OT: fora citati

Ivan

znam da ovo baš i nije neka super luda tema ali ja sam naišao na par mjesta gdje su me citati totalno razvalili
pa, evo da počnemo
mislim da (ako se bobo slaže) ovdje mogu ostati citati na engleskom ako se nekome ne da prevodit

može i filmski citati dakako, čak mislim da tamo ima zbilja stvari za pamtit.
ako tko ne zna gdje ih naći (a znate iz kojeg su filma) odite na ww.imdb.com i pogledajte memorable quotes, naravnmo za taj film iz kojeg tražite
(i odmah da rješim maiden citate)

Bruceovi odabrani citati (inače u buduće neću ovako kopirat masovno citate, ali mislim da će većina odmah krenut na maiden citate pa da ih ja rješim)
A few of these interviews have gone slightly awry, because every now and again there has been the odd conflict of interest between interviews because of the Iron Maiden record, and I am a bit long-winded.
Bruce Dickinson

A guy called Arthur Brown... was a big influence of mine... and also Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull.
Bruce Dickinson

Best two rock voices I've heard in a last few years both have been from grunge bands: it's Eddie Vedder and the other one is Chris Cornell from Soundgarden.
Bruce Dickinson

I am taking a break, but not a huge break because the Maiden record is actually happening right now, and I am recording it as we speak, well not right as we speak, but close.
Bruce Dickinson

I do like Marylin Manson, actually. I think, he's very talented and he did make some great music.
Bruce Dickinson

I don't like being recognised, I have no interest in being famous at all, I just do what I do. If I could be like Captain Kirk and beam myself up and then beam myself down, I would!
Bruce Dickinson

I enjoy making solo albums because over the years it's evolved into more of a genuine personal expression of story-telling and day dreams, and I work in a way that has more control.
Bruce Dickinson

I find that fencing and training give me more stamina and help me deal with the craziness of being on the road so much.
Bruce Dickinson

I guess that the salary that they get when they are working with me is, like, it beats working at McDonalds, so it has got some things going for it.
Bruce Dickinson

I shall refract myself, yes, I shall no longer be known as the prism.
Bruce Dickinson

I'll be arriving at the last possible minute and walking on stage raging and pillaging and then disappearing immediately afterwards.
Bruce Dickinson

I'm a ham. I was immediately attracted to fencing because it seemed like a romantic, melodramatic form of combat.
Bruce Dickinson

I'm not going to do any more solo touring.
Bruce Dickinson

I've always enjoyed reading lyrics, trying to do them more than just lyrics, trying to have some more meaning in them. I know a lot of people are just happy to have a kind of broken word lyrics. I just wonder why, there's no reason why they can't at least attempt to do something a bit better.
Bruce Dickinson

If it all just happens like this for the rest of my life, it's going to be one endless Groundhog Day. I determined that I was not prepared to submit to this regime, so I thought I had to do something about it.
Bruce Dickinson

Iron Maiden is an institution, and I'm delighted that I'm involved in it, but there was a time that I wasn't delighted so I quit.
Bruce Dickinson

Life on the road can get a little one-dimensional. I didn't want to reach 40 and have to say all I'd done was look out the window of a tour bus and get drunk.
Bruce Dickinson

Major labels blow all their money massively and blame it on the band.
Bruce Dickinson

Rock music should be gross: that's the fun of it. It gets up and drops its trousers.
Bruce Dickinson

That gives me tremendous encouragement and optimism for the human race in general, that people choose to go off and do their own things.
Bruce Dickinson

The more guitars we have onstage the better, as I'm concerned.
Bruce Dickinson

The mystical poetry of William Blake's artwork also forms the basis for the album cover.
Bruce Dickinson

The prolific spurt has passed. I have spurted my prolificness! I have squirted my whatever from the whatever, the acatalectic record of mankind and have decided to repose myself until after the new Iron Maiden record.
Bruce Dickinson

There are a lot of stuff on the record that I am thinking is generic but actually it is just as good as everybody else who is putting stuff out at the time.
Bruce Dickinson

Well, it's a nice quiet time for Iron Maiden, and I'll be releasing a new solo album next year, so this is a really good time for the managing out my solo career, which is quite well.
Bruce Dickinson

Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative.
Bruce Dickinson

When I left the band, what the band did is really their own business. And their career - they got on with it, and I got on with my career.
Bruce Dickinson

When I write with Maiden, then I write only with the guys in Maiden, we don't do songs from outside people.
Bruce Dickinson

i adrianovi:

A band is sort of like a star. It reaches a peak and burns out. To have five guys working in perfect harmony longer than a couple years is difficult.
Adrian Smith

A lot of people sort of regard me as a melodic guitar player amongst the fury.
Adrian Smith

After a really great gig at Fiddlers Green in Denver on Tuesday we travelled the next day to Los Angeles for a two day break before the show at the Greek Theatre.
Adrian Smith

As a musician it's very easy to get influenced by other people and say, 'God, that sounds really cool, let's do something like that.' We managed to resist that.
Adrian Smith

As far as the crowd goes, we were expecting a fairly laid back LA attitude, but were nicely surprised by the tremendous reaction. They were with us right from start to finish.
Adrian Smith

Blaze was leaving Maiden and it seemed like the right timing for Bruce and I. It all just came together.
Adrian Smith

Bruce lets us get on with playing. But at concerts we all connect really.
Adrian Smith

But the next album probably would have sold nothing. Fans would have known it's just another bank job.
Adrian Smith

Coming back to the band I approach songs I used to play 10 years ago quite differently now. That's added a different dimension to the band.
Adrian Smith

Dickinson really knows how to connect with an audience. You can have the best band musically in the world, but you need someone who also can breach the gap between the audience and the band. He does it very well.
Adrian Smith

