The Book of Souls

I finally heard The Book of Souls via listening on Baidu yesterday. I'm in China now and I'm still waiting patiently for my copy to arrive but they finally added the album on Baidu and I finally gave it a listen. I think its amazing and fantastic! Very well done! I like the entire album and I heard many elements of all the Maiden albums along with many new great ideas. It all blended very well. From the Drop D tuning in "If Eternety Should Fail" to the piano on "Empire of the Clouds", this album is truly a masterpiece! Iron Maiden is phenomenal! I also heard some elemets of thrash metal on this album and influences of Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Buddy Rich (on "If Eternety Should Fail"), Steve Hackett, Chris Squire (R.I.P), Steve Howe, and a hint of Peter Frampton. "Empire of the Clouds" is an original masterpiece for metal and it sort of reminds me of other masterpieces like Genesis' "Supper's Ready" and Yes' "Closer to the Edge." After finishing my listening of the album within fifteen minutes before teaching my first class, I felt as though I was my students' age again, the same energy I had after listening to Black Sabbath's 13 album shortly before teaching a class two years ago. To make a long story short, my lesson was very well recieved by my students and they were very active, brave, and they even volunteered to participate rather than be chosen for role play. I'm very proud of all my students! I was actually a little nervous yesterday because I had brand new ideas and I didn't know how my students would respond to the new ideas but after listening to the new Maiden album, I was not afraid! Sadly I was a couple of minutes late today, which I took very hard because I was awoken by a loud train going by my school last night and I couldn't get back to sleep. I apologized to everyone but my students were very forgiving and I admire them for their patience. I think they could tell that my lesson was affected today from sleep deprivation. Although I'm very sad because I like to be professional, listening to some new Maiden songs made me feel better today and even though I only got a few hours of sleep, I still put a lot of energy and humor into my class and my students enjoyed my lesson. Some songs I really enjoy are "Tears of A Clown" which we know was inspired by the tragic death of Robin Williams. I wish that I was able to tell him that Good Morning Vietnam inspired my way of teaching as far as being humorous goes although I don't allow dirty words in my class and I'm serious about the learning material. I'm looking forward to seeing Iron Maiden in China because it will be my very first concert overseas. I really hope they will come to Shanghai or Hangzhou because I'm not far from those cities but I'll be glad to see them in Beijing too. I also really hope they will play the entire Book of Souls album live along with two songs from The Final Frontier because its the only album besides The Book of Souls where I haven't heard any of the songs at a Maiden show I attended but I'll be happy just to see them again, especially to hear songs from the phenomenal and amazing Book of Souls album! I also have an idea for performing "Empire of the Clouds" for at least one performance with a full orchestra and a duet with Bruce and pianist Lang Lang. I know its a wild idea but it would be amazing! Most importantly my best wishes go to the band for the tour and especially to Bruce because health is most important, but my message about health is to all of them. Now, time to hear some Book of Souls songs! This album rules! UP THE IRONS!!!! :edlighter: :edmetal: :blaze: :metal: :banana:

ee!!Thanks for your post! :)

The Book Of Souls is a real masterpiece, I can't say more! :)

Looking forward to see Iron Maiden live in Germany next year! :banana:

Thommie said:
ee!!Thanks for your post! :)

The Book Of Souls is a real masterpiece, I can't say more! :)

Looking forward to see Iron Maiden live in Germany next year! :banana:
Xiexie (Thank you in Chinese) :D
I can't agree more. I love the classics, the Blaze era, A Matter of Life and Death and I really loved Brave New World and The Final Frontier. I always talk about the Somewhere In Time album but these days I'm only listening to The Book of Souls album. Its sort of a preparation for seeing them live. It will be great if I can see them twice; one time in America when I go back for Spring Festival, and another time here in China but I'm not sure if they're going to Boston while I'm there and I must save money especially if I want to see them here and if they're coming to America in late February, I might be back in China by that time to start the next term with my students. I would also love to see Maiden in Germany especially because there's some awesome metal festivals there. I've been to Germany two times and I visited Munich, Heidelburg, Frankfurt, and Cologne. I would love to visit Berlin, Dredsen, and Hamburg among other great fascinating cities. I want to go back mostly for the learning experience because I love history and of course, to have fun, make friends and enjoy great food. :)

Back