Birmingham N.E.C Review

The Crowd were all very excited and suddenly the intro of "Doctor Doctor" started . Everyone seemed to think it was just another song played back to fill in between bands . The song finished and suddenly the amazing intro tape started and everyone stood up , the lights were great for the intro . Nicko counted in with 1-2-3 for wildest dreams and a sea of devil horns rose up and the crowd were screaming like hell and suddenly they all appeared with a burst of energy on the stage . Wildest dreams worked great as an opening song . Wrathchild was a crowd pleaser as normal.Can i paly play with madness in my opinion actually worked great! it was a real sing a long with great atmosphere . Next came "The Trooper" which sounded amazing , the crowd sang along as usual . Dance Of Death and Rainmaker sounded great live . Dance Of Death was a little slower live which made it sound great , Rainmaker was great but you couldnt really hear davey in it . Brave New World sounded great . Then a sound of guns and exploding shells was played back , Yes it you guessed it , its Paschendale time , It sounded great , the 8 minutes flew by . Adrian proved he was human by fucking up the guitar tapping at the beginning . Lord Of The Flies despite what everyone had said SOUNDED AMAZING!!! The chorus was the real great bit . No More Lies was good but wasnt great , Chorus again sounded best . Hallowed Be Thy Name and Fear Of The Dark both great as usual . "Birmingham , you will never pay a cheaper 25 quid to stare in the face and live" said Bruce Dickinson during iron maiden and out came the grim reaper eddie which was "The" best eddie ever !!! there was about a four minute break and bruce re-appeared and journeyman started , The N.E.C crowd sang along and they were on fire!!!!! . Next came the biggest responce from the crowd as the speaking part of Number Of The Beast started and the crowd went wild!! the band paused for a moment . "What do you want us to paly next" said Bruce and the crowd willingly shouted "Run To The Hills!" so the drum intro started and the song went and everyone sang the chorus and bridge and...everything! the band finsihed there set with a blast , crash and rock . I Had a good view i was in row H in block G if you reply to this thread please tell me were you were sitting . MAIDEN YOU WERE ON FIRE LAST NIGHT AND LONG SHALL YOU TOUR AND MAKE ALBUMS!!!!!

UP THE FUCKIN` IRONS!!!!

P.S Also if you have any pics of the whole crowd please post them.

Back