I appreciate now stepping out on stage in front of Maiden's audience. You've just got to throw yourself into the whole thing.
Adrian Smith

I did need to do some other things. If I hadn't I wouldn't be back in the band today, and I wouldn't be as happy as I am now.
Adrian Smith

I enjoyed being able to share with student leaders how I try to apply God's principles with my service in the Nebraska Legislature. What an experience to make new friends, learn about politics, and develop your skills as a leader!
Adrian Smith

I guess the word must be getting around that we're back with a vengeance.
Adrian Smith

I spent the down time with my family and also managed to get in a bit of bonus for me. I love playing the shows, but it's really nice to get some time to ourselves.
Adrian Smith

I think a lot of people are going to want to see it, simply because I've been out on the road with Bruce for the last couple of years, and from what I have gathered on the road, people will be very interested to hear it.
Adrian Smith

I think it will sound amazing as we all play slightly differently. In a concert situation it will be interesting as well, because it keeps changing the focal point which makes it interesting from an audience perspective.
Adrian Smith

I think it's going to be really cool, because of the atmosphere between us. There's a good feeling about this tour and you can sense the anticipation and the buzz about it.
Adrian Smith

I think they think we are a heavy metal band. But there's a lot more to the band, more progressive elements and subtle elements.
Adrian Smith

I've seen everyone individually over the years, but it's the first time we've all been together in a working situation for a long time - it must be almost 8 years in times of the band. We built up our own language over a period of time. We fell back into that straight away.
Adrian Smith

If ever there was a band where three guitars could compliment the music, it was Maiden. There are a lot of guitar harmonies and guitar parts.
Adrian Smith

It feels great. It feels better than ever being back.
Adrian Smith

It just felt like it was the right time, sort of a new beginning with the year 2000 and new blood in the band.
Adrian Smith

It's great to be playing back with the guys again. Everyone's relaxed and happy about it and we're looking forward to playing all the classic Maiden songs on this tour. It's kind of uncanny.
Adrian Smith

It's like a crowd cheering for their favorite soccer team. They are willing you on. You feel all this great energy coming from them.
Adrian Smith

It's pretty heavy stuff, modern hard rock I call it.
Adrian Smith

Like the album, we try to take all the ingredients from the best shows we've done in the past 15 odd years. We've gone back to doing a real spectacular show.
Adrian Smith

More importantly, it was a chance for us all to meet up and hang out for a couple of hours and we started to scratch the surface talking about the musical side of things. I think you need the chemistry as the band is made up of such personalities and that makes it what it is.
Adrian Smith

Our goal is to make a great album for the fans and ourselves no matter who wrote the songs. It's a sort of 'Check your ego at the door kind of thing.' I think we managed to do that.
Adrian Smith

That means everyone only presents their best work. None of us gets complacent. We've got to have a bit of friction in the band. It's all about chemistry.
Adrian Smith

That's why the situation in Maiden is so great now. We went out and expressed ourselves (musically) in other ways and have come back looking from a different perspective at the band. We're able to transfer some fresh energy.
Adrian Smith

The band has always stayed close to its fans and not sold out. That's a very rare thing. I can see how rare that is having been outside of the band for eight years. Maiden has integrity. I think people appreciate that.
Adrian Smith

The most important thing is we have never sounded like anybody. It's a very different sound.
Adrian Smith

The only bad part of the show was when Davey fell and injured his little finger of his left hand during the encores. He is having the injury looked at by a doctor and hopefully it's not too serious.
Adrian Smith

The photo session went really well, apart from the fact I had flu. It went very well.
Adrian Smith

The show itself generally went really well for us with the onstage sound being good.
Adrian Smith

The songs are long and I think there's a lot of space there for three guitar players. It will compliment the music and it's never really been done before in the rock and metal field - obviously Skynyrd, but I don't think in the metal field it's been done, which gives it an exciting dimension.
Adrian Smith

There's a lot of interesting stuff we can work with - but I don't think it means we're going to have 98 guitar solos in each song, I think it'll be more of a textural thing.
Adrian Smith

We also heard that we broke the record for merchandise sales at the venue. That makes it two in a row 'cos the same thing happened at Denver!
Adrian Smith

We are one of the last heavy metal bands. Iron Maiden has always been unique.
Adrian Smith

We came pretty close. You set high standards for yourself. We're pretty proud of it.
Adrian Smith

We do get a lot of feed back from the Internet and there have been constant rumours for the last couple of years of a reformation of the 80's line up.
Adrian Smith

We tried to take all the good things about Maiden over the last 15 to 20 years and distill it into one record.
Adrian Smith

We try and stay out of the corporate side of it. The band has never compromised. At some point in our career we could have made a certain type of record and sold millions of units, as they are called.
Adrian Smith

We wanted to take the progressive elements, the melodic side of it and the anthem kind of songs, and the heavy element, and get a great producer and put it down on record.
Adrian Smith

We've got five guys in the band writing songs. The competition is fierce. At the same time, I wouldn't step back into a situation if I thought I'd be frustrated.
Adrian Smith

You've got to look toward the whole rather than just your own situation. We all have our own ideas. Sometimes there's a bit of a conflict, but that's good.
Adrian Smith

meni ovaj citat rastura (zato sam ga i stavio u signature)

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Leonardo da Vinci

moji današnji omiljeni filmski citati

(with honors)

Simon Wilder: Which door do I leave from?
Proffesor Pitkannan: At Harvard we don't end our sentences with prepositions.
Simon Wilder: Okay. Which door do I leave from, asshole?

