Maiden-fans against racism

"Neither myself nor the Mods have the time or the inclination to follow all the board 'politics' or the campaigns of various groups organised off-board to come and stir up trouble. Hope you're happy with the outcome." - Skunk

Thanks for taking away all that suff guys. Keep up the good work :roll:

I would probably sign it if I was able to see problematic threads. But now fight box is gone for good.

I had seen a few threads where there were racist epitephs used against people, also homophobic remarks. Those threads were completely deleted. As for the Rep. point system- lots of people were 'trading' rep points- so some were banned temporarily (more than one person too). Those threads were deleted too.
I believe in freedom of speech wholeheartedly, the only reason why I signed the petition was because I don't think it's right to punish someone for trading reps and not punish them for personally attacking someone for their race, religion, or creed. Considering that such attacks are against the Board's rules. :|

EvilCheeseWedge said:
"Neither myself nor the Mods have the time or the inclination to follow all the board 'politics' or the campaigns of various groups organised off-board to come and stir up trouble. Hope you're happy with the outcome." - Skunk

Thanks for taking away all that suff guys. Keep up the good work :roll:

You're welcome :banana:

If the Racism continues, I'll still send the petition

rockin_plumber said:
Goddam bunch of little hitlers :x

When I get back I'll have to tell Skunk how incompetent she is

She's saying that the racist comments saying Arabs should be exterminated, that were reported and not even deleted were not the problem, but simply the people complaining about the way the moderators moderated such things was the problem.

Someone's trying to pass on all the blame for incompetence...
she can't even keep the board running as smoothly as it should be

Tony The Tiger said:

She's saying that the racist comments saying Arabs should be exterminated, that were reported and not even deleted were not the problem, but simply the people complaining about the way the moderators moderated such things was the problem.

i am not defending anyone but you must also understand that running such a busy place can't be an easy job. but there have been a lot of HUGE mistakes made by her(when imbb was down for a couple of days a little while age her explenation "nobody told me about it " :roll:) what am i saying is that you can't blame it all on skunk. mods are the ones that must take well abt 70% of the blame for the state imbb is in now

MaidenMadness said:
i am not defending anyone but you must also understand that running such a busy place can't be an easy job. but there have been a lot of HUGE mistakes made by her(when imbb was down for a couple of days a little while age her explenation "nobody told me about it " :roll:) what am i saying is that you can't blame it all on skunk. mods are the ones that must take well abt 70% of the blame for the state imbb is in now

Mods can't be blamed when many of them were saying they would deal with it but don't have the right to.

This has been discussed by various people with various mods and they were basically saying that they cannot deal with it without Skunks consent.

She is the paid member who is paid to keep the board running smoothly and keep it running, as doing so brings money to the band. It is not smooth and it does not stay up, she is the worst administrator of any board which is paid for that I have ever seen, and I've seen many.

Tony The Tiger said:

With any luck, they won't let you back in. Why they even let you back on the new board when you were banned on the old one is beyond me. You people know how the IMBB is adminstered, they never deal with the problems, they just delete an entire forum. Hey, if you complain enough, they might shutdown the whole thing.

Back