Why do so many people hate Blaze?

Do you think Blaze is as crap as some people make out?

• Yes-I think he was a disaster!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No-I think he was pretty good!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Livertrooper said:
:banana: thank you... :banana:

btw... this banana is too funny... :banana: :banana: :banana:

and this one really rules *moon walky* ==> :bananadance: :bananadance:

N.P : iron maiden - the clansman :clansman: :blaze:

f33083pvo5g.jpg

Blaze is a very good vocalist, but sincerely i prefer the Bruce voice, although VXI and X Factor are very good albums, i love most of the songs included on both records

To be fair to Blaze, I think it also comes down to the quality of the songs, although Iron Maiden undoubtedly became a better band with Bruce in it.

I was more choked about Bruce leaving, rather than Blaze joining, but let's face it, the two Blaze albums aren't as good as the others.

I also think Bruce has a lot more stage presence than Blaze & Paul.

I find this an odd question to respond to because I really didn't like him yet I voted to support him; why?

I first heard Iron Maiden in 1980 and I would say that hearing Prowler for the first time was a changing point in my life because at that point I fell in love with Rock music and the electric guitar, even though I've only been playing myself for the last few years. I saw Iron Maiden live for the first time in 1981 on the Killers world tour and I've seen them every time they've been around since pretty much. I'm a big fan. Having said that I never saw them while Blaze was on vocals and I never bought those albums at the time because I just didn't like his voice. Now, after a number of years I've bought both X-Factor and Virtual XI and they're not as bad as I remember. Virtual XI has some decent songs sung quite well but the weakness of that album has nothing to do with Blaze and everything to do with the fact that the band seemed largely bereft of ideas, hence some songs just repeat themselves endlessly and very annoyingly. In comparison, X-Factor has become one of my favourite Iron Maiden albums because I think it is a stand out album in the way that Seventh Son was (albeit not quite on that level). Musically I think it was a tremendous achievement.

Is he as good a vocalist as Bruce? No, clearly not, but that doesn't mean he's crap either, he is simply better suited to certain songs. I think Bruce struggles with some of the very early Maiden material from the DiAnno era as his voice lacks that distinctive, raucous edge. These are songs that I would imagine Blaze to be better at. He certainly wasn't bad but I'm also pleased that Bruce is back, especially is it also brought back the great Adrian Smith.

Back