"Reach Out" - my first listen just now!!!

Wow!
What a great song.
I was like, "Who's singing?" and my son was asking, "Isn't Bruce in this?"
I could hear Bruce in the chorus.
Then I read the credits in the sleeve.
Way to go Adrian! (a damn good vocalist)

The song has such a 'Somewhere In Time' sound - I love that.
Exciting.
Like having a brand new synth song from the boys!!!
Well, if you havn't heard it, it's neat.
Not the "normal" for Maiden, but, very cool just the same.

I was reading my Mick Wall book 'Run To The Hills', and it gave me a craving to give "Reach Out" a listen, so I pulled out the Eddie coffin.

(It's on 'Best Of The B-sides' if you were wondering - or the original 'Wasted Years' single -- I doubt that if you have that you havn't given it a listen, but, I have the archieves and just now heard it. I've had the box set for almost two years now too! :D so, it is possible.)

Frenchy said:
Hey public enemy, you have to listen to A.S.A.P then, the Adrian solo's work 8)

I tried to get his cd!!!

I wanted it ever since he broke off!

I was absolutely burnt to a crisp on Maiden at the time so, I didn't pursue it - thinking that it would be huge and around forever!!!

ASAP were cool, but very dated.

Great guitar work though 8)

I really like Adrians vocals!

The part that sends shivers down your spine is, no doubt, the bit in the chorus where Bruce sings "Reach Ouuuuuuut!!", but it's Adrian that does all the vocal work that makes that one line from Bruce pay off so brilliantly. A superb song!

Yea its a really good song but Its not a typical Maiden song though. It sounds more like glam-pop metal radiorock, or something.

Frenchy said:
Hey public enemy, you have to listen to A.S.A.P then, the Adrian solo's work 8)
A.S.A.P is awesome. I've heard most of it. Adrian is a great singer and there's a lot of fantastic guitar work on the album. And yes, Reach Out is a great song and Adrian did a great job singing it. Adrian Smith also had a band called Psycho Motel. I've got the Welcome to the World album and it kicks ass even though Adrian doesn't sing on it. Andy Makin did a great job on the vocals on that album.

Back