from 9:00 pm to 3:00 am EST and available online exclusively at www.theclassicmetalshow.com, has announced Nicko McBrain will be joining the program on Saturday, September 30.

Nicko will be checking in to talk about the band's latest release, "A Matter of Life and Death", as well as their upcoming world tour in support of the album.

Also scheduled to appear on the show are Century Media recording artists Brand New Sin and Auburn recording artists Wretch.

Although I can't reveal what the set will contain I think a lot of people will be literally 'blown away' by this show. Personally I can't wait to see it next week

ova rodova rečenica daje malo optimizma
nadam se da je tu mislio na pjesme

da, a i da zna set listu sigurno ju ne bi otkrio 2 tjedna prije.
danas ćemno saznati

na maiden site-u piše da je derek imao nekakvih zdrastvenih problema??? ili ih ima još uvijek??? :shock: :shock:
možda je to razlog prestanka suradnje

BoBo said:
Jer se previse unistavao s alkoholom i drogom.
jel se to zezaš ili zbilja misliš?

BoBo said:
Pogledajte spanjolsku verziju Run to the Hills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAXtmCOM8ds

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

dobra, dobra

arijana1807 said:
tan tan tan...
ej a zna se zasto je tocno otisao Clive? to me uvijek zanimalo

pa imaš o tome u early daysu nešto, a i pisali smo i mi nešto tu. ma u biti njtočnije ti je kako kažu u earky daysu. (samo što još možeš dodat da je bilo malo viška alkohola i ko zna čega još)

danas smo se ja i frend sa maiden majicama i pločom slkali kraj jednog skršenog srpskog tenks usred minskog polja i ruševina nadomak Zadru zajednom sa AMOLAD pločom u rkama. Sutra fotke.... P.S. Teren je otprilike isti kao na omotu, ako nađemo još četiri frenda snimit ćemo se isto kako izgleda omot plus kalašnjikov originala, a napravit ćemo crrossgun zastavu, te to nacrtati po tenku...

Back