Why do so many people hate Blaze?

Do you think Blaze is as crap as some people make out?

• Yes-I think he was a disaster!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No-I think he was pretty good!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why do so many people hate him? Maybe he couldn't sing Bruce's songs as well as him but then again, who can? I dont think Blaze's two albums were as bad as people made them out to be, listen to "sign of the cross"
"clansman" and "lord of the flies". Blaze made some great albums with maiden so I wish people would give the guy a break. Maiden wouldn't have had him if he was shit would they? Quite a few fans hated bruce when he came in-"air raid siren comment". I'm not saying Blaze is better than Bruce, he's not but he still made bloody inspiring music!

:blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

I like Blaze. Always have done. I liked him in Wolfsbane, I liked him in Maiden, And I like his Solo band.
You can only sing the songs you're presented with. Everyone blames the dip in form in the mid '90s solely on Blaze, but it was 'Arry who wrote and produced most of the songs :|
Look at Virus for an example. Blaze's re-orchestrated version kicks the ass of the one 'Arry was happy to put out.

afraidtoshooteddie said:
You can only sing the songs you're presented with. Everyone blames the dip in form in the mid '90s solely on Blaze, but it was 'Arry who wrote and produced most of the songs :|

The main problem was his voice didnt suit most of Maidens songs IMO....

1 exzample... He Murdered THE TROOPER :shock:

I know he did a couple of Albums with Maiden....

But we know from the last tour how many people would rather hear 'The Classics'

rockin_plumber said:

I watched that, my ears bled :|

rockin_plumber said:

And those people piss me off LOL
The new album was amazing, and it was even better live. They had good reason to play it in it's entirety, I don't get why many people hated it so much.

Run to the Hills and The Trooper aren't that good anyway :err:

*hides*

EDIT:: I voted that I liked him because..well..he's a good singer. Maybe not for Maiden, but he's a good singer.

The songs that were wrote for him were good, but if he sings another Bruce song I'll cry

rockin_plumber said:
The main problem was his voice didnt suit most of Maidens songs IMO....

I know he did a couple of Albums with Maiden....

Have you seen the footage from Spain in '99? It's not just Blaze that could Fuck up the Trooper.

voted for Blaze pretty good :blaze:

I really like Blaze (the messiah as called him Bouville :err:). He made some really great performances with Maiden on stage (except some songs like the trooper as rocky said) and registered some classics like the clansman, sign of the cross, futureal or lord of the flies. He offered one of the most fantastic maiden's album as 'X-Factor'. VXI was more crappy except 3 or 4 songs.

And his genius was that he never tried to be a Bruce's clone but went to Maiden with his own personnality and own voice :voice:

I really like his solo stuff specially the last album :fist:

:blaze:

blaze is good
but Bruce is the voice of Iron maiden.
there's so many fans who just didn't wanna change, and who didn't gave him opportunity.

I may have voted wrongly :err: Thought you meant just when he was in Maiden :oops:

I'm sorry peeps but I was gutted when he joined and stayed gutted til he left. His voice just didn't suit the band :( I honestly can't remember the last time I listened to either of his Maiden albums.

I could write an essay now but i'm knackered ....so you might get one tomorrow LOL

Bayley Cook 8) know as Blaze Bayley was really good. The X-Factor and Virtual XI are one of the best albums in Maiden discograhpy. His voice is different, but not worse. I think the problem is habit to bruce...

Wicky hit the nail on the head there..I listen to the Bruce/Dianno albums alot more than I do the Blaze ones, I only really bought them to finish off the collection really :err:

Ben said:
Wicky hit the nail on the head there..I listen to the Bruce/Dianno albums alot more than I do the Blaze ones, I only really bought them to finish off the collection really :err:
I made myself listen to the whole of x factor this morning, just to see if I was being unfair, and not giving him a chance......my opinion stayed the same.

Back