Things I didn't know yesterday.......

I was just looking through old news bits on THUNDER's website and came upon this....

Luke filmed a piece for Sky News today showcasing a new rock 'n' roll hotel that is opening in Soho, London. It's called The Sanctum and members of Iron Maiden's management team are involved with the project.

The segment will run all day tomorrow (Friday 27th March) on Sky News during their hourly entertainment bulletin.

This is the place >> http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbi ... ys_And_U2s

Last year, a group of aurora watchers discovered this special vertical aurora.

It's not part of the Northern Lights; it occurs in more southern locations from higher in the sky and it's usually purple.

They named it Steve. eddiebeer.gif

stevetheaurora.jpg

Yeah, if you don't keep the wood at the proper humidity levels it affects the way it sounds. A well-equipped piano has both a humidifier and dehumidifier in it o_O

Some people use potatoes in their wooden instrument to keep humidity. I can always smell it haha

My piano teacher had a drip set up for her piano- there was a bucket of water that sat beside it with a hose running into the piano

Some people use potatoes in their wooden instrument to keep humidity. I can always smell it haha

My piano teacher had a drip set up for her piano- there was a bucket of water that sat beside it with a hose running into the piano
Do they throw out the potato when it starts to rot? o_O

That's a good low-tech setup. What other instruments do you play? :)

Do they throw out the potato when it starts to rot? o_O

That's a good low-tech setup. What other instruments do you play? :)

Yes, I think they're swapped out weekly!

I also played french horn and baritone&alto sax during my school years, along with attempting to be a good singer in choir and local musicals! Haha

Id love to play guitar- I have a Les Paul and a video game to try to learn, but have little time between all of my adulting and crafting :(

Yes, I think they're swapped out weekly!

I also played french horn and baritone&alto sax during my school years, along with attempting to be a good singer in choir and local musicals! Haha

Id love to play guitar- I have a Les Paul and a video game to try to learn, but have little time between all of my adulting and crafting :(
Whoa, multi-talented :cool: My brother played the sax for a while.

I played trumpet when I was younger. I'm only just starting to learn the guitar myself. :oops:

Back