Top-3 Iced earth albums

If we don't include Alive in Athens, these are my favourites and the only albums I have. LOL

1. The Dark Saga
-The first IE album I've bought. Great songs, great lyrics, great everything! IE is so powerful, especially in this album. My favourite album. And it is about my favourite comic-book hero.

2. Something Wicked This Way Comes
-Also powerful album, but not so great. There are some weak links and some of the power that was in the Dark Saga is not there.

3. Night of the Stormrider
-Only three a bit weaker songs, but the other ones are grrreat and also IE classics.

I've already preordered the upcoming album, the Glorious Burden. It will be released in europe 12. day of this month and I've heard it's a killer!

No never had the chance to hear any of their stuff :(

The link from the website takes me to two tracks, I died For You & Burning times. I'd say the second is a lot better than the first track.
As for voting on albums can't help you there but I will look out for em.
:wink:

rockin_plumber said:
The link from the website takes me to two tracks, I died For You & Burning times. I'd say the second is a lot better than the first track.

I think I Died For You is better. Dunno why.

As for voting on albums can't help you there but I will look out for em.
:wink:

Yes, you'd better do that. Iced Earth has done some Maiden-covers too, but their own material kicks ass. If you'd like to get lot's of their music cheap (not free), buy Alive in Athens. It includes most of the great songs.

rockin_plumber said:
Is the 3cd version worth getting or stick to the 2cd version :?

In the end of 3rd cd you hear the beginning of the trooper, so buy the 3cd version. ;)

Night of stormrider
Dark saga
Horror show

Very nice band !!!!!!!

Waiting for the next album next week with their new singer TIM OWENS !!

:edmetal: :edmetal:

the_nomad said:
Waiting for the next album next week with their new singer TIM OWENS !!

And to the ones who don't know who is Tim Owens, he is the former Judas Priest lead singer, who joined after Halford left the Priest. After Halford re-joined, Tim was kicked out and the lead man of Iced Earth, Jon Schaffer asked Tim to sing the vocals for the Glorious Burden and 'cause Tim liked the band, he joined Iced Earth.

This is what I've heard... :err:

Mm... maybe like this:

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Night of the Stormrider
Burnt Offerings

And we should not forget the 3CD -liveset which is quite awesome.

Hmm... Propably Night Of The Stormrider, The Dark Saga and Something Wicked This Way Comes are my favourites. The only things bothering me about Stormrider are weird drum sounds and a bad vocalist. Otherwise it's great, and the piano-outro sends shivers down my spine every time.

Limelight said:
The only things bothering me about Stormrider is a bad vocalist. .

But he's not even the worst IE-vocalist. Gene Adams is. Greelys voice doesn't really bother me.

ok, not counting Alive in Athens:

Night of the Stormrider - the IE masterpiece
Burnt Offerings - its all about the dark atmosphere and Matt's outstanding evil vocals! :evil:
The Dark Saga - I like this one, what can I say? :bananarock:

Back