Please talk here

AGuyFromNY said:
yet another spam, this board is great
It sure is
grinning-smiley-003.gif

I think that there's not enough discussion about the topics which are sent on this forum

What about you ?????

:eek:

the_nomad said:
I think that there's not enough discussion about the topics which are sent on this forum

What about you ?????

I agree, does anyone remember Topics ??? :? the chocolate bar, slightly chewy if i remember corrctly, but not as nice as a Curly Wurly :D

I love curly wurlys :D ...btw...you can still get topics :) and there are mini ones in boxes of celebrations :D

without any doubt the best chocolate bar is bananko. its a croatian chocolate bar. it is chocolate with something that tastes like a bannana inside. too bad you can't stop eating them once you start

Bockaaarck said:
the_nomad said:

What about you ?????

I agree, does anyone remember Topics ??? :? the chocolate bar, slightly chewy if i remember corrctly, but not as nice as a Curly Wurly :D

Whats got a hazelnut in every bite.......................TOPIC

AGuyFromNY said:

I'll take a look. I know the most read thread is probably the MP3 hub registration one, so it might be the longest too..

Update: 365 posts 6040 views probably does make it the biggest thread on the board. Unless anyone else knows otherwise.

i think that nobody knows except mods.

if we are changing subjects i'll change it as well

what is thje best thread on maiden-world?

Jon said:
I'll take a look. I know the most read thread is probably the MP3 hub registration one, so it might be the longest too..
i was asking about the limit. on official BB it is 3000 posts per thread.

AGuyFromNY said:
i was asking about the limit. on official BB it is 3000 posts per thread.

I dont think phpBB enforces a limit on the number of posts in a thread, although I'm sure over a certain amount the threads would bring the database server to its knees.

Technical estimates would say, from a standard mySQL configuration, you could put up to 16777214 posts in a topic, as that is the limit of the mediumint field used in mysql to store post ID's. Of course, since very post takes an ID it will be less than that on boards that have more than one thread (i.e. all of them).

Thats forgetting the fact that a few trivial modifications could make that field an UNSIGNED INT or UNSIGNED BIGINT taking the limits to 4294967294 or 18446744073709551614 respectively. Of course, the DB server would die before then, since the SQL queries that build topic pages query for all records in the topics table.

I'm not going to cross post this into the new thread MaidenMadness made, because that would spoil the fun, but I guess the more observant of you could ;)

Back