Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quest For Fire

• Sun And Steel

• To Tame A Land

• Total voters
all of them , i can't decide , it is too difficult because this album is in my opinion one of the greatest metal albums ever. but if i must vote i'll vote for REVELATIONS :wink:

The Trooper! :banana: :fist: :metal: Flight Of Icarus is awsome too but The Trooper's better to me :headbang:

Revelations is the winner. Trooper is more iconic, and I've probably listened to Flight of Icarus more than most other Maiden songs, but just in terms of quality, Revelations wins.

That said, it's not my favorite overall Maiden song, but it is a very good one.

And Where Eagles Dare is good, but it's one-upped by Aces High from the next album in their catalogue.

who cares anymore Maiden doesnt they didnt play even 1 song from that classic album last night in Toronto !!!!
all new stuff that sounded all the same !!!!!

Dave29 said:
who cares anymore Maiden doesnt they didnt play even 1 song from that classic album last night in Toronto !!!!
all new stuff that sounded all the same !!!!!

Next tour.......... early days part 2........... :roll:

Wont matter to me they wont get my money any more after last night...
the sad thing is I told my wife it would be a great show and yeah of course they will play all the great older songs she loves, it was her first time seeing them....not mine but hers and both of our last times .....
they can kiss my ass as far as Im concerned I dont pay $75.00 each to test their new cd for them, I can buy it for $14 I like to hear songs for a year os so before I hear them live for the first time....couldnt even understand the words Bruce was singing anyway...the best performance of the night was Hallowed....could have been a great show all I have now are bad memories of a once great band .....

Dave29 said:
Wont matter to me they wont get my money any more after last night...
the sad thing is I told my wife it would be a great show and yeah of course they will play all the great older songs she loves, it was her first time seeing them....not mine but hers and both of our last times .....
they can kiss my ass as far as Im concerned I dont pay $75.00 each to test their new cd for them, I can buy it for $14 I like to hear songs for a year os so before I hear them live for the first time....couldnt even understand the words Bruce was singing anyway...the best performance of the night was Hallowed....could have been a great show all I have now are bad memories of a once great band .....

Well its a shame you're dissapointed and its a real pity that for you and your wife there weren't really any of the older classic tracks.

But lets look at some details surrounding this tour and what you've said.

The band have just released their new album "A Matter Of Life Or Death", the details are all over the bands website, from where you could possibly have got an indication that they may play a selection (4-5 tracks say) from the new album. They were bound to play at least 4-5 tracks from it, they always do from a new album. An example of that would be the Dance Of Death tour, where they played a good selection of material from the new album.

So you could have, or "should" have assumed that they would play a significant number of tracks from the new album. And the tour is happening because they have a new album out, so it stands to reason that new material is being played. As a fan of the album you of course bought the new album when it was released. You wanted to make sure you checked out the new material and got familiar with it like any fan would before the tour arrived so that you would be familiar with the material when it was played...........or maybe you didn't do those things, like a fan of the band would do :|

Well you spent a lot of money on the tickets because you really wanted to see the band live, knowing of course that after you'd done some research, there was going to be some new material played. I say after having done some research because if i'm going to pay out a substantial amount of money i like to have a rough idea of what i'm getting. You know, like buying the new album and having an idea of what some of it sounds like.

That way i could decide if i liked it and then decide if i wanted to go to see the tour.I would think "I'm not so sure i like this album" or i would think "i love this new album, its great" and that would influence my decision on going to see the tour. Because i would "assume", if i was a reasonably minded human being and a fan of the band that "THEY MIGHT PLAY SOMETHING FROM THE NEW ALBUM !!!!"

And then i'd perhaps have a look at "Maiden Fans" or maybe Blabbermouth or any other number of sites to have a look to see what the impression was of what they may be playing on the tour was going to be, or maybe even join a board to see what the set list was, just to check and see what they intended to play. Then i'd be fairly informed and it would be up to me if i took the risk and bought 2 gig tickets knowing or "assuming" that i had a rough idea of what the set might be.

Then i'd go to the gig, or choose not to, having made sure i was "informed" and knowing i had at least "made some effort" to know what the state of play was before i went. Lets "assume" i made the decision to go the gig, i would stand there and enjoy the music and perhaps after Bruce made and announcement about the fact they were playing the whole album i'd be surprised and a little excited......but not dissapointed.

I mean for gods sake, how long have you been a fan ? (since 1981 for me, so a good number of years). I'd be there thinking "actually do i really want to hear "Run To The Hills", "The Trooper" and bloody "Wrathchild" again......no i don't actually". Mainly because great as they are, its bloody boring hearing them all the time at a live gig, and i've been to a few.......so i'd actually end up being excited and happy they were going to, or had played the enitre new album live.

So that's the way i'd approach it and i appreciate that of course perhaps we would approach things in a slightly different way. But i will say one thing i wouldn't have done, i wouldn't have......."...told my wife it would be a great show and yeah of course they will play all the great older songs she loves...". Why would you do that when you had no idea what they were going to play??? Unless of course you were in the band, part of the tour crew or even the management. Why would you "assume" what the band was going to play live on stage??? Unless of course you'd done some of the things that i had done, bought the new album, done a little bit of research etc before i bought the tickets?

I can't understand why, if you are willing to spend a lot of "$" on going to see a band live, which i "assume" you like, why you wouldn't have made some effort like i did and do some research. And then if you had decided to go and see the band that you went accepting they may well play a selection of material from the new album or indeed do a whole gig playing entirely the new album!!!

I'm afriad you cannot blame the band for your lack of enjoyment. You only have yourself to blame, i feel sorry for your wife more than you. Especially knowing that you were too lazy to make any affort and that she "assumed" you knew what you were talking about, when in reality all you'd done is assumed "you" knew what you were talking about.

As i said at the begining its a shame you didn't enjoy the show. Its a pity that your wife didn't enjoy it, i "assume" that is the case. However i think you'll find after having done the "Give Me Ed" tour and the "Early Days Tour" recently that Maiden may do a tour of the "Powerslave" "Somewhere In Time" etc etc material in the next couple of years, maybe 2008/2009. Perhaps you will decide to go and see them then and enjoy them playing "classic" tracks live, i know i will go and see them.

But i might just do some research before i buy the tickets......

Bocky. As you know I am not looking forward to this tour. For the first time in my life I am not looking forward to seeing Iron maiden.
Your argument is flawed.
As you said, it is the AMOLAD tour, fine, but as in the past you could guarantee that if you didn't like the new album, you could still go to the show sit through 4 0r 5 songs you don't like and then enjoy the rest of the show. At least they mixed the songs in a bit so the Paying fans were kept interested (Seventh tour, all but 2 songs off new album played, but mixed up with olod songs). This time If you don't like the new album you are fucked, At least for the first hour or so. Well, at least the bar in the arena will do some good trade. :roll:
Then you go on about doing research into the new album before buying tickets. :roll: :roll: The tickets (for Europe at least) went on sale WELL before the album was released. So I had a choice, Buy my tickets blind and hope for the best ( Since everyone was hyping the album I thought this would be quite a safe option). Or wait until the album comes out listen to it a few times then hunt for tickets if I like the album only to find that the only ones left are going for double the face value from some tout wanker on Ebay.
I personally feel cheated.
Like the dude said elsewhere, Maiden were supposed to be 'cutting edge' and 'still relevant', they just seem to be copying everyone else now. (Dio, Slayer, Pink Floyd, Dream theater, )Clutching at straws, Whats next? Hire Bob Rock and release an album of Acoustic covers??!!
I'm sure it would sell anyway.

At least when Blaze was in the band they had to make an effort to please the fans. :|

Back