what are you doing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unke said:
The reputation gives you access to GC, but you have to earn it by positive reputations.
i know but what does negative rep give you? they said it takes your privilages.....what privialges? is that a nice way of saying your ass will be banned forever

Unke said:
Tell them, not me. I know it, but they don't want to see, that it's their own fault. I feel really sorry for the MHM thread, because some people used it for their trades.

That's why i don't like the rep points thing, its subjective. Certain people are bound to agree and see eye to eye, and certain others aren't. Peoples "reputations" should be based on the content and value of their posts.

I may not have agreed with a lot of things that we're posted on the IMBB. But if someone had the decency and courtesy to explain thier point of view, even if i didn't agree with them, then they deserved a certain amount of respect purely for making an effort.

Bockaaarck said:
That's why i don't like the rep points thing, its subjective. Certain people are bound to agree and see eye to eye, and certain others aren't. Peoples "reputations" should be based on the content and value of their posts.

I may not have agreed with a lot of things that we're posted on the IMBB. But if someone had the decency and courtesy to explain thier point of view, even if i didn't agree with them, then they deserved a certain amount of respect purely for making an effort.
and if ppl could control themselves better gc would be open to anyone and not just for so called elite members. but they can't. besides the rep sytem is a very good reflection of the state of todays society. it doesn't matter what you say or what you do as long as you got friend that will help you. the world of today is slowly but surley crushing in cause of that logic and so will imbb. so justice will be served. it only remains to be seen when and how

I was against it, first. Meanwhile I understood the intentions. If you want to have access to General Chat, you'll have to earn it. Even if you don't post much, you will need a lot of reputation points, to get into it, which means, there have to be some people, who like you.
If you don't want to take part in General chat, there is still Maiden Talk or any other section, where you can stay. If you want General Chat, you will have to do something for it. Simple system, but it works.

MaidenMadness said:
and if ppl could control themselves better gc would be open to anyone and not just for so called elite members. but they can't. besides the rep sytem is a very good reflection of the state of todays society. it doesn't matter what you say or what you do as long as you got friend that will help you. the world of today is slowly but surley crushing in cause of that logic and so will imbb. so justice will be served. it only remains to be seen when and how

I think you're very close to the truth, which i think is sad :( Its such a shame we live in a world of instant gratification, where we know what we want and expect to get it NOW. I find that mildly depressing, and i hope people have to courage to change their behaviour :|

Unke said:
I was against it, first. Meanwhile I understood the intentions. If you want to have access to General Chat, you'll have to earn it. Even if you don't post much, you will need a lot of reputation points, to get into it, which means, there have to be some people, who like you.
If you don't want to take part in General chat, there is still Maiden Talk or any other section, where you can stay. If you want General Chat, you will have to do something for it. Simple system, but it works.

I guess that's fair, but then i don't post a lot, because i like to think about what i post and respond to. Is it fair that my "reserved" character is penalised for not having as many posts as someone who is more gregarious ?

I'm sure you got enough friends there, which appreciate your posts :)

It will take some time, but it's worth it.

Bockaaarck said:
I think you're very close to the truth, which i think is sad :( Its such a shame we live in a world of instant gratification, where we know what we want and expect to get it NOW. I find that mildly depressing, and i hope people have to courage to change their behaviour :|
ppl haven't changed in 5000 years. they only learned more things and started hidding their trueselves better under the cloak of politeness, gentlemancy, diplomacy.........building up their fragile egos to make themselves belive they have risen beyond listening to their insticts, beyond their genetical heritage, beyond human, but the first chance they get to express the caveman within they do it without hesitation. so i doubt they will change. there is a theory that this civilisation is the 5th one on this earth. first four civilisations of humans developed so fat that they had wepons of such power that they destroyed themselves. now the theory goes on that the survivors of the fourth civilisations bulit they pyradmids in egypt and hid their knowledge under them and the whole compex of pyramids is just a riddle which's solution is the position of that chamber with their knowledge. and that chamber has allegedly been found two years agol by some german archeologist....blblabla
lets supposte that theory is true.

recoginse anything in it? wapons that can destroy humaitity(nuclear, chemical) wars..........

so you can see there is no way we are going to change

Unke said:

That's the problem :err: most of the people who appreciate my posts know i'm an idiot :D LOL

But i take note of your point :)

Bockaaarck said:
I guess that's fair, but then i don't post a lot, because i like to think about what i post and respond to. Is it fair that my "reserved" character is penalised for not having as many posts as someone who is more gregarious ?
i can't say for others but my view is that all posts which are constuctive(meaning not bashing or spam) should be rewarded. i try to do that as much i can but i forget sometimes and now i apologise to all i forget to gave a reward

Bockaaarck said:
That's the problem :err: most of the people who appreciate my posts know i'm an idiot :D LOL

yes.gif

Mighty fine :banana:

Who broke the IMBB then LOL

Lame ass BB that it is :| Im gonna start a thread askin for red reps (If it
ever get back up :p )will I get banned then :?

Unke said:

Is it really worth it though.........It seems to be down more often than not
at the moment :D

rockin_plumber said:
Mighty fine :banana:

Who broke the IMBB then LOL

Lame ass BB that it is :| Im gonna start a thread askin for red reps (If it
ever get back up :p )will I get banned then :?

No problem old friend :) you can count on a few "red-uns" from me :D

Bockaaarck said:
No problem old friend :) you can count on a few "red-uns" from me :D
actually you've still got a nOOb status on imbb as far as i recall. so your rep points have no affect.....BUT i0ll be willing to make you a favour by giving rep points in your name to anyone :D

MaidenMadness said:
actually you've still got a nOOb status on imbb as far as i recall. so your rep points have no affect.....BUT i0ll be willing to make you a favour by giving rep points in your name to anyone :D

:shock: I hope skunk doesn't visit here

MaidenMadness said:

:shock: Scandel

:err: ok

LOL LOL LOL

Sorry guys, just realised the time :shock: gotta hit the sack i'm affraid :| Take it easy, and see you soon :)

Toodley-Pip :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back