The all new what are you doing now thread

Should I delete that url?
It can't be illegal 'cause it's so "known" band and no-one has ever banned it (I think)

SW: Also revolutionary were some of the Scorpions album covers, done by Hypgnosis, many of which were banned here in the U.S. When "Love Drive" first came out here, they had to put red wrapping around the album to hide the cover artwork [which I consider the greatest album cover ever! The label eventually changed the cover but the original cover is now available on CD] and the original artwork for "Virgin Killer" was never available here in the states [only as a Japanese import]. Those album covers were very hardcore for the late '70s! Did you have a lot of influence on that artwork?

HR: Yes. In my days living in England I became close friends with some of the people from the designing company Hipgnosis, one of the designers was a guy named Storm, you probably seen many of his covers, from the Led Zeppelin to Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here"...and this is something we wanted to have with the Scorpions. I remember talking to Storm with Klaus Meine, we just had the departure of our long-time guitarist Uli Roth and were working on a new album, we told Storm we wanted an album cover that was highly sophisticated, classic, but at the same time shocking. And he came up with this great cover for "Love Drive," with the chewing gum. And it became cover of the year for Playboy Magazine in 1979. As you know, the American record company couldn't release it in the normal packaging so they had to put red vinyl wrapping to hide it.

twilightsglow said:
The Love Drive one is funny :D
Yeah :D
Never happened to me... :err:
Never really listened Scorpions much, only the ballads.
Do they play something else than loveballads?

ewil said:
Yeah :D
Never happened to me... :err:
Never really listened Scorpions much, only the ballads.
Do they play something else than loveballads?
Yeah, they've got some fast rockers. :D I've got 2 of their albums; there's only a couple ballads on each one.
The only songs that ever get played on the radio are the ballads. :|

twilightsglow said:
Yeah, they've got some fast rockers. :D I've got 2 of their albums; there's only a couple ballads on each one.
The only songs that ever get played on the radio are the ballads. :|
I have just the picture of them being like the Whitesnake: love, love, lovety, love... blaaahh... :|
Maybe they sell the Virgin Killer CD still with this beautiful sleeve... :err:

Rockhardchick666 said:
wow, you guys do need me and ewil to fill up these thingys:D
It has been so lonely here... :cry:
Checked out the sleeve of the Scorpions CD..? :err:
Me and TG have watched some child pr0n... :P LOL

Back