What Gigs Are you going to?

9 Sleeps till Maiden :edmetal:

I hopethey sort out this ticketless system before we get there....

They dont have enuff staff checking Id's and credit cards so its taking eages to get in...
And people are missing most of the support...

I wanna see Shinedown :|

Is this for real :?

According to The Telegraph, Iron Maiden has been forced to drop its classic "Hallowed Be Thy Name" from the band's current tour after it became embroiled in a legal battle over who wrote it. Retired rock band manager Barry McKay is taking bassist Steve Harris and guitarist Dave Murray to court over the song.

McKay claims the song reproduces major parts of another song, "Lying In My Shadow", written by musician Brian Quinn under the name Brian Ingham.

Iron Maiden comments: "As previously announced, for the current second leg of the Book Of Souls tour a couple of changes to the setlist were due to be made. The first was including a different track from the new album and having been made aware of a legal claim, the second change was to replace 'Hallowed Be Thy Name'."

Whoa :shock:

I think it is real. I found a couple of other sites reporting the same thing. They say "The Nomad" is under dispute, too.

I hope they can clear this up. :shock:

https://youtu.be/hTBmLmYz6A0

Lyrics for Life's Shadow by Beckett

See the people walking pass
To see my eyes, are closed at last
As they pay their last respect to a man they on

One by one, they pass me by
Some breakdown and start to cry
And the others glad to see it's happened

Mark my words my soul lives on
Please don't worry cause I've have gone
I've gone beyond to see the truth
While I consider my new youth

When your time is close at hand
Maybe then you'll understand
Life down there is just a strange illusion

Just remember to be strong
And though you think your life's laugh
There's more space beyond your thine confusion

Mark my words my soul lives on
Please don't worry cause I've have gone
I've gone beyond to see the truth
While I consider my new youth

rockin_plumber said:
Is this for real :?

According to The Telegraph, Iron Maiden has been forced to drop its classic "Hallowed Be Thy Name" from the band's current tour after it became embroiled in a legal battle over who wrote it. Retired rock band manager Barry McKay is taking bassist Steve Harris and guitarist Dave Murray to court over the song.

McKay claims the song reproduces major parts of another song, "Lying In My Shadow", written by musician Brian Quinn under the name Brian Ingham.

Iron Maiden comments: "As previously announced, for the current second leg of the Book Of Souls tour a couple of changes to the setlist were due to be made. The first was including a different track from the new album and having been made aware of a legal claim, the second change was to replace 'Hallowed Be Thy Name'."

That explains the omission from the gig I was at last night. I was quite surprised when the show ended without it.

Can having the same lyrics in a verse constitute as theft though? The rest of the song sounds very fucking different.

If that's the case, Samuel Taylor Coleridge's estate should sue over Rime of the Ancient Mariner. :roll:

People just want money. :x

Airbourne at the Roundhouse, London, November 15th :D

cc3a19d80c91e53b7f860a2a9025b238.png

Back