For the Greater Good of God?

Revontulet

I've just been listening to the song For the Greater Good of God and I have to agree with what they're saying.

Religion has been the highest cause for War in history.

Am I the only one who thinks this strange since God is supposed to be someone who wishes peace upon the world and he actually made blood sacrifice..well illegal (not the right word but same idea).

Am I the only one a little confused here?

Revontulet said:
Am I the only one who thinks this strange since God is supposed to be someone who wishes peace upon the world and he actually made blood sacrifice..well illegal (not the right word but same idea).

Am I the only one a little confused here?

Religion is a load of crap.

Basically, in a nutshell , the bible say's worship god or be Damned. Praise me or go to hell. :|

That sux.

Yeah...But do you notice that Christianity was never a choice religon for close enough all the popualtion?
It was forced upon people.

Now I think that is wrong.
Very wrong!

Of course it was the most contriversial thing, Especially when you hit back even 50 years ago, people lived by their religion, it's what they were proud of.

And, alright Afriadtoshooteddie, Maybe it is all a hoax, maybe God isn't real.

But what if he is, what if the second comming happens?

That's the problem isn't it!

He (or she who knows?!) might actually exist...maybe not called God, but hey, the bible does say that he has many names!

But what if all these Bible goers in the churchs, saying that the path to God is the path to rightousness are wrong?

They say that God rested on the seventh day right? But what if God's idea of a day is different to ours? If his days are governed by a turn of the universe?
What if he hasn't woken up yet and the one that these people have been worshipping has in fact been Satan, marly in the guise of a god?
Why else would everyone have the sudden urge to wipe out an entire nation to prove their 'God' is the greatest?

The only 'real' sin, is denying God. Real, as in the unforgivable one.

The fear is, that if you deny god, you wont be with him. You'll be with the devil for the rest of eternity.
Not so bad, right? Wrong. It will feel like solitude for the rest of your life. Which, as we know is the worst thing possible.

So most people believe in God because of the Awe and Piety aspect. Theyd prefer not to be damned for all time because of believeing in another thing.

It's very true. That is it..everyone fears the idea of spending eternity alone...whether in the cold pits of Hel or the blistering heats of Hell..it doesn't matter..it's the idea of eternity.

But i still believe that no religon should be followed in fear. It's just not right.

I guess I used the wrong word. Piety, or awe and wonder. It's amazing, if, he did what he did. It' s beyond our thught process.

I understand. The very thought of something so larger than ourselves...that created us and the world around us, down the smallest microbe or the smallest cell...it's amazing.

I guess all those idiots doing science and trying to clone a human being just dont like tha idea that they are NOT the greatest thing in the bloody universe!

Revontulet said:
I understand. The very thought of something so larger than ourselves...that created us and the world around us, down the smallest microbe or the smallest cell...it's amazing.

I guess all those idiots doing science and trying to clone a human being just dont like tha idea that they are NOT the greatest thing in the bloody universe!

I think that's half the problem. Science has evolved so far, that it can't imagine everything has an origion.

untitled.jpg

Try that one science geeks. You can't tell me that something of higher power didn't do that.

Religion is a load of crap.

Basically, in a nutshell , the bible say's worship god or be Damned. Praise me or go to hell.

thats exactly what i believe, how its "worship this one man or be damned for eternity". and whats even worse is the people who sell god for money.

But my so called friends they're making me a joke
They missed out what I said like I never spoke
They choose what they wanna hear - don't tell a lie
They just leave out the truth as they're watching you die
Saving your soul by taking your money

Jimmy Reptile and all his friends
Say their gonna be with you at the end
Burning records burning books
Holy soldiers, Nazi looks
Crocodile smiles, just wait a while

Jimmy Swagart is one of the best examples, and the whole "holiness" of catholics and shit like that? let me ask you something, if you guys are so holy why are all the priests screwing little boys? nobody has an answer? shocking. :shock: it truley is.

well done!

That's bloody true

It's disgusting that they do that!!
They call themselves Men of God! They deserve to be shot.

And yes it's disgusting that people try to sell God..when did following a religion start becoming an expense?!
it's rediculous!

What are you guys talking about. Sure there's a few corrupt priests. There's always corruption... Anyone remember Hitler? Yea? he was pretty corrupt.

The people aren't god guys. Just beause some men of the Church are not followers, doesn't mean all are.

lets put it in perspective. Because hitler was a fag hating, jew hating bastard, all German people must be. Riiiiight. :|

True..it's just annoying that most corruption seems to be in the church...Cromwell was pretty annoying but Jeez that guy was right!
These people read the bible and follow it..yet the churches are covered in craven images...isn't that a sin?

And your right...not everyone is corrupt..it's just it somehow makes it worse that these people who do these things are supposed to follow God.

I dunno...i just hate it either way

A lot of things in religion just make me angry...but there are people out there who follow god and are the best people in the world you can ever meet.

I just get annoyed when people do terrible things to others and claim.."Their God told them to"

I respect religion. I infact admire most of it.

So what if it has its mess ups. It may have created war upon war. But it also has the power to make people come together and love in a way that they never were able to before.

But that isn't the religions fault.

Because you have people who have taken religion too far.

When the bible was written, weather you believe in God or not. It was basically re-stating morals.

"Don't kill people, don't sleep with your neighbours wife, don't steal."

Yes, How dare people write down what happened to a man, weather he's immortal or not, abuot morals.

Yeah..I think the basic answer is that the problem is a human error...religion itself just got caught up in the controversy

Back