What is The best maiden solo?

I enjoy the variety and richness of Maiden's solos; I think choosing the best one is to maybe miss the point. They evoke a particular emotion that is evident in the song, whether it be the frantic adrenaline rush of a dog-fight in Aces High or the up-beat waltz with the undead in Dance of Death.

That's enough of that pretentious crap. Having said the above, when the solo kicks in on HbTN has to be one of the best moments in Heavy Metal. Also, the whole intricate little middle section of Powerslave has to be up there.

More recently, you've got to love the 'three-pronged attack' of the consecutive solos in No More Lies, Dance of Death and Paschendale. In particular, the solo section of Paschendale just stirs the soul. The various but equally high quality talents of the individual axemen are in evidence here: the melodic, high tempo trills of Murray, the manic, more abstract Gers and the god that is Adrian Smith (I'm not biased, honest!) making his guitar sing, cry and weep in that inimitable way.

Sorry, maybe I'm being too serious about this... :wink:

Thanks Wicky.

I don't want to deviate from the topic, I'd just like to say hi and that the forum has made for very enjoyable and entertaining reading. I look forward to posting in the future.

:edmetal:

Hsheehan said:
Thanks Wicky.

I don't want to deviate from the topic, I'd just like to say hi and that the forum has made for very enjoyable and entertaining reading. I look forward to posting in the future.

:edmetal:

you're welcome man 8)

POWERSLAVE!!!! Particularly in Live After Death video when eddie comes out and :edheadbang: with everyone.

BTW does anyone know when The History Of Iron MAiden Part 2:The GOlden Years is coming out cos that'll be sick with full L.A.D concert among others....

Back