General Football Thread

Saturday, 21 December. European champions Manchester United win the 2008 F.I.F.A. Club World Cup after beating South American champions L.D.U. Quito 1-0 in the Final at Yokohama's International Stadium courtesy of Wayne Rooney's 73rd-minute goal. The Red Devils went down to 10 men after Nemanja Vidić was red-carded in the 49th minute by Uzbek referee Ravshan Irmatov for elbowing Quito's Claudio Bieler and during the trophy presentation the Golden Ball and Best Player award went to Rooney while the Silver Ball went to his teammate Cristiano Ronaldo and the Bronze Ball went to Quito's Damián Manso while 3rd place went to Asian champions Gamba Osaka, who beat North American champions Pachuca 1-0 earlier before the Final.

Manchester_United_2008_F_I_F_A_Club_World_Cup.jpg

Big match for Reading tonite...

Maybe if they stay in the championship next season.........

....& the Geordies go down we better have a Coca-Cola Championship thread to accomodate the inferior 2nd tier of football...

rockin_plumber said:
Big match for Reading tonite...

Maybe if they stay in the championship next season.........

....& the Geordies go down we better have a Coca-Cola Championship thread to accomodate the inferior 2nd tier of football...

LOL LOL deadman reackons forgon conclusion for us tonite he best have his fingers toes an god wot else crossed!!!!!!! :D

missdeath said:
LOL LOL deadman reackons forgon conclusion for us tonite he best have his fingers toes an god wot else crossed!!!!!!! :D

I think he may have another game to worry about tonite :err:

Good result for Reading then.....
Guaranteed a playoff place....
But beat Birmngham on Sunday and its automatic promotion then....

Should be good to watch :D

rockin_plumber said:
Good result for Reading then.....
Guaranteed a playoff place....
But beat Birmngham on Sunday and its automatic promotion then....

Should be good to watch :D
I'm soooo excited :banana:

Glad someones excited.... :x :x :x Messiahs :suck: Overpaid Mercenaries....None of them care...How can Owen, Martins, Bassong, Duff, Collocini expect to play in the premier after we go down with Fukin escape clauses....when they are proving they are Championshit players..they may as well stay...prob watch your game sunday Missy...be more exciting than watching Rockys lot Hump us all over Anfield :x :x :x :x

Deadman Rockin said:
Glad someones excited.... :x :x :x Messiahs :suck: Overpaid Mercenaries....None of them care...How can Owen, Martins, Bassong, Duff, Collocini expect to play in the premier after we go down with Fukin escape clauses....when they are proving they are Championshit players..they may as well stay...prob watch your game sunday Missy...be more exciting than watching Rockys lot Hump us all over Anfield :x :x :x :x

ahh i do feel 4 u :) yeah best watch my game :D

missdeath said:
Deadman Rockin said:

ahh i do feel 4 u :) yeah best watch my game :D

Reckon i might 8)

Oh dear missdeath.........

1-0 down in the first leg then..........

Bikey gives away a needlesss pen for a shirt pull....

Then gets sent off in the 94th minutes for stampin on someone...
Gets all angry and rips off his shirt...
Could be in trouble LOL

Back