Why do so many people hate Blaze?

Do you think Blaze is as crap as some people make out?

• Yes-I think he was a disaster!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No-I think he was pretty good!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Blaze crap eh?

I think blaze was good only in his own songs like one of my favourite the sign of the cross, clansman, futureal, judgement of heaven and more....[/url]

I don't think many Maiden fans HATE Blaze but I think they think he just has never been the right singer for Maiden.

Have being a Maiden fan since 1982, I was very disappointed that Bruce left the band in back 1993. Three years earlier Adrian had left Maiden and both Bruce and Adrian have always had a great contribution to the songwriting process in Maiden. When they left, Maiden became different.
Blaze did not have the charisma that Bruce has on stage and his voice just doensn't seem to fit in Iron Maiden. I saw the shows on the X-Factour and the Virtual XI tour and especially the songs from the Bruce area were sung quit poor IMO. The "Blaze songs" were o.k. and he did the best he could, but nobody can replace Bruce. So I think it is better now that Bruce and Adrian are back and I think we all hope that Blaze has a great solo career.
If you keep in mind that the two albums with Blaze have the most ugly covers, the songs on the X-Factor are quite depressive and the songs on VXI quite poor IMO, it is not hard to see that it wasn't the best period for Maiden. Blaze had an impossible task to replace Bruce.
Respect for the man, but it is better that Bruce is back!
Up the Irons!

I didn't have a problem with Blaze. I had a problem with his debut, X factor.
What was Steve thinking? I don't totally hate that record. I like the songs that
Steve didn't write.

According to my opinion, Bayley isn't the right person to take over Dickinson's place as Iron Maiden's new vocalist. They say that The X-Factor, which marks his debut with Iron Maiden in 1995, is a worse album. Maybe Bayley does not match with the band, I think.

The X-factor is one of my favourite albums ever !
Lyrics and atmosphere on that album are almost above everything they ever did (of those two things)

lonely_soul said:
I didn't have a problem with Blaze. I had a problem with his debut, X factor.
What was Steve thinking? I don't totally hate that record. I like the songs that
Steve didn't write.

you're lost for pp lonely_soul :|

X factor is one of the biggest effort from Steve. Great performances on the bass 8)

A very difficult subject to consider.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm,
Paul Di'Anno was irreplaceable.
No one could fill his shoes.
Yet, Bruce Dickinson won us over with his stunning talent!
(It did not mean that Paul now "sucked", it just meant Maiden would survive - and very, very well, btw!!!)

Now, to top Bruce??? It just isn't very possible!
So, who dare take on the task?
Blaze gets points just for taking the dare!

Do they get Halford? Coverdale? Dio? Tate?
As awesome as those guys are, that is not really going to be "Maiden", no?
I'm sure that the albums would have been stellar with any of those talents.

So, an unknown? (not-as-well-known)
Wow, this shows the balls that the boys had in going with an unknown;
they would have to prove themselves instead of "crusin'".
The band believed in the future of Maiden and that's why they wern't as concerned with "covering" 'Dickinson' songs.

With 'Fear', they went even more "raw" than with 'Prayer'.
With Blaze, they went darker than Bruce, even darker than Di'Anno.
(I'd say that fit the 'X-Factor' album especially well).
I'm glad that they went the way they did in getting a rawer / darker sound in Blaze. It was actually fresher that way.
So, we had this new Maiden, ready to take the world over (again).

Who knows the true / real reason why Blaze isn't accepted.
Heck, Janick still gets grief!!! And he is awesome!

I've never had a problem with Blaze. My personal opinion though i don't think he was the best choice to replace Bruce to begin with. Andre Matos should have been Bruce's replacement with out a doubt. Blaze for the time he was with us wasn't terrible but certainly wasn't great either.

moonchild77 said:
I don't think many Maiden fans HATE Blaze but I think they think he just has never been the right singer for Maiden.