(love actually ili na hrvatskom ''zapravo ljubav'')
Billy Mack: Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs.
(pause)
Become a pop star, and they give you them for free.

i posljedni
(the life of david gale ili na hrvatskom život davida galea :D )

[Governor Hardin and David Gale are engaged in a debate on Batter's Box]

Governor Hardin: Alan, let me say something I always say and I'm gonna keep on saying. And that is that I HATE killin'. That's why my administration is willing to kill to stop it.
David Gale: So, you don't subscribe to the idea that 'a good state is the one that protects its most despised members?'
Governor Hardin: It's a nice liberal idea. But, like most nice liberal ideas, naive.
David Gale: It's a quote from you, Governor. From your first state attorney campaign
Governor Hardin: [flustered] You've got me, Professor. But let me, in my defense, offer YOU a quote. Winston Churchill: 'If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart, if you're still a liberal at thirty, you've got no brain.'
[studio audience laughs]
David Gale: So, basically, you feel, to choose another quote, 'society must be cleansed of elements which represent its own death.'
Governor Hardin: Well, yes. I'd have to agree.
[laughs]
Governor Hardin: Did I say that too?
David Gale: No, that was Hitler.

evo 2 smiješna
Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.
Woody Allen

So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
Christina Aguilera

Fabienne: Butch, whose motorcycle is this?
Butch: It’s a chopper.
Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?
ButchH: Zed’s.
Fabienne: Who’s Zed?
Butch: Zed’s dead, baby, Zed’s dead.

Pulp Fiction

BoBo said:
Fabienne: Butch, whose motorcycle is this?
Butch: It’s a chopper.
Fabienne: Whose chopper is this?
ButchH: Zed’s.
Fabienne: Who’s Zed?
Butch: Zed’s dead, baby, Zed’s dead.

Pulp Fiction

film koji nikako nisam zavolio, a trudio sam se i svejedno mi je katastrofa
(sa par dobrih scena)
moj jedan od kraljeva citata
AL BUNDY

Al: Ah, home sweet hell

_______
Al: Peg, do we really need Christmas icicles? It's May.
Peggy: Well you'll thank me in December.
Al: Only if you leave me in November.

Discworld:
"The difference between Gods and demons is like difference between freedom fighters and terrorists" -- from "Eric"
"Luck is my middle name. Mind you, my first name is Bad." --Rincewind

Albert grunted. "Do you know what happens to lads who ask too many questions?"
Mort thought for a moment.
"No," he said eventually, "what?"
There was silence.
Then Albert straightened up and said, "Damned if I know. Probably they get answers, and serve 'em right."
--From "Mort"

"Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead."
--Rincewind, The Light Fantastic

He did of course sometimes have people horribly tortured to death, but this was considered to be perfectly acceptable behaviour for a civic ruler and generally approved of by the overhelming majority of citizens. [footnote: The overhelming majority of citizens being defined in this case as everyone not currently hanging upside down over a scorpion pit]
--Sourcery

Of course, Ankh-Morpork's citizens had always claimed that the river water was incredibly pure. Any water that had passed through so many kidneys, they reasoned, had to be very pure indeed.
--Sourcery

Rincewind: I'm not going to ride on a magic carpet! I'm afraid of grounds.
Conina: You mean heights. And stop being silly.
Rincewind: I know what I mean! It's the grounds that kill you!
--Sourcery

All dwarfs have beards and wear up to twelve layers of clothing. Gender is more or less optional.
--Guards! Guards!

All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee.
--Guards! Guards!

The three rules of the Librarians of Time and Space are: 1) Silence; 2) Books must be returned no later than the date last shown; and 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality.
--Guards! Guards!

There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.

Ovo je iz jednog od fenomenalnih serijala "Discworld" od Terrya Pratchetta. Probajte si pročitati par prvih knjiga, zakon su.

Myth serijal od Roberta Asprina, citati(neki stvarni a neki i izmišljeni) na početku svakog poglavlja:

"There are things on heaven and earth, Horatio, Man was not meant to know." - Hamlet

"Things are not always as they seem." - Mandrake

"The only thing more reliable than magik is one's friends!" - MacBeth

"Careful planning is the key to safe and swift travel." - Ulysses

"Only constant and conscientious practice in the Martial Arts will ensure a long and happy life." - B. Lee

"Attention to detail is the watchword for gleaning information from an unsuspecting witness." - Insp. Clouseau

"Is there anything in the universe more beautiful and protective than the simple complexity of a spider's web?" - Charlotte

"In times of crisis, it is of utmost importance not to lose one's head." - M. Antoinette

"To function efficiently, any group of people or employees must have faith in their leader." - Capt Bligh (ret.)

"Man shall never reach his full capacity while chained to the earth. We must take wing and conquer the heavens." - Icarus

"One of the joys of travel is visiting new towns and meeting new people." - G. Khan

"First impressions are of major importance in business matters." - J. Pierpont Finch

"The secret of winning the support of large groups of people is positive thinking." - N. Bonaparte

"A little help at the right time is better than a lot of help at the wrong time." - Tevye

"Anyone who uses the phrase 'easy as taking candy from a baby' has never tried taking candy from a baby." - R. Hood

"Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless." - T. Edison

"The wonders of the ages assembled for your edification, education and enjoyment - for a price." - P. T. Barnum

"No matter what the product or service might be, you can find it somewhere else cheaper!" - E. Scrooge

"By perserving over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination." - C. Columbus

"With the proper consideration in choice of allies, victory may be guaranteed in any conflict." - B. Arnold

"One must deal openly and fairly with one's forces if maximum effectiveness is to be acheived." - D. Vader

"This is another fine myth you've gotten me into!" - Lor L. and Har D.

