For the Greater Good of God?

Revontulet said:
I heard a very interesting thing last night..i think it fits in with the Corru-ption and the fact that it's Cain killing Able and the fact its easier for them to get suduced by Satan:
"The closer you come to God the closer you are to the Devil's temptations"

I found it interestin.

Nonononononononono. How does that even make sense? "the closer you come to God the closer you are to the Devil's temptations" ... what the hell. Come on man, God and the devil are on two severe ends of spectrums. Your goal being the god side. No one wants to be in pure isolation for the rest of eternity.

okay then....
Right, the quote was written like that but maybe it needs elaborating on.

The closer you come to God the more you become a target for Satan's temptations. The more you turn to God, the more Satan will do to you to turn you away.

I guess its the same with Job, he was one of God's devoted and Satan put him through so much suffering so he lost everything. But he still didn't renounce God. I'm just saying, since Job was such a devoted man to God, he got everything thrown at him by Satan.

So the point I said was right!

haha, no darlin. You weren't right.

Being closer to God makes you stronger, and able to ignore anything that affects your life negativly.

Lucifer was the prominent archangel in heaven, Before he felt the need to rebel against God. When he, Lucifer was cast out of heaven, along with a third of the heavenly host, and came to live on the world.

Hey...I was right!
I said you become a target for Satan..Like Job!
I didn't mention anything about you become less or more stronger!

And I already know about Satan being the Archangel in Heaven!

You can't honestly believe that you can have a positive without a negative? You can't have all the goods in life, without working for them.
Job had everything removed from him. He started that story with thousands of camels and sheep and whatever else. He was wealthy. So Satan decided to test his faith by removing everything.
But Job loved God.
The point of Job's story was to deepen your faith. To show the extent of God's omnipotence.

They wanted to show you the reults of questioning Gods actions.

Something that also works well with this whole debate, the book of Job was supposed to make you understand God's justice

Man, it doesn't matter if you're "targeted" or not.

Canada is a target for the middle east. It doesnt' matter that they aren't mad at us right now..

Hell you're a target for me, but I'm not tempting you.

Remember that heaven and hell aren't literal. And neither is the forces of God and the Devil.

sign0015.gif

What so we dont get hurt?

Okay then...how can they hurt us if these forces aren't literal?!
So why are we told to fear them?

Revontulet said:
What so we dont get hurt?

Okay then...how can they hurt us if these forces aren't literal?!
So why are we told to fear them?

Alright, you're making this alot more difficult than it should be.

We are told to adore Him and respect Him. When religious figures and followers submit to his greatness, it shows our respect to him.
(In the same way a kid would listen to their parents, when they say not to touch a hot pot.)
In religion, God will bless us when we respect and love him, and he will judge us when we disrespect him.
The fear of God, is having reverence that comes from experianceing God's power directly in our own life.
When God's awesome power is fully understood, by having something happen in your life, you can only start to fear his power, to know what they could fully extend to.

This thread has really baffled me :err:

Robbie Fowler, born 9 April 1975, and commonly known as "God"
by Liverpool F.C. supporters, is an English footballer who currently plays
as a striker for Liverpool F.C.

I thing he is an ok guy :?

rockin_plumber said:
This thread has really baffled me :err:

Robbie Fowler, born 9 April 1975, and commonly known as "God"
by Liverpool F.C. supporters, is an English footballer who currently plays
as a striker for Liverpool F.C.

I thing he is an ok guy :?
That just proves that the lord moves in mysterious ways LOL