Cool things about where you live

Alright, is there anything cool or famous about where you live? Whether it be the town you live in or surrounding towns?

In the town next to mine, there is a little camp called Camp No-Be-Bos-Co (I know, crazy name). But there's something cool about this camp: it's the camp where the first Friday The 13th movie was filmed. Sweet!

How about where you live?

well in a flat under mine lives former wife of zdravko mamic, a vice president of croatian secound biggest football club NK Dinamo Zagreb....that's most famous person that lives near me

EDIT: that woman is so crazy that HE left her :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

SirLardsAlot said:
Cool!

Also, actress Mimi Rogers lives in another town next to mine. And Harrison Ford owns a house about 20 minutes from where I live.
and tony soprano lives in new jersey

does patrick elias live in NJ? or martin brodeaur? or scott neidermayer?

MaidenMadness said:
and tony soprano lives in new jersey
Hehe.

does patrick elias live in NJ? or martin brodeaur? or scott neidermayer?
Probably, since they're on the Jersey Devils. But not around me. This thread is about things about your town or towns next to yours :D

I live in a shitty little town where nothing cool has ever happened and probably never will :|

At least it's quiet :D

I live in L.A.- too many famous people live here :x Traffic going in to work is awful because of all the film crews, they've even woken me up with all their noise and bright lights :x

My stepfather worked for a moving/ storage company in Hollywood. Alot of musicians and actors were his customers, they used to give him stuff to give to me because I like Metal. I've met several bands- but was happiest meeting Glenn Danzig he gave me a huge stage prop :evil:

A restaurant I hung out and did some work for had alot of famous regulars- Tarantino is a weirdo :x

SirLardsAlot said:
Probably, since they're on the Jersey Devils. But not around me. This thread is about things about your town or towns next to yours :D
well then

i live in a centre of zagreb(well almost centre) . and evey croat that is sth has at least a flat in zagreb so i can say that all important croats have flats or houses in my town

I live in Cheddar, yep, that's right, Cheddar as in Cheddar Cheese. Famousfor the Cheese and the gorge as well. But not only that :shock: ( i can tell you're already impressed :wink: )

http://www.cheddarsomerset.co.uk/History/Cheddar Man.htm

That's right :eek: the descendant of this 9000 year old caveman lives in Cheddar village, and he taught me history at school. He's a very nice man as well, called Adrian Targett :D

I live in Plymouth (the real one, not the fake one in America) and I'm not too sure about famous people from around here or any 'cool' stuff but there's plenty of interesting history about this city, but a lot of it seems to have slipped my mind.
I'm sure for most people Plymouth is famous as being the port from which the Pilgrims set sail for America. Then theres also Sir Francis Drake (defeated the Spanish Armada) and a whole load of other explorers and mariners that have based themselves around Plymouth, probably because of its location, which is the main reason why we have a Naval base here with Nuclear subs and stuff like that. Quite ironic that I live in a city with such strong connections with the sea yet I can't swim. :shock:

Anyway... Plymouth has lots of history, but we would have a lot more today if the Nazis hadn't bombed the shit out of us in WW2. After the war, most of the city was completely rebuilt, but being the 50s and 60s the design was shit and most of the city centre is just plain ugly. So now they're supposed to be pulling a lot of it down and redeveloping it (so now it looks like the 1940s again) so they can build a mall for all the little Mallcore kiddies to hang out at.

In my town is most alcoholist's (not the ordinary nice alcoholist's, these are the ones who drink even nailpolisher-liquids and stuff) in Finland... Like in prosentual, related to the population, you know...

Nothings cool here coz of that fukin Cathedral we have :x nothing is
allowed to happen "we wouldn't want it spoiling peoples views of the
lovely spire"

Fuk the Spire :x :x :x :x :x :x

rockin_plumber said:
Nothings cool here coz of that fukin Cathedral we have :x nothing is
allowed to happen "we wouldn't want it spoiling peoples views of the
lovely spire"

Fuk the Spire :x :x :x :x :x :x
You don't wanna mess with the spire ....

spire.jpg

Once one is created, you can make Mutalisks ....

mutalisk.gif

Back