"Since prehistoric man, no battle has ever gone as planned." - D. Graeme

"Ya gotta be subtle!" - M. Hammer

"Just because you've beaten a sorcerer, doesn't mean you've beaten a sorcerer." - Toth-Aamon

"A woman, like a good piece of music, should have a solid end." - F. Schubert
Myth Conceptions (1980)

"Life is a series of rude awakenings" - R.V. Winkle

"First impressions, being the longest lasting, are of utmost importance" - J. Carter

"Ninety percent of any business transaction is selling yourself to the client" - X. Hollander

"If the proper preparations have been made and the necessary precautions taken, any staged event is guaranteed success" - Ethelred the Unready

"...Eye of newt, toe of frog..." - Believed to be the first recipe for an explosive mixture... The forerunner of gunpowder

"That's entertainment!" - Vlad the Impaler

"Numerical superiority is of no consequence. In battle, victory will go to the best tactician" - G.A. Custer

"Anything worth doing, is worth doing for a profit" - Teresias

"There is more at stake here than our lives" -Col. Travis, Alamo Pep Talk

"One need not fear superior numbers if the opposing force has been properly scouted and appraised" - S. Bull

"Should old acquaintance be forgot..." - Count of Monte Cristo

"Tis is no game for old men! Send in the boys!" - W. Hays

"Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce" - Henry VIII

"We're looking for a few good men" - B. Cassidy

"I'll worry about it tomorrow" - S. O'Hara

"Myth-conceptions are the major cause of wars!" - A. Hitler

"Diplomacy is the delicate weapon of the civilized warrior" - Hun, A.T.

"Just before the battle, Mother, I was thinking mos of you..." - Sonny Barker

"What if they gave a war and only one side came-" - Lucifer

"Chain of command is the backbone of military structure and must be strictly obeyed" - F. Christian

"It takes a giant to fight a giant" - H. Prym

"Hell hath no fury like a demon scorched" - C. Mather

"What is this, a Chinese fire drill?" - Sun Tzu

"...and then I said to myself, 'Why should I split it two ways-'" - G. Mouser

"Is everybody happy?" - Machiavelli

"All's well that ends well" - E.A. Poe

"Dragons and Demons and Kings, Oh my!" - The cowardly Klahd

"When old friends get together, everything else fades to insignificance." - War, Famine, Pestilence and Death

"That's funny, I never have any trouble with service when I'm shopping." - K. Kong

"'Weird' is a relative, not an absolute term." - Baron Frank N. Furter

"Noting is impossible. Anything can be accomplished with proper preparation and planning." - Ponce De Leon

"Now you see it, now you don't." - H. Shadowspawn

"A friend in need is a pest." - Fafhrd

"Once more into the breach..." - Zarna, the human cannonball

"War may be hell ... but it's good for business!" - The association for Merchants, Manufacturers and Morticians

"Old heroes never die; they reappear in sequels" - M. Moorcock

"What do you mean, 'You've got a little job for me'?" - Hercules

"Out of the frying pan, into der fire." - The Swedish Chef

"If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bullshit!" - Prof. H. Hill

"As any magician will tell you - Myth Directions is the secret of a successful steal." - D. Henning

"--Or was it unlock the safe then swim to the surface?" - H. Houdini

"...and then the fun began." - N. Bonaparte

"I'm sure we can talk things out like civilized people." - J. Wayne

"What's the point-spread on World War III?" - R. Reagan

"Why should I have to pay a troll just to cross a bridge?" - B. G. Gruff

"What are friends for?" - R. M. Nixon

"We've got an unbeatable team!" - Sauron

"No matter what the game, no matter what the rules, the same rules apply to both sides!" - Hoyle's Law

"Life is full of little surprises." - Pandora

"This contest has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen." - H. Cosell

"If you can't win fair, just win!" - U. S. Grant

"Winning isn't the most important thing; it's the only thing!" - J. Caesar

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls --" - M. Ali

"There's something to be said for relatives...it has to be said because it's unprintable!" - A. Einstein

"When things are blackest, I just tell myself 'cheer up, things could be worse!' And sure enough, they get worse!" - Skeeve

"Once a knight, always a knight, But once a king is once too often!" - Sir Bella of Eastmarch

"Duty: A fee paid for transacting in good(s)." - U.S. Dept. of Commerce

"The only thing worse than a sorcerer is a sorcerer's apprentice." - M. Mouse

"Good information is hard to get. Doing anything with it is even harder!" - L. Skywalker

"There is no counter for a spirited woman except spirited drink." - R. Butler

"Choose your friends carefully. Your enemies will choose you!" - Y. Arafat

"I don't know why anyone would be nervous about going to see royalty." - P. in Boots

"Superior firepower is an invaluable tool when entering into negotiations." - G. Patton

"Tell you what. Let me sweeten the deal a bit for you...." - Beelzebub

"I'm making this up as I go along!" - I. Jones

"Marriage, being a lifelong venture, must be approached with care and caution." - Bluebeard

"Some farewells are easier than others." - P. Marlowe

"In a war against organized crime, survival is a hit or myth proposition." - M. Bolan

"It's always easier to destroy than create." - Any general, any army, any age.

"The best laid plans often go fowl." - Wile E. Coyote

"Life can be profitable, if you know the odds." - Ripley

"These blokes need to be taught to respect their superiors." - Gen. Cornwallis

"Figure the last thing you would expect the enemy to do, then count on him doing precisely that!" - Richelieu

"Stayin' alive! Stayin' alive!" - V. Dracula

"Reputations are fine up to a point. After that they become a pain!" - D. Juan

"Success often hinges on choosing a reliable partner." - Remus

"Reliable information is a must for sucessful planning." - C. Columbus

"It is useless to try to plan for the unexpected . . . by definition!" - A. Hitchcock

"To survive, one must be able to adapt to changing situations." - Tyrannosaurus Rex.

