automatic writing thread

zgodt

The earliest surrealists were writers, led by Andre Breton. Breton in fact coined the term "surrealism" and gave it the following definition: "Pure psychic automatism, by which an attempt is made to express, either verbally, in writing or in any other manner, the true functioning of thought. The dictation of thought, in the absence of all control by the reason, excluding any aesthetic or moral preoccupation."

One of the techniques of the early surrealist writers was automatic writing. The idea of automatic writing is that you just write down whatever comes into your head without thinking about it, analyzing it, censoring yourself, etc. You just write and write and write without stopping to hesitate, to think about what to say next, etc. If your mind goes blank you write about how blank your mind is until something else creeps in. The principle is that when you let yourself write things down quickly without giving yourself time to filter or censor your thoughts, surprising, intriguing, and enlightening things may emerge.

I love the experiments of early surrealism, so I propose that we use this thread to perform our own automatic writing experiments. It could be fun and profitable (in the $$$-less sense of the word). It will also give me something to do when I'm the only one here who isn't engaged in a seduction. :p

I'll start...

Miller miller miller grinds the flour that Jack uses for his big pancake in the book I read my daughter daughter bring your daughter to the slaughter that piece o shit song should never have been written but tumbleweeds blow through the damnedest places or palaces depending on your typographical errors and it occurs to me that this is alot harder to do while typing than while writing because backspacing to fix typos makes things a little less automatic automatic washing machines used to be a phrase people used but now that all washing machines are you know automatic they don't. whee I'm really cooking with gas now. Miller high life is the champagne of beers and it's a damn good thing it ain't the champale of beers because that stuff tastes like vomit scraped directly from the esophagus and that oughtta do it for now nah i'll keep going the nice thing is you can type a whole long post in about 5 minutes this way without breaking a mental sweat dancing bananas are in my peripheral vision why bananas did you ever wonder when dancing squashes or cucumbers would be graphically just as appealing is there something in the psyche that draws us to bananas for comedy something having to do with genetic memory of the time we were all apes perhaps?

I wonder if I would come off as a perv if I wrote down what I'm thinking right now but then again why would I write it down some things are better left unsaid and unwritten to most people :D

This thread is doomed to go absolutely nowhere i suppose and that's okay absolutely nowhere is a place like any other where they have candy canes and candyland and girls named candi who serve candified drinks to candyasses like me. Like me? why wouldn't you. why would you. I like bass guitar but the singer for Green Day shouldn't start singing for other bands too. that's just my opinion on the matter. my opinion on the mad hatter is that he should fatten himself fatter and his frogs fatter and his snakes should get madder and then, later, gladder. why? why not? ooh, this band that just came on my headphones is a nifty little punk band with the funny name: the soviettes. haha. doesn't that make you chortle in your joy, my beamish boy?

A veces siento que el tiempo se transforma en una idolencia eterna, como si la eterna espera se viera atormentada por el lento transcurrir de minutos y segundos, como si las nubes del ocaso se transformaran en petreos marmoles bloqueando el paso de cronos y sus dominios, y es que tal vez en medio de la noche el silencio se hace cada vez mas etereo conforme mis pensamientos se desplazan por entre los resquicios de los marmoles... marmoles que deseo derrumbar y destrozar a fin de poder lanzarme al viento y correr presuroso hacia mi destino y mi eternidad, eternidad que aguarda por mi con una sonrisa y un beso...

some ppl try too hard to express their knowledge and thus they sound like geeks. but then again who am i to complain as when i go out with my frined sometimes i spend the whole saturday night discussing the physical problems like time traveling, perpetuum mobile and stuff like that. so really i am a hypocrite. but i don't think anyone will read this post as i will make it a long one......well maybe someone without a life will read it, preferably a lurker(one of those 7 now surfing their way around this site and reporting everything back to National Secuirty Agency aka NSA). i had a chat with hrvoje, owner of a bar in which i spend most of my time in...he is a beatles fan and i had a talk with him abt that theory that paul mccartney was killed in a car crash and was replaced by some guy that looks like him and no one was ever told abt that so beatles wouldn't lose fans. he put up a very convincing arguments that that is bullshit. that made me think. what is someone from iron maiden died and was replaced by someone else? and i came to conclusion that that is not possible. how can they find a replacemt for someone that looks, sounds and has a talent of someone else? what kind of ppl make these silly theories up....come on there is a nazi base on a moon theory, jfk was killed by mercenaries from the future theory, paul mccartney is dead theory.....all those theories are...like english would have say utter shite. but one this is for sure lurkers thet lurk around here work for NSA

