Helloween - Where the rain grows
Manowar - Wheels of fire
Motorhead - Sex and death
Edguy - Rise of the morning glory

:banana:

Bouville said:
My Dying Bride - A Cruel Taste of Winter

:err:
I don't know their music, but I recognize that you're being ironic. This reminds me, though, how happy it makes me when I hear a crushingly depressing song that gets it just right. Great sad songs really do give me a kind of joy. I think the joy is not in reliving the sadness, but in appreciating that someone was able to render it so exquisitely.

zgodt said:
I don't know their music, but I recognize that you're being ironic. This reminds me, though, how happy it makes me when I hear a crushingly depressing song that gets it just right. Great sad songs really do give me a kind of joy. I think the joy is not in reliving the sadness, but in appreciating that someone was able to render it so exquisitely.

You should pay attention to MDB's work. They are fabulous, is my third favorite band after BLAZE and IM. They are indeed dark and depressing with beautiful lyrics, some of their songs really get me down but ironically others make me feel strong. And you are right, there is exquiste joy in sad songs. I listen to a lot of Doom Metal basically for the last 10 years I have been listening exclusively doom metal. I am more open minded now, specially after a special someone is helping me to broad my musical tastes.

Bouville said:
You should pay attention to MDB's work. They are fabulous, is my third favorite band after BLAZE and IM. They are indeed dark and depressing with beautiful lyrics, some of their songs really get me down but ironically others make me feel strong. And you are right, there is exquiste joy in sad songs. I listen to a lot of Doom Metal basically for the last 10 years I have been listening exclusively doom metal. I am more open minded now, specially after a special someone is helping me to broad my musical tastes.
Hopefully she'll get you into Tom Waits and Cypress Hill. :D

Back