"An agent is a vampire with a telephone!" - Any editor

"I don't see anything thrilling about it!" - M. Jackson

"My colleauges and I feel that independents like ElfQuest are nothing but sheeps in wolves' clothing!" - S. Lee

"What's wrong with a little harmless crime once in a while?" - M. Blaise

"Nice jail. Looks strong." - H. Houdini

"For the right person, the impossible is easy!" - Dumbo

"I've never seen so damn many indians." - G. A. Custer

"Relax, Julie. Everyone will understand." - Romeo

"Everybody needs a career manager!" - Lady MacBeth

"Don't be fooled by appearances." - Malloy

"The trail's got to be 'round here somewhere!" - D. Boone

"I didn't come all this way to sit out the fight!" - R. Balboa

"All right, pilgrim. This is between you and me!" - A. Hamilton

"There's no accounting for taste!" - Colonel Sanders

"The difference between an inside straight and a blamed fool is callin' the last bet!" - B. Maverick

"Kids? Who said anything about kids?" - Conan

"I'm doing this for your own good!" - Any establishment executioner ... or any parent

"A doll is a doll is a doll." - F. Sinatra

"Such stuff dreams are made of." - S. Beauty

"Bring the whole family ... but leave the kids at home!" - R. McDonald

"There's a time to fight, and a time to hide out!" - B. Cassidy

"What did I do wrong?" - Lear, Rex

"They never let you live it down. One little mistake!" - Nero

"A Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down!" - L. Borgia

"I belive we're under attack." - Col. Travis

"No one should hide their true self behind a false face." - L. Chaney

"Your Majesty should pay attention to his appearance." - H. C. Anderson

"Sometimes luck isn't enough." - L. Luciano

"I need all the friends I can get." - Quasimodo

"I thought we were friends!" - Banquo

"Shut up and deal!" - F. D. R.

"Cast your fate to the winds." - L. Bernstein

"Can't you take a joke?" - T. Eulenspiegel

"Sow what else is new?" - W. Cronkite

"Petty crime is the scourge of business today." - D. Lorean

"It all hinges on your definition of 'a good time'!" - L. Borgia

"It's all a matter of taste." - B. Midler

"If you're too busy to help your friends, you're too busy!" - L. Iacocca

"What fools these mortals be." - Smaug

"Not everything in life is funny." - R. L. Asprin

"Nobody's seen it all!" - Marco Polo

"They don't make 'em like they used to!" - H. Ford

"It's not even a nice place to visit!" - Fodor's Guide To Perv

"Taxis are water soluble" - G. Kelly

"I just need to pick up a few things" - I. Marcos

"There's no place like home!" - H. Johnson

"...On the street where you live" - Quote from an anonymous extortion note

"There's never a cop around when you need one!" - A. Capone

"...You gotta start somewhere" - S. McDuck

"All financiers are not created equal!" - R. Corman

"How come I get all the hard questions?" - O. North

"HOLY BATSHIT, FATMAN! I mean..." - Robin

"Who? Me, Officer?" - J. Dillinger

"Parting is such sweet sorrow" - Figaro

"Easy credit terms available..." - Satan

"You can judge the success of a man by his bodyguards!" - Prince

"Bibbity... bobbity..." - S. Strange, M.D.

"'M' is for many things she taught me..." - Oedipus

"I am not a crook!" - Any crook

"Were you looking for me?" - Dr. Livingstone

"What am I doing here?" - Any recruit, any army

"What do you mean my characters talk funny?" - D. Runyon

"We want to make you feel at home!" - L. Borgia

"Just a little off the top!" - A. Boleyn

"Squeeze, don't jerk, the trigger" - R. Rogers

"When I travel, nobody knows me ... and I like it that way!" - S. King

"Boards don't hit back!" - B. Lee

"To Serve and Protect..." - Traditional motto of protection rackets

"It takes one to know one!" - Jack D. Ripper

"Manners are acquired, not inherited!" - S. Penn

"Now, here's my plan!" - R. Burns

"That's why the lady is a tramp!" - B. Midler

"It sure looks to me like a big night tonight!" - Arthur, Rex

"Weren't you expecting me?" - J. Rambo

"You countermanded me on whose authority?" - Pope John

"An army travels on its paperwork!" - J. Carlson

"So what's wrong with following established procedures?" - M. Gorbachev

"Ya gotta speak the language" - N. Webster

"Has anybody got a plan?" - G.A. Custer

"We must hurry... It's almost over!" - P. Fogg

"I want a rematch!" - M. Tyson

Crna Guja, serija nad serijama:
You wouldn't know a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Subtle Plans Are Here Again'
--Lord Blackadder, 'Blackadder's Christmas Carol'

This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpetting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'. A large crisis requires a large plan. Get me two pencils and a pair of underpants.
--Blackadder, "Goodbyeee"

Baldrick: No, the thing is: The way I see it, these days there's a war on, right? and, ages ago, there wasn't a war on, right? So, there must have been a moment when there not being a war on went away, right? and there being a war on came along. So, what I want to know is: How did we get from the one case of affairs to the other case of affairs?
Edmund: Do you mean "How did the war start?"
Baldrick: Yeah.
George: The war started because of the vile Hun and his villainous empire-building.
Edmund: George, the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganiki. I hardly think that we can be entirely absolved of blame on the imperialistic front.
George: Oh, no, sir, absolutely not. (aside, to Baldrick) Mad as a bicycle!
Baldrick: I heard that it started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry.
Edmund: I think you mean it started when the Archduke of Austro-Hungary got shot.
Baldrick: Nah, there was definitely an ostrich involved, sir.
--Goodbyeee

Oh, no, thank you, sir -- I wouldn't miss this show for anything. I am as excited as a very excited person who's got a special reason to be excited, sir.
--George, "Goodbyeee"

