Tour 2008 - somewhere back in time

Iron Maiden announce Western Canada dates
Published: March 17, 2008

From onstage last night (March 16th) at a packed Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson announced a series of arena shows in Western Canada for their eagerly anticipated "SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME -- WORLD TOUR 08". Tickets for Toronto having sold out months in advance, the band are delighted to announce they are returning to Canada this summer for further dates in the West in a number of cities they have not played for many years.

Tickets for all these shows will go on sale to the public Friday 28th March. A special pre-sale will be made available exclusively to members of the Iron Maiden fan club, for three days prior, commencing Tuesday 25th March. All shows are staging a special 'First to the Stage Barrier' privileged early admission for members of the Iron Maiden Fan club through an exclusive draw.

SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME -- WORLD TOUR 08' CANADA SUMMER TOUR DATES:

Tue 03 June - Pacific Coliseum Vancouver, BC
Thu 05 June - Saddledome Calgary, AB
Fri 06 June - Rexall Place Edmonton, AB
Sun 08 June - Brandt Center Regina, SK
Mon 09 June - MTS Centre Winnipeg, SK

I'll be getting my tickets for the Mansfield, Massachusetts show hopefully next Friday. I'm really looking forward to seeing Maiden again. I just hope they don't change the setlist.

metalwarrior220 said:
I'll be getting my tickets for the Mansfield, Massachusetts show hopefully next Friday. I'm really looking forward to seeing Maiden again. I just hope they don't change the setlist.

surely there's no chances for a change LOL LOL :|

metalwarrior220 said:
I think you're pretty safe LOL

metalwarrior220 said:

don't worry mate, they are too lazy...

hey men, the second part of the SBIT tour debute yesterday, and did you see the pics of the show :shock: :shock:

it's the comback of the big Eddie as a mummy behind the scene 8) 8) 8)

I just saw them last night and they were freakin' awesome. The setlist remained the same and the stage set also remained the same. I waited a long time to see the Powerslave stage set and it was great to hear many great songs that I've never heard live before last night. I had always wanted to hear Powerslave songs alongside Somewhere In Time songs and Seventh Son songs and I finally got my wish. It was also great to hear the earlier songs and Fear of the Dark as an added bonus. It was my fifth time seeing Iron Maiden live and my Iron Maiden adventure is not over becuase I want to hear the new songs live when they release the new album. Bruce already said last night that there will be a new Maiden album and I will hear those songs live. Lunarmile was also great and the music sounded to me like good old fashoned metal. My friend took his 8 year old son and both of them also had a great time. I also took many pictures with my new camera phone but I've got to get the USB cable so I can upload them. Anyways, I had a great time and Iron Maiden as always was great. However, I just still can't get enough Iron Maiden!

metalwarrior220 said:
I just saw them last night and they were freakin' awesome. The setlist remained the same and the stage set also remained the same. I waited a long time to see the Powerslave stage set and it was great to hear many great songs that I've never heard live before last night. I had always wanted to hear Powerslave songs alongside Somewhere In Time songs and Seventh Son songs and I finally got my wish. It was also great to hear the earlier songs and Fear of the Dark as an added bonus. It was my fifth time seeing Iron Maiden live and my Iron Maiden adventure is not over becuase I want to hear the new songs live when they release the new album. Bruce already said last night that there will be a new Maiden album and I will hear those songs live. Lunarmile was also great and the music sounded to me like good old fashoned metal. My friend took his 8 year old son and both of them also had a great time. I also took many pictures with my new camera phone but I've got to get the USB cable so I can upload them. Anyways, I had a great time and Iron Maiden as always was great. However, I just still can't get enough Iron Maiden!
Thats made me even more excited for next week :banana: :banana:

I worked on thw local crew for Maiden's gig in Trondheim and wondered if anyone knows how i might get in touch with the roadcrew?
Either the stage manager Bill or anyone else.

The concert was really great and i loved working there as well.
Missed the grand finale though...

Tinuviel said:
I worked on thw local crew for Maiden's gig in Trondheim and wondered if anyone knows how i might get in touch with the roadcrew?
Either the stage manager Bill or anyone else.

The concert was really great and i loved working there as well.
Missed the grand finale though...
It must have been great working for Maiden and I'm glad you had a great time. Did you get to meet anyone in the band?

metalwarrior220 said:
It must have been great working for Maiden and I'm glad you had a great time. Did you get to meet anyone in the band?

The entire band stood just a few feet away from me talking to some guys in their road crew outside the building where we(local crew) had our locker room.
I didn't run over and jump at them though.
Thought it wouldn't be the kind of thing they would appreciate half an hour before they were going on stage :p
And after the show they left at once so didn't get a chance to talk to them.
But it was a great experience and their road crew were a bit impressed by the girl driving a fork lift truck better than all the guys put together (YEAH!! That's me!!) :edmetal:

Back