about Maiden in general chat

Ivan said:
really who cares for the charts? it's not important to me when album is great as this one is

don't you prefer that a lot of persons buy an album that you like than not :|

I like a lot of bands that don't really sell and i wish for them to find an audience

afraidtoshooteddie said:
You really should try to cheer up mate.

You always take a pessimistic view of things :D

it's not pessimistic view
but I don't care who'll buy this album, it's great album and I love it, so nothing else is not important

Ivan said:
really who cares for the charts? it's not important to me when album is great as this one is

Of course its not important that they get in the charts..but it does show an ever growing fan base..and i'd far rather see them at number 1 than having so few fans that they don't make the charts :?

sixxy said:
Of course its not important that they get in the charts..but it does show an ever growing fan base..and i'd far rather see them at number 1 than having so few fans that they don't make the charts :?
ok, maybe you're right on some point

i bought yesterday the new Batterie Magazine with Nicko on the sleeve :D

i don't have the use to bought this mag but only when there's a Nicko's interview 8)

M5814_180.jpg

Frenchy said:

i don't have the use to bought this mag but only when there's a Nicko's interview 8)

M5814_180.jpg

Any excuse for maiden! :)

Frenchy said:

M5814_180.jpg

and what he said interesting?

Snake said:
"The sound of low-flying propelled aircraft reverberating over Valletta must have sent shivers down the spines of residents who lived through World War II, but it was not Axis planes which were making the manoeuvres yesterday but dare-devils taking part in the Aero Grand Prix.

Bruce Dickinson was expected in Malta yesterday evening. He will be flying round the harbour today (September 10th) at 11 AM and will be doing the commentary during the competition..."

Some eight teams fought it out for the Aero GP Betfair Grand Prix qualifiers in a fantastic display of dogfighting, air racing, target practice and, most of all, breathtaking aerobatic moves that seem to defy the laws of flying.

The highlight was possibly the "bombing" of a submarine, also part of the competition.

The aero racing pitched plane against plane at speeds of 500 kilometres per hour, flying just 10 metres above the water.

So far it has been an incredible experience, joyous and successful, Aero GP managing director Jeff Zaltman said yesterday. "The Marsamxett harbour provided an exhilarating backdrop for the whole event as well as a number of vantage points from where spectators could watch at a safe distance," he said.

The finals will take place today. The show starts at 11 a.m.

The organisers said they "definitely plan" to be back if they continue to have the support they have seen this year.

This is the first time the GP is being held in Malta; the first ever contest took place in Slovenia last year.
Snake said:
According to Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, Bruce Dickinson became the witness of a flight accident while commenting the Malta Aero Grand Prix , when two planes collided (allegedly) only about fifty metres ahead of him. Keep reading for the full article.

THE SINGER WARE FLYING JUST BEHIND
- became a vitness to the accident.
When the air planes collide was Iron Maiden's singer the nearest vitness.
"Bruce Dickinson was with his air plane just 50 metres from the crash" says the vitness Matthew Mirabelli.

The H´heavy metal singer has a well known flight interest. Bruce Dickinson is an experienced pilot and have been flying fans between different towns in a passanger plane.

At the Aero Grand Prix, as the competition in Malta is called,
the organizers engaged Dickinson as a advertising name. His task was to annotate the races when they be going on, in his two seats air plane.
After the event "he should hang around with the fans down on the ground", as the organizers writes on the competitions homepage.

But instead of a spectacular show Bruce Dickinson vitnessed a tragedy when Eddie Goggins och Gabor Vargas planes collided.

"The distance of Dickinson couldn't be less than 50 metres at the time of the crash", says Matthew Mirabelli. Bruce Dickinson managed not to get hurt, despite the short distance of the accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2tEaKHCZTU

rockin_plumber said:
(allegedly) only about fifty metres ahead of him....

This could be the key word....

fifty metres is pretty damn close OMG
fifty metres is pretty short in this situation.
I don't wnana even think about bruce's death

Ivan said:
so don't

but he is gonna die one day

and btw 50 meters isn't pretty damn close :wink:

Ivan said:

Right.... Allegedly 50m means it was probably more :roll:

Plus....

"The Marsamxett harbour provided an exhilarating backdrop for the whole
event as well as a number of vantage points from where spectators could
watch at a safe distance,"

Does seem pretty conclusive.

He didnt even get hurt.... so dont think about it.
The pilots family are the ones suffering :(

Back