George: You know, I won't half miss you chaps after the war. Baldrick: Don't worry, Lieutenant -- I'll come visit you. George: Will you really? Oh bravo! Yes, jump into the old jalopy and come down and stay in the country, and we can relive the old times.
Edmund: What, dig a hole in the garden, fill it with water, and get your gamekeeper to shoot at us all day?
George: You know, that's the thing I don't really understand about you, Cap. You're a professional soldier, and yet, sometimes you sound as though you bally well haven't enjoyed soldiering at all.
Edmund: Well, you see, George, I did like it, back in the old days when the prerequisite of a British campaign was that the enemy should under no circumstances carry guns -- even spears made us think twice. he kind of people we liked to fight were two feet tall and armed with dry grass.
--Goodbyeee

You know, over these last few years, I've come to think of you as a sort of son. Not a favourite son, of course -- lord, no! -- more a sort of illegitimate backstairs sort of sprog, you know: a sort of spotty squib that nobody really likes. But, nonetheless, still fruit of my overactive loin.
--Melchett, "Goodbyeee"

I think the phrase rhymes with 'clucking bell'.
--Blackadder, "Goodbyeee"

George: No, really -- this is brave, splendid and noble! Sir?
Edmund: Yes, Lieutenant?
George: I'm scared, sir.
Baldrick: I'm scared too, sir.
George: I mean, I'm the last of the tiddlywinking leapfroggers from the Golden Summer of 1914. I don't want to die. I'm really not overkeen on dying at all, sir.
Edmund: How are you feeling, Darling?
Darling: Erm, not all that goo, Blackadder -- rather hoped I'd get through the whole show; go back to work at Pratt & Sons; keep wicket for the Croydon gentlemen; marry Doris... Made a note in my diary on my way here. Simply says, "Bugger."
--Goodbyeee

s vremenom koje ja provodim na internetu u zadnje vrijeme trebat će mi 3 dana da ovo sve pročitam

Homer: Marge? Since I'm not talking to Lisa, would you please ask her to pass me the syrup?
Marge: Dear, please pass your father the syrup, Lisa.
Lisa: Bart, tell Dad I will only pass the syrup if it won't be used on any meat product.
Bart: You dunkin' your sausages in that syrup homeboy?
Homer: Marge, tell Bart I just want to drink a nice glass of syrup like I do every morning.
Marge: Tell him yourself, you're ignoring Lisa, not Bart.
Homer: Bart, thank your mother for pointing that out.
Marge: Homer, you're not not-talking to me and secondly I heard what you said.
Homer: Lisa, tell your mother to get off my case.
Bart: Uhhh, dad, Lisa's the one you're not talking to.
Homer: Bart, go to your room.

