Slightly Different Look

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
We've tweaked some of the board code and style for various reasons. Feedback is valued, but a lot of them have been done with good reason.

A lot more links point at actual posts instead of things like profiles now, the post count links to a search of all your posts.

The index page has been cleaned up, and guests now no longer see the buttons at the bottom of posts, sigs, or the 'Previous/Next' thread options.

You might have also noticed the font size change on the 'View Threads' page a few weeks ago, also part of some similar changes.

If you've noticed any rough edges on the visual style of the forum, I'd appreciate hearing about them here too.

i need to concentrate on this on.

on the old board code there was a arrow to take you to the last post on a certain thread on the Last post collum. this made it easier to see when there were new posts. that arrow os gone now. harder to see the new posts :eek:ops_

compredne?

That link just got moved from a little icon to the whole date.

If you click the date, it has the same effect, and its more usable since its a much larger area than the small icon. (My :2c: )

Well, the whole point of the changes is to allow search engine spiders to understand the structure of the site more easily. Before the mods, clicking the username of the latest post took you to their profile, and a tiny icon took you to the post..

search engines then start ranking user profiles equal with threads, which isnt good.

Just upgraded phpBB to the latest version (2.0.7). If anyone runs into any errors or problems, I'd appreciate it if they could let me know.

Thanks

Jon said:
Just upgraded phpBB to the latest version (2.0.7). If anyone runs into any errors or problems, I'd appreciate it if they could let me know.

Thanks

Should we notice any differences :?

No, nothing should change, but since we run such a modified board here, I have to look at the changes in the new version and apply them by hand to the code that runs here.

As its not automatic, theres a probability that something obscure could be broken that would miss my basic testing of the changed files.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the update, but when I click on 'View Results' on a poll, nothing comes up :? I have to vote in order to see the results. Is this an error, or is it meant to be like this?

Further tweaks to the style today, logged for reference purposes.

Contact details obscured from logged-out users on the profile.
Bug with logged out users displaying a blank Previous/Next bar on new topics

I'll re-emphasise the importance of letting the site remember your username and password, as a ton of the functionality is disabled if you're a guest.

I know wicker nomad gets it now and again.........
It normally happens to me when I make a long post and
clicking back wont retrieve the post.

When I click submit now and again it brings up a page saying

POST MODE NOT SPECIFIED or something very similar?

Anyone else get this :?

If so I'll pm Jon

Back