Your feelings about the IM BB?

Cyrus

How do you feel about the IM BB nowadays?

Personally I think it's pretty boring there with the same boring threads day in and day out *yawn* There's absolutely no fun there, except late at night when the mods are sleeping. I have enjoyed so many "discussions" then :D

During tours however, it's good to be there to talk Maiden and share gig-experiences.

my opinon is that im bb is boring

to explain why. you can talk only abt maiden related stuff there and since there is only finite number of maiden related topics one gets pretty quickly tired of talking abt same things. i think that all of us are sick of that and that is why iron maiden section isn't so popular over here

MaidenMadness said:
my opinon is that im bb is boring

to explain why. you can talk only abt maiden related stuff there and since there is only finite number of maiden related topics one gets pretty quickly tired of talking abt same things. i think that all of us are sick of that and that is why iron maiden section isn't so popular over here
Your perspective is valid. Thanks for sharing.

I've been posting there for over 4 years now and I have to say that I still like the place, but a lot of the fun got taken out of it when General Chat was removed. Sure there were a lot of idiots that abused it. But at the end of the day you get idiots at all message boards...and you don't see the other boards closing down their general chat sections.

There was a time where I thought they were going to take the board away altogether.

I think it's been gradually going downhill. I just joined this forum today and alreadly I've been welcomed a number of times compared to the ZERO amount of times I was welcomed when I joined the Maiden BB.
The topics and polls are the same almost everyday, and just get really boring.
I look forward to posting and replying on this forum!!

Cheers :cheers:

Fox Mulder said:
I've been posting there for over 4 years now and I have to say that I still like the place, but a lot of the fun got taken out of it when General Chat was removed. Sure there were a lot of idiots that abused it. But at the end of the day you get idiots at all message boards...and you don't see the other boards closing down their general chat sections.

There was a time where I thought they were going to take the board away altogether.
so when was the first board created and why was it taken down? i registered in may 2003 for the first time so i'm a bit off track on this

Well, the BB gets pretty stale real quick. As you guys mention, there's only so many topics you can talk about with one band before it descends into "Best eyebrows" polls...... :roll:

I spend all my time either in the Music thread which is a lot more open-minded and less restrictive, or in the Spam-tastic thread with Frodo, Cyrus etc

Need to post more in here I guess.....I have let you all down and must repent :cheers:

ginger ninja said:
the Spam-tastic thread with Frodo, Cyrus etc
:shock: You forgot me!!! It's not spam!!!It's FREEEEEEDOOOOMM!!!!LOL LOL LOL

Well...anyway, i agree..."Maiden Talk" is becoming a bit repetitive...but i still like to check the place once in a while...i found good bootlegs and the two Lord Iffy's books that way!

I do spend more time in the Meets and Music sections.

Well...anyway, i agree..."Maiden Talk" is becoming a bit repetitive...but i still like to check the place once in a while...i found good bootlegs and the two Lord Iffy's books that way!

I do spend more time in the Meets and Music sections.[/quote]

Arrakis, shame on you!!! The Lord Iffy books are feckin terrible and you know it!!!

Really Ginger?
To tell you the truth i didn't even have the the time to print the feckin' books! So i didn't read them yet. I have a load of books in queue for reading firstly.

I can send the damn Iffy books to whoever wants them. I sent them to Frodo back in December.

Now Reading: "Atonement" by Ian MacEwan. It seems interesting but i'm having troubles in advancing.

ginger ninja said:
Well, the BB gets pretty stale real quick. As you guys mention, there's only so many topics you can talk about with one band before it descends into "Best eyebrows" polls...... :roll:

I spend all my time either in the Music thread which is a lot more open-minded and less restrictive, or in the Spam-tastic thread with Frodo, Cyrus etc

Need to post more in here I guess.....I have let you all down and must repent :cheers:

Spam? What spam? :err:

:D

I like the BB, it is a good way to kill some time. I do get a bit tired of all the Messiah threads The BB also is very clicky, reminds me of grade school sometimes. But I usually know what to expeect when I go there so it is all good

Back