Fav . Female Vocalist .......

Cyrus said:
sm06.gif

Man-you've really got a big white ass
str.gif

SexyDevilGirl said:
Yes-I am indeed pale. But at least I have a cute ass. :p

:roll:

You're not pale...I was joking. But I can't really say anything about your ass. I haven't seen it :?

wicker nomad said:
Sorry SDG, I have to agree with Cyrus....Sades voice makes me cringe :oops:

That's okay. Not everyone likes the same things. What a terribly boring world this would be if we were all the same. :)

wicker nomad said:
Sorry SDG, I have to agree with Cyrus....Sades voice makes me cringe :oops:

I have to say, that although i haven't got any of her material, i think Sade has a fantastic voice. It's really odd isn't it, i guess it comes down to personal taste

I think Alison Moyet has a fantastic voice, it blows me away when i hear it, its so soulfull. But then i think Janet Jackson has a teriffic voice.

What i can't stand is that "Wailing nonsense", god it makes me cringe :x . Like Whitney Houston or bloody Celine Dion. I have to say its very hard for me to pick a female vocalist that i would rate above anyone who's popped on to the scene in the last 3 years :?

I think Annie Lennox has an amazing voice, but i also think Skin ( formerly of Skunk Anansie) is brilliant. Having said that, i still think the most beautiful female singing voice i've ever heard is Karen Carpenter :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I don't possess the verbal mechanics to describe how incredible her voice was :(

Bockaaarck said:
I have to say, that although i haven't got any of her material, i think Sade has a fantastic voice. It's really odd isn't it, i guess it comes down to personal taste

I think Alison Moyet has a fantastic voice, it blows me away when i hear it, its so soulfull. But then i think Janet Jackson has a teriffic voice.

What i can't stand is that "Wailing nonsense", god it makes me cringe :x . Like Whitney Houston or bloody Celine Dion. I have to say its very hard for me to pick a female vocalist that i would rate above anyone who's popped on to the scene in the last 3 years :?

I think Annie Lennox has an amazing voice, but i also think Skin ( formerly of Skunk Anansie) is brilliant. Having said that, i still think the most beautiful female singing voice i've ever heard is Karen Carpenter :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I don't possess the verbal mechanics to describe how incredible her voice was :(

Karen Carpenter had the voice of an Angel. I also don't like Celine Dion-and can not believe that people are paying over $1500 to see her perform. :shock:

SexyDevilGirl said:
Karen Carpenter had the voice of an Angel. I also don't like Celine Dion-and can not believe that people are paying over $1500 to see her perform. :shock:

It's weird isn't it :? We moan about having to pay £25 or $50 to see Iron Maiden, in whatever country they're performing. But when you compare that to someone like Celine Dion, in somewhee like Madison Square Gardens at $250, i think "What the fuck is all that about???"

I guess she has massive selling power, as far as the recod company are concerned. But why can you go and see a well known band ( say..... 15 years history, not mainstream, but a solid fan base, maybe Funk, Blues, Rock or Jazz based, whatever) and it costs me £20 - $38 rather than £120 - $250 for an individual artiste ( i use the word "artiste" in very loose terms :err: )

It makes i furious :x :x :x

Bockaaarck said:
It's weird isn't it :? We moan about having to pay £25 or $50 to see Iron Maiden, in whatever country they're performing. But when you compare that to someone like Celine Dion, in somewhee like Madison Square Gardens at $250, i think "What the fuck is all that about???"

I guess she has massive selling power, as far as the recod company are concerned. But why can you go and see a well known band ( say..... 15 years history, not mainstream, but a solid fan base, maybe Funk, Blues, Rock or Jazz based, whatever) and it costs me £20 - $38 rather than £120 - $250 for an individual artiste ( i use the word "artiste" in very loose terms :err: )

It makes i furious :x :x :x

People in Las Vegas are paying up $2000 to see her perform. I'm sorry-but I would not pay that for some show where all she sings is love songs and that damn Titanic song. :x
I can not bring myself to call any one who has nothing to do with the actual creation of the songs they perform an Artist. Most of these Pop performers only sing the songs-they did not help to create them. That makes the music empty to me. :|

SexyDevilGirl said:
People in Las Vegas are paying up $2000 to see her perform. I'm sorry-but I would not pay that for some show where all she sings is love songs and that damn Titanic song. :x
I can not bring myself to call any one who has nothing to do with the actual creation of the songs they perform an Artist. Most of these Pop performers only sing the songs-they did not help to create them. That makes the music empty to me. :|
17.gif%20

SexyDevilGirl said:

I know what you're saying, but then when you look back and think about it, Mozart, Bach, Glen Miller, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Stevie Wonder..... etc, etc i guess there does come a point when a common denominator takes over, and no doubt some artists feel that is......"is it financially viable for me to continue what i'm doing, writing the music i want to write, performing to the people i want to perform to......or should i, for the sake of economics, consider writing, singing, selling music, that "They..the People" want to hear?

I'm not saying its right, but i can understand some people doing that ( Especially the talentless, weak willed, wailing, puppy-dog eyed, waistrell, nonsense, pretend pop star, bloody dollar and dime merchants) if thy feel that its right for them :err:

wankers :D

LOL True. But then I have had people tell me I'm nuts because I've driven 700 miles one way through the Desert at the height of the dry season-spent hundreds of dollars-just to see Maiden. I guess it's what the individual wants.
:)

Back