Things I didn't know yesterday.......

afraidtoshooteddie

The french didn't invent the Guillotine. They adapted it from a Scottish Execution device called The MAIDEN

guillotine.jpg

The Earth has at least seven Moons. Apart from the big one we can all see, there are another six Near-Earth Asteroids which follow the earth around the sun. The first was discovered in 1997 and is called Cruithne, but six more have been identified since and may one day settle down into a regular orbit.

cruithne.jpg

Jaffa Cakes are not made from oranges. They are made from APRICOTS. The famous "orangey" jam is actually apricot pulp, sugar and a squirt of tangerine oil.

jaffa.jpg

James Bond's favourite drink was NOT vodka martini. Of Bond's 317 drinks in all the original Ian Fleming 007 books, he preferred whisky by a long way - he drinks 101glasses of it in all. Champagne is second (30 glasses) but he only ever has 19 Vodka Martinis.

afraidtoshooteddie said:
The french didn't invent the Guillotine. They adapted it from a Scottish Execution device called The MAIDEN

are you sure of that fraidy, coz the creator of the guillotine was called Guillotin :err:

:? I have to search :D

afraidtoshooteddie said:
He nicked the Idea from the Scots. :|

it seems you're not so wrong fraidy. but the thing is that the guillotine is inspired by the scot's maiden thing. Guillotine adapted one essential thing coz he changed the razor that was horizontal for a more inclined one to be sure that the head is cut at the first time without any suffering :wink:

wikipedia my love

Frenchy said:
it seems you're not so wrong fraidy. but the thing is that the guillotine is inspired by the scot's maiden thing. Guillotine adapted one essential thing coz he changed the razor that was horizontal for a more inclined one to be sure that the head is cut at the first time without any suffering :wink:

wikipedia my love

I said that in the original post too :|

rockin_plumber said:
Thats how I know :roll:

I was just sayin I didnt know yesturday :roll:

LOL LOL LOL

yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away .............

the U is so far than the E :err: LOL

The exact numbers and weights of the stone blocks in the Great Pyramid are unknown, because the core of the pyramid is built around an enormous natural rock of unknown dimensions. :)

When little_rockin doesn't wanna leave the park... HE MEANS IT :|

And if you pick him up.... guard the dingly danglies from the kicking feet :|

Back