ovaj je zbilja LOL LOL LOL LOL

Borat: My country send me to United States to make movie-film. Please, come and see my film. If it not success, I will be execute.
Borat: [to American Audience] We support your war of terror.
Borat: [while driving] Look, there is a woman in a car! Can we follow her and maybe make a sexy time with her?
Driving Instructor: No, no, no, no, no, no!
Borat: A-why not?
Driving Instructor: Because a woman has the right to choose who she has sex with.
Borat: [stunned] WHAT...? You joke?
Driving Instructor: It must be consensual. How 'bout that?
Borat: [turns to Instructor, pauses] Ahahahahaha!
Driving Instructor: That's good, huh?
Borat: [pause] Is not good for me.
Azamat: [arguing with Borat] What's in California?
Borat: [making it up] Pearl Harbor is there. So is Texas.
Borat: What's up with it, Vanilla face? Me and my homie Azamat just parked our slab outside. We're looking for somewhere to post up our Black asses for the night. So, uh, bang bang, skeet skeet, nigga. Just a couple of pimps, no hos.
Oxanna: [as Borat is leaving] If you cheat on me, I will snap off your cock!
Borat: [later] Sadly, I cannot go after Pamela or else my wife will snap off my cock.
Borat: Although Kazakhstan a glorious country, it have a problem, too: economic, social, and Jew.
Borat: You telling me the man who try to put a rubber fist in my anus was a homosexual?
Dinner host: I'm calling the police!
Borat: Why you call police? The retard escape?
Borat: Go, kids! Smash the Jew chick before it hatches!
Borat: What kind of dog is this?
Zookeeper: It's a tortoise.
Borat: Is it a cat in a hat?
Zookeeper: No... it's a tortoise in a shell.
Borat: [narrating] He insist we not fly in case the Jews repeated their attack of 9/11.
Borat: He is my neighbor Nushuktan Tulyiagby. He is pain in my assholes. I get a window from a glass, he must get a window from a glass. I get a step, he must get a step. I get a clock radio, he cannot afford. Great success!
Borat Sagdiyev: What kind of car can I buy that attract woman with shaved vazhïn?
Car Dealership owner: That would be a Corvette. Or a Hummer.
Borat: I want to have a car that attract a woman with shave down below.
Car Dealership owner: Well that would be a Corvette. Or a Hummer.
[starts showing Borat cars]
Car Dealership owner: We'll try to help you out here.
Borat: A man yesterday, tell me if I buy a car I must buy one with a pussy magnet.
Car Dealership owner: He means a car that women like.
Borat: Yes, but where do you keep this magnet?
Car Dealership owner: [interrupts] No. There's no magnet he just means the vehicle. Women love the Hummers.
Borat: Do this have a pussy magnet?
Car Dealership owner: No. The vehicle itself would be a magnet.
Borat: If I give you good price, will you please put in pussy magnet?
Car Dealership owner: Yeah but there's no-there's no such thing in this country as a-as a magnet.
Borat: If this car drive into a group of gypsies, will there be any damage to the car?
Car Dealership owner: It depends on how hard you hit them and all that.
Borat: *Hard*
Car Dealership owner: You might-if somebody rolls on the windshield, they could crack your windshield.
Borat: How fast do I need to go to guarantee I kill them?
Car Dealership owner: Uh-let me tell you something with this vehicle here probably doing 35-45 miles per hour will do it.
Borat: Great! When I uh, buy my wife, at the start she was uh, cook good, her vazhïn work well, and she strong on plow. But after three years when she was fifteen, then she become weak, her voice become deep: BORAT BORAT, eh, she receive hair on chest, and vazhïn hang like sleeve of wizard.
Car Dealership owner: Huh-Jesus...
Borat: How do I know that this will not happen with the car?
Car Dealership owner: Chevrolette guarantees you that with a warranty.
Borat: I like-a very much buy this Hummers, how much is it?
Car Dealership owner: Fifty-two thousand.
Borat: I am looking for something between um, six-hundred to uh... six-hundred and fifty dollars.
Car Dealership owner: We don't have any cars for six-fifty that you can buy. I might be able to sell you a wholesale car, a car with a lot of miles for seven-hundred with no warranty.
Borat: And what is this?
Store Clerk (uncredited): That’s cheese.
Borat: And what of this?
Store Clerk (uncredited): That’s cheese...
Borat: And this?
Store Clerk (uncredited): That’s cheese...
Borat: And what is this? Rice?
Store Clerk (uncredited): No that’s cheese, this is all cheese here.
Borat: But this say "Crackers", this not cheese.
Store Clerk (uncredited): No Crackers is the brand, that’s cheese...
Atlanta Teenager: What kinda music you listen to?
Borat: I uh like a very much Korki Buchek you know Korki Buchek?
Atlanta Teenager: [confused]
Borat: Bing-Bang-Bing-Bang-Bing-dl-dl-ding-ding *click* *click* *click-click* Bing-Bang-Bing-Bang-Bing-dl-dl-ding-ding *click* *click*
Borat: Oh da baby!
Borat: [sees the Uzbekistan embassy in Washington DC] Hey look who has an embassy here.
[puts up his middle finger]
Borat: Hey fuck you, you motherfuckers!
Borat Sagdiyev: I will look on your treasures, gypsy. Is this understood?
Borat: Who is this car that follow us? I wish it didn't follow us anymore.
Driving Instructor: Oh, I don't know.
Borat: Maybe we lose them.
Driving Instructor: No, we better not lose them.
Borat: [yelling at the passing car] Hey, don't look at me. Eat my tits!
Driving Instructor: All right. We'll make a right turn up here.
Borat: Don't look at me like that! I will eat your shit.
Driving Instructor: Hey, don't do that.
Borat: You fuck my mother.
Driving Instructor: Hey, hey. You can't do that.
Borat: No, he do before. He look on me.
Driving Instructor: You can't do that, okay? They're gonna throw us in jail, me with you. You can't...
Borat: Why in jail? He look on me- la-la-la behind.
Driving Instructor: You can't say that.
Borat: [to Uzbekistan Embassy in New York] Fuck you, Motherfuckers!
[last lines]
Borat: Thank you for watch my film. I hope you like. Dziekuje.
End Credits Men's Choir: Kazakhstan greatest country in the world, All other countries are run by little girls. Kazakhstan number one exporter of potassium, all other countries have inferior potassium. Kazakhstan home of Tinshein swimming pool, it’s length thirty meter and width six meter. Filtration system a marvel to behold. It remove 83 percent of human solid waste. Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place, From Plains of Tarashek to northern fence of Jewtown. Kazakhstan friend of all except Uzbekistan, They very nosey people with bone in their brain. Kazakhstan industry best in the world, we invented toffee and trouser belt. Kazakhstan's prostitutes cleanest in the region, except of course Turkmenistan's. Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan you very nice place, From Plains of Tarashek to northern fence of Jewtown. Come grasp the might penis of our leader from junction with the testes to tip of its face!
Borat: When you chase a dream, especially one with plastic chests, you sometimes do not see what is right in front of you.
Borat: [Referring to Pamela Anderson's character in "Baywatch"] This C.J. was like no Kazakh woman I have ever seen. She had golden hair, teeth as white as pearls, and the asshole of a seven-year-old. For the first time in my lifes, I was in love.
Borat: This is my country of Kazakhstan. It locate between Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan, and assholes Uzbekistan.
Borat: Gypsy, who is this woman you have shrunk?
Azamat: [points to two cockroaches] The Jews have shifted their shapes!
Borat: Does Jesus love my neighbour, Nushuktan Tulyiagby?
Chruch Pastor: Yes, Jesus loves everyone.
Borat: Nobody like my neighbour, Nushuktan Tulyiagby.
[everyone laughs]
Borat: Dis my mother. She oldest in village. She 45!
Borat: Sometime my sister, she show her vazhïn to my brother Bilo and say "You will never get this you will never get it la la la la la la." He behind his cage. He cries, he cries and everybody laughs. She goes "You never get this." But one time he break cage and he "get this" and then we all laugh. High five!
Borat: I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.
Borat: We need somewhere to park our black asses for the night.
Borat: I like you, do you like me?
Driving Instructor: Of course I like you.
Borat: You are my friend?
Driving Instructor: You're a nice young man and, yes, I am your friend.
Borat: You will be my boyfriend?
Driving Instructor: No, I won't be your boyfriend.
Borat: Why not?
Driving Instructor: Okay, yeah, I guess I can be your boyfriend.
Borat: I loves the Pamela Andersons.
Borat: Fuck off, Death!
Borat: Her vazhïn hang like sleeve of wizard's robe.
Borat: [ogling good looking woman] Very nice, very nice! How much?
Borat: There lives Nursultan Tulyakbay. He's still asshole. I get iPod, he only get iPod Mini. Everybody know it for girls!
Borat: [holding gun at gun shop] I feel like American movie star Dirty Harold...
Borat: [pointing and aiming gun] Go ahead, make my day, Jew...
Borat: Wawaweewa!
Borat: [singing the Kazakhi national anthem to the tune of the American national anthem] Kazakstan, greatest country in the world/all other countries are run by little girls/Kazakhstan is number-one exporter of potassium/Other Central Asian countries have inferior potassium/Kazakhstan, greatest country in the world/all other countries is run by the gays...
Borat: Pamela, I am no longer attracted to you... NOT!
Borat: [looks for a car] I want to buy a car with pussy magnet.
Borat: I like to make sexy time!
Borat: This suit is NOT BLACK!
Borat: What's up with it, vanilla face?
Borat: [referring in thought to woman speaking in feminism group] I could not concentrate on what this old man was saying.
Borat: [voiceover, referring to Azamat in Oliver Hardy outfit] I had not come to Hollywood to fight with a man dressed as Hitler.
Borat: May George Bush drink the blood of every man, woman, and child in Iraq!
Azamat: [subtitled] We should go back to New York. At least there are no Jews there.
Borat: This is Urkin, the town rapist. Naughty, naughty!
Mike Jared (Magnolia Fine Dining Society): I'm, er... recently retired...
Borat: You are a retard?
Mike Jared (Magnolia Fine Dining Society): Er... yes...
Borat: Er... physical or mental?
Bethany Weston (Magnolia Fine Dining Society): [to Jared] Retired...
Mike Jared (Magnolia Fine Dining Society): RETIRED! I don't work anymore...
Bethany Weston (Magnolia Fine Dining Society): Stopped work...
Mike Jared (Magnolia Fine Dining Society): STOPPED WORKING!
Borat: [quietly across the table] Is very good you allow retard to, er...
[mumbles politely]
Borat: I will forgive Pamela, and I will go to California with my friend Mr. Jesus, AND TOGETHER WE WILL TAKE HER!
Borat: [subtitled, to the town's rapist upon farewell] Urkin, not too much raping... Humans only!
[first lines]
Borat: Jak sie masz? My name-a Borat. I like you. I like sex. Is nice!
["How are you?" in Polish]
Borat: [indicates women beside him] In my country, they would go crazy for these two.
[points to minister's wife]
Borat: This one... not so much...
Borat: High-five!
Borat: Gypsy! Give me your tears! If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you!
Borat: This is Natalya.
[He kisses her passionately]
Borat: She is my sister. She is number-four prostitute in whole of Kazakhstan.
[She holds up a trophy and smiles]
Borat: Niiice!
Borat: My moustache still tastes of your testes!
Azamat: Eat my asshole!
Borat: This my mother. She is oldest woman in ALL of Kuzçek! She is 43! I love her! Uhh... this my wife Oxanna... She is a moron...
Oxanna: What? What? What did say about me, you skinny piece of shit? Why don't you go do something useful and dig your mother a grave, you tall piece of shit!
Chruch Pastor: I is what I is!
Borat: The only thing keeping me going was my dream of one day holding Pamela in my arms and making romance explosion on her stomach.
Borat: [steps into the hotel room] Wawaweewaa! Ooh lala!
Borat: [as he sits down in hotel room chair] Oh well, King in the Castle, King in the Castle, I have a chair! Go do dis, go do dis, King in the Castle.
Borat: How's my back pussy?
Azamat: Not bad. Moist.

