The Formula One Thread

This looked quite hopeful ...til I read the last line :| ......

Alex Wurz set the pace on the first day of testing at Jerez on Tuesday.

The Austrian was driving the new McLaren MP4-19B, which the team hopes to introduce at the next race in France.

Pedro de la Rosa was also on duty for the team, behind the wheel of a second 19B.

The only other team in action was Toyota.

wicker nomad said:
This looked quite hopeful ...til I read the last line :| ......

Alex Wurz set the pace on the first day of testing at Jerez on Tuesday.

The Austrian was driving the new McLaren MP4-19B, which the team hopes to introduce at the next race in France.

Pedro de la Rosa was also on duty for the team, behind the wheel of a second 19B.

The only other team in action was Toyota.

Bugger :x

LOL LOL LOL

The new McLaren MP4-19B topped the timesheets for the second day running at Jerez on Wednesday.

This time it was Pedro de la Rosa’s turn to take top spot, almost a second ahead of Williams’ Marc Gene.

Alex Wurz, in the second 19B, was third fastest.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

The FIA yesterday defended the time it took to get help to Ralph at the
USA GP saying it was "acceptable" :|

HE WAS SAT IN THE CAR MOTIONLESS FOR AT LEAST TWO FUKIN MINUTES HOW THE FUK CAN THAT BE ACCEPTABLE :x

If it was serious (and I am glad it wasn't) he could have died in those two
minutes :|

Not sure if this is old news or not....I haven't checked the site all week.

Ralf Schumacher looks to be out for the rest of the 2004 World Championship after tests in Germany revealed the Williams driver had suffered two broken vertebra in his Indy crash.

"The diagnosis is a hammer blow," Schumacher admitted to German newspaper Die Bild. "The injury is worse than we originally feared, but there is nothing I can do now but try to get through it. I am already looking forward to the moment where I can sit in the car again.“

Doctors say that Schumacher will need at least three months recovery.

Williams has yet to confirm his replacement for this weekend's French Grand Prix, but reserve driver Marc Gene has been practising pit stops during recent tests. Now that Schumacher looks to be out for the rest of the season it remains to be seen whether Williams will hire a longer-term replacement.

:(

rockin_plumber said:
It is old............ LOL

But how the fuk did the US doctors miss that and let him fly home :shock:
I sense someones gonna get sued!! They bloody well should be...they could have caused permanent damage :x

I have to agree, the time it took to reach Ralf was unacceptable. If you consider the speed of response when Hakkinen had his bad crash in Australia, where he'd stopped breathing. Bergers crash at Imola in 89 ( i think? ) where the Ferrari burst in to flames.

Also Katayama's crash in Portugal 95,where he barrel rolled down the straight, and again his breathing was compromised. All of them received attention within 30 seconds. I know that may not always be possible to get a full medical team there, but to not have a circuit doctor doing an assessment of the driver within 30 - 45 seconds of a major accident is worrying.

I'm glad Ralf only has the injuries his got, and not anything more serious :|

But at least Marc Gene's getting a run out, i like him...............................used to drive for Minardi you know :wink: :D

Mclaren have finally made a step in the right direction :D :banana: :banana: I'm looking forward to tomorrow :D

Did Montoya doze off :?

Results french gp

1 Michael Schumacher (GER) Ferrari 0:00.000
2 Fernando Alonso (ESP) Renault 8.3
3 Rubens Barrichello (BRA) Ferrari 31.6
4 Jarno Trulli (ITA) Renault 32.0
5 Jenson Button (GBR) BAR 32.4
6 David Coulthard (GBR) McLaren 35.5
7 Kimi Räikkönen (FIN) McLaren 36.2
8 Juan Pablo Montoya (COL) Williams 43.4
9 Mark Webber (AUS) Jaguar 52.3
10 Marc Gené (ESP) Williams 58.1
11 Christian Klien (AUT) Jaguar at 1 lap
12 Giancarlo Fisichella (ITA) Sauber at 1 lap
13 Felipe Massa (BRA) Sauber at 1 lap
14 Cristiano Da Matta (BRA) Toyota at 1 lap
15 Olivier Panis (FRA) Toyota at 2 laps
16 Nick Heidfeld (GER) Jordan at 2 laps
17 Giorgio Pantano (ITA) Jordan at 3 laps
18 Gianmaria Bruni (ITA) Minardi at 4 laps
19 Zsolt Baumgartner (HUN) Minardi out
20 Takuma Sato (JPN) BAR out

wicker nomad said:
Mclaren have finally made a step in the right direction :D :banana: :banana: I'm looking forward to tomorrow :D

At least they finished this week LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

And WTF was Trulli playing at on the last corner LOL LOL LOL

Go Rubens :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Schumi is unstoppable :bananarock:

Your right Rockin...they did finish :banana: :banana: Lap times weren't bad either!!

I pissed myself laughing as Rubens passed Trulli LOL LOL

I think Trulli's mind was already on the podium LOL

Fucking crap director though :x :x Only saw the first 2 cars the whole bloody race :x :x I think the time in total showing the others was all of about 3 minutes :x

Bockaaarck said:
Gotta be honest, i thought it was a boring race :|

19.gif

I've always thought the French GP was a bit dull. I'm sure the circuit's great to drive, because its techincal, but it jut isn't that good for watching. Magny Cour is in the middle of nowhere as well.

I think Ferrari did a great job, and Michael deserved to win, Alonso raced well :)

Bockaaarck said:
I've always thought the French GP was a bit dull. I'm sure the circuit's great to drive, because its techincal, but it jut isn't that good for watching. Magny Cour is in the middle of nowhere as well.

I think Ferrari did a great job, and Michael deserved to win, Alonso raced well :)

you're right dear bocky, only cows 50 kms around :D

Back