The Formula One Thread

Rockhardchick666 said:
why? man, I feel like a kid saying that
physics. track is made of apshalt which has lower temperature coefficiant and thus gets warm more easily that air. while air lets say needs X jules of enegry to reach temperature of lets say 30 degress celsius asphalt needs less to reach the same temperature

MaidenMadness said:
physics. track is made of apshalt which has lower temperature coefficiant and thus gets warm more easily that air. while air lets say needs X jules of enegry to reach temperature of lets say 30 degress celsius asphalt needs less to reach the same temperature

haha, honestly I can say I knew that.....I just seem to be a bit tired.... I thoght you ment like, a foot above the track :|

Rockhardchick666 said:
haha, honestly I can say I knew that.....I just seem to be a bit tired.... I thoght you ment like, a foot above the track :|
well of course that foot away from the track the temperature is higer than lets say 10 feet away from track. track releases temeperature and since foot away from track is closer to track than 10 feet away the temp is higher.

MaidenMadness said:
well of course that foot away from the track the temperature is higer than lets say 10 feet away from track. track releases temeperature and since foot away from track is closer to track than 10 feet away the temp is higher.

hmmmm, I think I'm lacking about 10 hours of sleep to comprehend that

Rockhardchick666 said:
hmmmm, I think I'm lacking about 10 hours of sleep to comprehend that
ok i'll try to explain it. temperature of the track is higher than the temperature of the air. since everything that is happening with the temperature is based with the fact that everything wants to come to a state of termical balance, track releases temperature in the surrounding air, and since it receives teperature from the sun it doesn't neccesarily lose any temperaure it has(quite different often it raises cause sun gives more energy to the track than track gives to surrounding air) and the closer you are to track temperature is higher cause you are closer to the sourse of temperature(and temperture has a tendancy to fall with distance from thermical source). i hope i cleared it up some

MaidenMadness said:
ok i'll try to explain it. temperature of the track is higher than the temperature of the air. since everything that is happening with the temperature is based with the fact that everything wants to come to a state of termical balance, track releases temperature in the surrounding air, and since it receives teperature from the sun it doesn't neccesarily lose any temperaure it has(quite different often it raises cause sun gives more energy to the track than track gives to surrounding air) and the closer you are to track temperature is higher cause you are closer to the sourse of temperature(and temperture has a tendancy to fall with distance from thermical source). i hope i cleared it up some

okay I basically got it the first time, and for future reference, using more words..........usually doesn't help .... well, for me atleast :wink:

Kimi back on the podium :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Before you say anything MM....I know he didn't beat Schummi.......but.....

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sports minister Richard Caborn is optimistic that Silverstone will remain on the F1 calendar.

Caborn, who attended Sunday’s British Grand Prix along with deputy prime minister John Prescott, is not worried by Bernie Ecclestone’s threats to ditch the track.

He told the Evening Standard: "I am confident the grand prix will stay at Silverstone for the next two years at least.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hope it stays on the calender longer though...my next trip there is in 3 years time :|

the hockeneim's GP on this sunday

Grille de départ

1re ligne:
Michael Schumacher (ALL/Ferrari) 1:13.306
Juan Pablo Montoya (COL/Williams-BMW) 1:13.668
2e ligne:
Kimi Raikkonen (FIN/McLaren-Mercedes) 1:13.690
David Coulthard (GBR/McLaren-Mercedes) 1:13.821
3e ligne:
Fernando Alonso (ESP/Renault) 1:13.874
Jarno Trulli (ITA/Renault) 1:14.134
4e ligne:
Rubens Barrichello (BRE/Ferrari) 1:14.278
Takuma Sato (JAP/BAR-Honda) 1:14.287
5e ligne:
Olivier Panis (FRA/Toyota) 1:14.368
Antonio Pizzonia (BRE/Williams-BMW) 1:14.556
6e ligne:
Mark Webber (AUS/Jaguar-Cosworth) 1:14.802
Christian Klien (AUT/Jaguar-Cosworth) 1:15.011
7e ligne:
Jenson Button (GBR/BAR-Honda) 1:13.674
Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA/Sauber-Petronas) 1:15.395
8e ligne:
Cristiano Da Matta (BRE/Toyota) 1:15.454
Felipe Massa (BRE/Sauber-Petronas) 1:15.616
9e ligne:
Giorgio Pantano (ITA/Jordan-Ford) 1:16.192
Nick Heidfeld (ALL/Jordan-Ford) 1:16.310
10e ligne:
Gianmaria Bruni (ITA/Minardi-Cosworth) 1:18.055
Zsolt Baumgartner (HUN/Minardi-Cosworth) 1:18.400

the_nomad said:
the hockeneim's GP on this sunday

Grille de départ

1re ligne:
Michael Schumacher (ALL/Ferrari) 1:13.306
Juan Pablo Montoya (COL/Williams-BMW) 1:13.668
2e ligne:
Kimi Raikkonen (FIN/McLaren-Mercedes) 1:13.690
David Coulthard (GBR/McLaren-Mercedes) 1:13.821
3e ligne:
Fernando Alonso (ESP/Renault) 1:13.874
Jarno Trulli (ITA/Renault) 1:14.134
4e ligne:
Rubens Barrichello (BRE/Ferrari) 1:14.278
Takuma Sato (JAP/BAR-Honda) 1:14.287
5e ligne:
Olivier Panis (FRA/Toyota) 1:14.368
Antonio Pizzonia (BRE/Williams-BMW) 1:14.556
6e ligne:
Mark Webber (AUS/Jaguar-Cosworth) 1:14.802
Christian Klien (AUT/Jaguar-Cosworth) 1:15.011
7e ligne:
Jenson Button (GBR/BAR-Honda) 1:13.674
Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA/Sauber-Petronas) 1:15.395
8e ligne:
Cristiano Da Matta (BRE/Toyota) 1:15.454
Felipe Massa (BRE/Sauber-Petronas) 1:15.616
9e ligne:
Giorgio Pantano (ITA/Jordan-Ford) 1:16.192
Nick Heidfeld (ALL/Jordan-Ford) 1:16.310
10e ligne:
Gianmaria Bruni (ITA/Minardi-Cosworth) 1:18.055
Zsolt Baumgartner (HUN/Minardi-Cosworth) 1:18.400

good place :banana: :banana:

Mclarens speed is definetely back :banana: :banana:

Sad for Jenson :( But it should be good watching him come up through the grid :D

I'm out tomorrow so I have to tape it :(

Back