my first thought at seeing this idea is no way can i be like ginsberg or burroughs and just rant out everything in writing what kind of nut does that shit anyway oh wait i do in fact thats all i do rant like a fucking lunatic everything ive done is that of lunacy no wonder they tried to put me away so many times no wonder the damn shrinks cower when they see me how on earth can anyone have an answer for everything how can anyone go back and forth so many different ways and so many times is it easy thinking about so much shit at once hell no its not you start talking to yourself okay now dont say anyhting offensive even though its too damn hard to be politically correct political correctness is ruining this country dan fogelberg turned everyone into pussies in the seventies why cant people just go back to free love and shrooms does anyone else hear that buzzing noise dont my neighbors ever have sex now dont go there you always have to go there why cant the jehovahs witnesses just leave me alone what if i dont want to be saved hell would be better anyway i imagine theres alot of food there and not so many presbyterians it would be sheer fucking bliss to be able to control these damn thoughts ever creeping entering into this pityful fucked up brain why cant i just get it straight not everything is so damn empty anymore my mind has gone blank finally that feels good fuck jeb bush fuck him up the ass with a big rubber dick and no lubrication let him destroy the environment after the nuclear war all that will be left is the roaches and keith richards anyway bacchanalia rules

he should not be here he should not be about he should not be here while your mother is out says my internal fish in the pot to my internal cat in the hat and did you ever wonder what was under that hat them stripes and did you ever think to yourself that the fish in the pot would be alot more fun as the fish on the pot i never did see that fucking movie and i hope to god i never do i can't believe the crassness wait what am i saying of course i cna believe it but i would've thought mike meyers would know better even if he didn't mind murdering all those people and going after jamie lee curtis to boot he still shouldn't have fucked with ted geisel teddy geisel teddy geiser that's interesting sounds like a sexual proclivity of some sort but it would be difficult to render in automatic writing the diagram in my head you know insert tab a into tab b and then punch out tab c and twist the 3/8" locking lugnut into place over nipple q and voila instant orgasm

what the hell forces so many people to mutilate themseves why cant we just go back to good old fashioned screwing for the sake of screwing anorexia is a disease girls get from reading magazines and watching music videos which are total crap by the way speaking of which what the fuck will we do when the oceans are overrun with fecal matter ship it into space why the hell not lets destroy the universe men are so powerful arent they women are so weak for loving and nurturing when we all know that it takes more strength to nurture than to destroy but what the hell do i know i have only lived 28 long angst and anger filled years with no hope in sight in spite of all the lies my church told me those damn nuns with their habits drinking smoking secretly fornicating with priests and eachother what a load of hypocritical crap man i really need to move this damn building will be the end of me all these old people constantly playing bridge and cleaning their carpets but when i play some music just a little too loud its satan overrunning their ears well next time i think ill just blast willie nelson songs really loud all twangy and whiny mke them cry from the buzzing in their ears

sometimes i suspect other people are deeper than me i'm just a shallow fucking fountain of irony and allusion with no heart anchoring me to whatever mixed metaphor i'm aiming at here. I'm sure no Andre Breton. I'm no Andre Agassi either. sEe what i mean, cheap puns and pop culture references issue forth from me like thorns from a bush in the inferno somewhere, that is, if i remember correctly, which i probably don't. i never do. i forget everything. i forgot to go to bed tonight so here i am. but it's lonely in the house tonight because my wife and daughter are gone and sometimes it's nice to have people to talk to even if the people are not people but just avatars with great personalities what do i mean by that well of course they're people and sometimes i think how lucky i am to have friends all over the world but other times i think what the fuck am i doing with my life how many hours have i drained through the sieve of my gateway monitor staring at IMBB screens, and wouldn't we all be better off sitting and reading the great gatsby again or even daring war and peace i could have read it 6 times now with a fraction of the hours i've spent around this place and the other place you know which one i mean but hey red wine is nice and a cigarette would be great so maybe i'll go and pretend not to smoke one, or something.

life's a bitch and so are all the women that i seem to meet and then you die but i hope they all die sooner and in slow agonizing ways

sometimes the void is just too great and this all feels meaningless more like waste of time why cant it all be just the way things were when we were children safe and sound in our beds listening to rain beat on the windowpane and no cares or worries filling our minds making us want to run and hide from everyone and everything this is something i can never go back to i find myself wishing more and more everyday to become shallow is life not easier when you have no point other than waking and sleeping with no dreams or thoughts of serious things other than what color shoes to wear this day the superficial mediocre thoughts are the best ones they empty out of your head so quickly and leave no trace

SexyDevilGirl said:
sometimes the void is just too great and this all feels meaningless more like waste of time why cant it all be just the way things were when we were children safe and sound in our beds listening to rain beat on the windowpane and no cares or worries filling our minds making us want to run and hide from everyone and everything this is something i can never go back to i find myself wishing more and more everyday to become shallow is life not easier when you have no point other than waking and sleeping with no dreams or thoughts of serious things other than what color shoes to wear this day the superficial mediocre thoughts are the best ones they empty out of your head so quickly and leave no trace

Wow...

I truly liked that for some reason.

Back