Prije par dana sam po prvi puta procitala novu Maiden biografiju Paula Stenninga 30 years of the Beast i jaaaako su mi se dojmile rijeci Dennisa Strattona koje je Stenning citirao u drugom poglavlju...

''I have to admit that I found their music a bit tough to stomach.Many people say that they lost touch with their roots after the first albums.I don't think so 'cause they've had a fantastic career.If I'd stayed ,Maiden would have made me a millionaire and money woudn't be an issue anymore.But there's another side to the story:my son Jack,who's thirteen now,has always seen me play,ever since he was five.He often talks to me and tells me that if I'd stayed in the band we'd have a large house and nice cars.So I tell him ,'Certanly,but if I'd stayed,you'd probably have never been born.'We have to be happy with what we have most precious in life.''
Dennis Stratton

Ivan said:
Bruceovi odabrani citati (inače u buduće neću ovako kopirat masovno citate, ali mislim da će većina odmah krenut na maiden citate pa da ih ja rješim)

Da li znaš odakle su neki od ovih citata, tj. kad i gdje su izrečeni?

ewox said:
Prije par dana sam po prvi puta procitala novu Maiden biografiju Paula Stenninga 30 years of the Beast i jaaaako su mi se dojmile rijeci Dennisa Strattona koje je Stenning citirao u drugom poglavlju...

''I have to admit that I found their music a bit tough to stomach.Many people say that they lost touch with their roots after the first albums.I don't think so 'cause they've had a fantastic career.If I'd stayed ,Maiden would have made me a millionaire and money woudn't be an issue anymore.But there's another side to the story:my son Jack,who's thirteen now,has always seen me play,ever since he was five.He often talks to me and tells me that if I'd stayed in the band we'd have a large house and nice cars.So I tell him ,'Certanly,but if I'd stayed,you'd probably have never been born.'We have to be happy with what we have most precious in life.''
Dennis Stratton

da, ali to ti je iz jednog starog intervjua
imaš na netu negdje
nije ti on to rekao sad specijalno za tu biografiju
Gul_Ranek said:
Da li znaš odakle su neki od ovih citata, tj. kad i gdje su izrečeni?
pojma nemam
iz raznih intervjua
ja sam skinuo sa
www.brainyquote.com
tu ima zbilja od svakoga citata pa čak i od tuđmana

@Ivan
...uredu pametnjakovicu!!!Nisam niti ja nigdje navela da je to Stratton specijalno za Stenningovu biografiju izjavio...
...zar ti mislis da su citati koje si ti pisao objavljeni samo na jednom mjestu...
...trazio si citate,prema tome napisala sam sto mi je pasalo i sto sam odabrala,i jos cu pisati a ti samo komentiraj... :wink: enjoy

Back