NOW WATCHING?

There must be a reason that the book is so popular...The ones of you who don't like LOTR won't like other science-ficiton movies/books I suppose

The ones of you who dislike the LOTR movies, do they dislike starwars then...I think so :err:

the_nomad said:
yes and the most read in the world after Bible 8)

What he doesn't understand is the amount of work Tolkien put into his work. People think he only wrote The Silmarillion, Hobbit and LoTR. His work in unbelieveable! The detail is amazing!

It's in no way overrated!

I don't care if people don't t like it. That's fair, but to spew out comments like it's overrated, it not based on anything put pure ignorance.

Iron Monster said:
There must be a reason that the book is so popular...The ones of you who don't like LOTR won't like other science-ficiton movies/books I suppose

The ones of you who dislike the LOTR movies, do they dislike starwars then...I think so :err:
You are right :wink: ....I hate star wars :|

the_nomad said:
yes and the most read in the world after Bible 8)
just cause a lot of people read some book it doesn't mean its great......
compare it with music. a lot of people listen to britney spears for example. does that mean her music is great?

I'm the man 8)

But talking about people who hate science-fiction, about 95% of the girls/women I know hate Science-fiction, but about 95% of boys/men like it...Can it be coincedence...I don't think so

MaidenMadness said:
just cause a lot of people read some book it doesn't mean its great......
compare it with music. a lot of people listen to britney spears for example. does that mean her music is great?

Well it means that most people think it's great....

Cyrus said:
What he doesn't understand is the amount of work Tolkien put into his work. People think he only wrote The Silmarillion, Hobbit and LoTR. His work in unbelieveable! The detail is amazing!

It's in no way overrated!

I don't care if people don't t like it. That's fair, but to spew out comments like it's overrated, it not based on anything put pure ignorance.

you're right Cyr. the LOTR is the biggest part of his life and he had totally create a world but the meanings go far than a simple adventure. It's a big social work and people must know that to the beginning, the first idea was a poem for childs :shock:

the_nomad said:
you're right Cyr. the LOTR is the biggest part of his life and he had totally create a world but the meanings go far than a simple adventure. It's a big social work and people must know that to the beginning, the first idea was a poem for childs :shock:

And the languages he created, with grammar and the whole works! :shock: It's just amazing!

I wish I could learn Elvish!

Iron Monster said:
Indeed, I didn't see your IMO, my apologies
I missed your post too cyrus :oops:

I wouldn't say that it is overrated....just bloody long!!.....I can see why people like them, I did enjoy the parts of the film that I did see, but I was shattered...it was when I still had my own business...maybe I'll give them another go :wink:

but I know I hate Star Wars :D

wicker nomad said:

I wouldn't say that it is overrated....just bloody long!!.....I can see why people like them, I did enjoy the parts of the film that I did see, but I was shattered...it was when I still had my own business...maybe I'll give them another go :wink:

what was your business

my mum owned a jewelry business not long ago :D

wicker nomad said:

I think it was too short LOL There was so much more he could have put into those movies, but it just wasn't possible :)

I admit, when I saw RoTK at the cinema, my ass was a bit sore :P But it was totally worth it, because the movie was so good! :D

the_nomad said:
and you stole jewels to buy scanner, phones and consoles :D
:err:

i got a couple of wristbands now and then
it was mainly like body jewelery like belly bars and eye brow bars
some silly tart stole some stuff
it didn't cost loads but we had it on film
she nicked some eyebrow bars (straight bars of metal) and put them in her belly button (which requires bent metal bar) it ripped her from one hole to the other
serves her right LOL

at this point we must thank Peter Jackson for his great work on the trilogy.

No one wanted to do it, studios were afraid by this adventure and he proved he was a master :banana: :banana:

I'm waiting with impatience his new KING KONG :D

manic said:
what was your business

my mum owned a jewelry business not long ago :D
An Off Licence :D

I couldn't cope with it as well as Jakes terrible sleeping :( I was in partnership with my sister, so she bought me out.

I still work there a couple of times a week....but with none of the stress of owning it 8)

Back