Have being a Maiden fan since 1982, I was very disappointed that Bruce left the band in back 1993. Three years earlier Adrian had left Maiden and both Bruce and Adrian have always had a great contribution to the songwriting process in Maiden. When they left, Maiden became different.
Blaze did not have the charisma that Bruce has on stage and his voice just doensn't seem to fit in Iron Maiden. I saw the shows on the X-Factour and the Virtual XI tour and especially the songs from the Bruce area were sung quit poor IMO. The "Blaze songs" were o.k. and he did the best he could, but nobody can replace Bruce. So I think it is better now that Bruce and Adrian are back and I think we all hope that Blaze has a great solo career.
If you keep in mind that the two albums with Blaze have the most ugly covers, the songs on the X-Factor are quite depressive and the songs on VXI quite poor IMO, it is not hard to see that it wasn't the best period for Maiden. Blaze had an impossible task to replace Bruce.
Respect for the man, but it is better that Bruce is back!
Up the Irons!

You said it very, very well!!!!!!
:edmetal:

A side note:
There is a very good singer that could have been a great fill-in while Bruce was gone.
His name:
STEVE PLOCICA
He used to sing for a band called 'Apocrypha' (Shrapnel Records)
{this band also featured Tony Fredianelli of 'Third Eye Blind'}

Anyway, he isn't "British" and so, Maiden most likely wouldn't have considered him.
Also, I'm glad that he didn't replace Bruce, because, I truly believe they would have done so well, that the "reunion" would never have taken place. [/i]

Screamy said:
@ moonchild77 & public enema number one

you said everything !!!

congratulations guys !!

respect!

Thanks mate!
Moonchild77 hit it!

This subject will always interest me.

I'm glad that Iron Maiden have "the Blaze era" as part of their histoy, it is very different, interesting, and fun!
{I really wish that the cd's were enhanced with all of the extras like the others packaged that way are - but there is some great coverage in "Run To The Hills" -Mick Wall and also on "Visions Of The Beast".}

The band gets major points for continuing onward!

I'm with you too, Screamy, on the goodness of 'The X-Factor' album - the first three songs are outstanding!!!
(I also like the erie green lighting behind the boys in the photo's! :) )

I still havn't heard the last two songs on it - if you can believe that!!!!! :shock:
...soon, very soon.

rockin_plumber said:
The main problem was his voice didnt suit most of Maidens songs IMO....

1 exzample... He Murdered THE TROOPER :shock:

I know he did a couple of Albums with Maiden....

But we know from the last tour how many people would rather hear 'The Classics'

Ok he didn't do well the Trooper, but likewise i prefer DiAnno on Wrathchild. My point is that he was not to blame, what suffers is the music. Bruce is better but Blaze is not to be blamed for everything...

Public Enema Number One said:
Screamy said:
@ moonchild77 & public enema number one

you said everything !!!

congratulations guys !!

respect!

Thanks mate!
Moonchild77 hit it!

This subject will always interest me.

I'm glad that Iron Maiden have "the Blaze era" as part of their histoy, it is very different, interesting, and fun!
{I really wish that the cd's were enhanced with all of the extras like the others packaged that way are - but there is some great coverage in "Run To The Hills" -Mick Wall and also on "Visions Of The Beast".}

The band gets major points for continuing onward!

I'm with you too, Screamy, on the goodness of 'The X-Factor' album - the first three songs are outstanding!!!
(I also like the erie green lighting behind the boys in the photo's! :) )

I still havn't heard the last two songs on it - if you can believe that!!!!! :shock:
...soon, very soon.

Thanks for your replies. Blaze is great singer IMO but NOT the man for Iron Maiden. As I said, nobody can replace Bruce but he did what he could.
It was an interesting period for Maiden then, but I am sure that everyone is glad that the situation now is better.

GERRARD ARMY said:
Now that screwed up Guitar part is cringe worthy :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: But we can forgive him
true i got the ´chill up my spine when bruce started to sing! The start was really Jannicks fault and his solo wasnt best either!

I love Blaze. he wasn't as good as Bruce, but then few singers are, but he was a better singer than Paul Di'anno in my opinion

I've also got all 3 of blaze's solo albums, which are FANTASTIC (especially the third one- 'blood and belief', which is one of my favourite albums!), and i am EAGERLY awaitng the new one in may

best of all, on Bruce's rockj sohw tonight, he is interviewing Blaze!!!

Back