The Formula One Thread

Best race in a long time, fantastic result for Brawn GP, Ross Brawn and especially Jenson and Rubens :banana: :banana: :banana:

As it happens , although Toyota have dropped their appeal against Trulli's penalty, Hamilton maight still lose his gifted 3rd place and get his wrists slapped for telling fibs. (According to Itv/F1)

afraidtoshooteddie said:
afraidtoshooteddie said:
As it happens , although Toyota have dropped their appeal against Trulli's penalty, Hamilton might still lose his gifted 3rd place and get his wrists slapped for telling fibs. (According to Itv/F1)

Told you so.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=45424" target="blank

Hammy Disqualified.

Norty Lewis LOL LOL LOL

Doesn't he know that the radio conversatoins are recorded :?

rockin_plumber said:
afraidtoshooteddie said:
afraidtoshooteddie said:
As it happens , although Toyota have dropped their appeal against Trulli's penalty, Hamilton might still lose his gifted 3rd place and get his wrists slapped for telling fibs. (According to Itv/F1)

Told you so.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?id=45424" target="blank" target="blank" target="blank" target="blank" target="blank

Hammy Disqualified.

Norty Lewis LOL LOL LOL

Doesn't he know that the radio conversatoins are recorded :?

During the hearing, held approximately one hour after the end of the race, the Stewards and the Race Director questioned Lewis Hamilton and his Team Manager David Ryan specifically about whether there had been an instruction given to Hamilton to allow Trulli to overtake. Both the driver and the Team Manager stated that no such instruction had been given. The Race Director specifically asked Hamilton whether he had consciously allowed Trulli to overtake. Hamilton insisted that he had not done so.

The new elements presented to the Stewards several days after the 2009 Australian Grand Prix which led to the reconvened Stewards Meeting clearly show that:

a. Immediately after the race and before Lewis Hamilton attended the Stewards Meeting he gave an interview to the Media where he clearly stated that the Team had told him to let Trulli pass.

b. Furthermore, the radio exchanges between the driver and the Team contain two explicit orders from the Team to let the Toyota pass.

The Stewards, having learned about the radio exchanges and the Media interview, felt strongly that they had been misled by the driver and his Team Manager which led to Jarno Trulli being unfairly penalised and Lewis Hamilton gaining third place."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Might not be the end of it though

Given that the situation contravenes the FIA's International Sporting Code, it could be the case that the matter is pursued further.

This means that Hamilton faces the possibility of suspension from a further race or races.

Alternatively, he could even be disqualified from the championship altogether.

A FIA spokesperson confirmed: "Given the seriousness of this matter, we cannot rule out further action at this stage."

MaidenMadness said:
wow i didn't know the time between my visits was being tracked by you :p

anyways wtf happened on here? something changed :shock:

I cross every day off on the wall next to me :anorak:

Yeah it was the change to more up to date board and different styles :err: I think

Hamilton once again incurred the wrath of the FIA for exceeding the pit lane speed limit by going at 65.3 km/h, earning a 1,200 Euro fine.

LOL LOL LOL Bad Hammy... a WHOLE 5.3 km/h over the limit

Bernie Ecclestone has warned McLaren that it may be banned from one or more races as a punishment for lying to race stewards in Australia and Malaysia.

The FIA has indicated that Hamilton himself, who delivered a humiliating public apology at Sepang last Friday, is unlikely to receive further direct punishment beyond his disqualification from the Melbourne race.

“It is about stealing a point and a place but those are worth money so basically it is fraud, although I am sure it started off more innocently without thought of the consequences.
“There are many options open if the charge sticks and it would be a terrible thing if any team were banned from races.

“But it could happen.”

Ecclestone says the WMSC may not be inclined to be lenient to the team this time given recent history.

“It is not so long ago that McLaren were in front of the Council and it is never good for anyone if you are back in court quickly for something similar,” he said.

:err: Oops

I got up at about 8:00 this morning...
Had missed qualifying...
So turned on telly to watch on BBCi

And what was the first thing I see...........

The interviews after qualifying with the drivers.........
So it was obvious who the top 3 were :|

Didnt watch it then :x

Back